|2|

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It was evening when Anika was preparing Tea for everyone.

She served tea to Everyone and headed towards baldev, who was doing hookah while sitting on the swing and talking to someone on phone.

Anika served tea to him and he glared at her angrily as he hates when Anika shows her face to him. Anika immediately covered her face with her saree and her eyes got teary.

Anika was sitting while cleaning the raw rice when she heard Baldev's happy voice.

B- Anuradha, decorate the house nicely. Some guests are coming from city to buy a plot here and they'll be staying here. They'll be here tomorrow morning.

Anuradha and Parul squealed in excitement.

P- Wow Jiji. I've to get Ready. I'll put on the orange lipstick which I bought in the village fair.

An- Yes and I'll wear that shimmer saree of mine.

Anuradha then turned too look at Anika, who was smiling after seeing everybody so happy.

An- Oye! Bad omen, why are you smiling like a fool? Didn't you hear what Sarpanch sahab said? Go and clean the house. Everything should be on point. After all, its the matter of our respect.

Anika nodded her head and started cleaning the house with the help of Reeti.

It was almost 6 when Anika was about to go to her hut as it was her time to eat and she couldn't eat after 6.

She was hurrying towards her hut as her stomach was growling with hunger after all the work she did today but she was stopped by Anuradha.

An- Oye! Where are you going after leaving all the work pending?

Anika bowed her head.

A- Maaji, it is time for me to eat. I'll be back after eating.

Anuradha looked at the clock and then at Anika's weak and tired stature.

An- Okay go. I don't want you to die on me otherwise the whole village will blame us for torturing you.

Anuradha said bitterly and Anika's eyes got filled with tears. She nodded her head and left.

She reached her hut and directly went to the kitchen to grab her dinner.

She served a dry chapati and boiled bottleguard vegetable without any spices. She gulped the food with water as it didn't had any taste but she got used to it in these years.

After eating, she headed back to the haveli to complete her pending chores. She cleaned two guest rooms as she was informed that two guests were coming to stay.

She was about to go when Anuradha held her hand tightly and Anika winced in pain. She looked at Anuradha and Parul with teary eyes.

An-Listen, don't even go near those guests. You already killed my son with your bad omen, now don't use your dirty tricks on those city guests and spoil our name. Now clean the whole house and make Rangoli at the doorstep.

Anika started crying and left the room.

She headed towards the main entrance but decided to make the Rangoli in the early morning as it might get spoiled by someone in the night.

She went to the hut and slept.

It was early morning, when she woke up before the sunrise and did all the chores.

She kept the warm water in front of everyone's bedroom and then started making Rangoli.

Anika was completing the last bit of the rangoli, when Anuradha walked towards her angrily. She clutched Anika's hair and Anika winced in pain.

A- Ah! Maaji.

An- I told you to prepare it at night and when the guests are about to arrive, you're making. What were you doing? Having fun or what?

A- No Maaji. It's ....alm....ost done.

An- You better complete it before they arrive.

Anuradha threatened her and Anika nodded her head.

Anuradha left her hair and walked inside.

Anika wiped her tears while sobbing and continued making Rangoli.

On the other side, Shivaay and his business partner, Chris Thompson arrived in front of the Sarpanch's house.

Shivaay smiled and Chris was looking around in amazement.

S- Welcome to the heart of India, Steve.

C- Wow man! This is so cool.

Chris said while clicking some pictures.

S- Come let's go. We're here at the Sarpanch's house.

C- what's Sarp...ace?

Shivaay chuckled and shook his head in negative.

S- Its sarpanch. He's the head of this village.

Chris nodded his head with a smile.

Shivaay and Chris walked towards the main entrance of the haveli and while he was explaining the small details of the Indian culture and he failed to notice a plate filled with red Color. He stepped on the plate by mistake and the whole Color flew in the air and now Anika was covered in red Color from head to toe.

Anika was startled for a moment and stood up. The whole family also came out and noticed everything.

Anika wiped her face with the loose end of her saree. Shivaay looked at Anika and was mesmerised by her beauty.

He came out of his trance due to Baldev's voice.

B- Welcome! Welcome. We're sorry for our daughter-in-law's foolishness.

Baldev said while glaring at Anika and she shivered in fear.

S- No. No. It was my fault. I wasn't looking in the front.

The tension in the atmosphere was broken by Chris who was observing the Rangoli with fascination.

C- Wow! What is this drawing on the floor?

S- This is called Rangoli.

C- Wow! This is so stunning but why is it drawn here?

Shivaay was speechless as he himself didn't knew the importance of rangoli.

The silence was broken by Anika.

A- The reason that a rangoli is drawn at the entrance of a house is because of it's calming effect on a visitor who is just about to enter into the house. It manifests into vibrations (brainwaves) in the visitor's mind, putting him at ease, making him comfortable and happy.

Anika explained the importance of the Rangoli in English and Shivaay was looking at her with adoration while the whole family was seething in anger except Reeti and Keshav, who were looking at her with a proud smile.

Anuradha came towards Anika and she realised that what she did. She shivered in fear.

An- Anika beta, go and change your clothes. We'll take care of the guests.

Anika nodded her head and ran towards the hut.

Hello everyone.🤗🤗

Here you go with the next chapter.😁😁

How was it?😊😊

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro