Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The winter was here and the snow had begun to fall. But my Lord still sunk his fangs deep into the flesh of my wrist. His fingers resting firmly on my pulse. He paused lifting his bloodied lips from my pale wrist, "I hope I didn't hurt you, my love," he said. I shook my head my mind spinning I couldn't order my thoughts. "I'll allow you to rest," he said wrapping my wrist up, draped a blanket over my shoulders and left me in front of the fire. I walked over to the balcony and stood on the black stone staring down at the village below the grandeur. I rested my delicate weight onto the balcony, the wind blew my long red dress all over. Armour rattled and the door suddenly opened, Vlad had sent me two guards to protect me for tonight he wasn't going to be the only vampire in the castle. 

"You should come into the warm My lady," one said coaxing me inside and grabbed my arm gently. I nodded and reluctantly came inside.

"How long is Vlad going to be delayed?" I asked, they both shrugged.

"He said don't wait up for him," one said. My smile dropped. "It's okay." I sat on the bed and grabbed my book off the side I flicked open the book and read in silence. My eyes began to close.

"We'll stand outside the door while you rest Milady," the other said. I offered them a sleepy nod, I laid down and pulled the thick blankets up over my shoulders. Sleep was not very easy, I worried that a rogue vampire would break into my room and suck me dry Vlad keeping me as a pet was already frowned upon. Often I am having to cover the bite wounds that litter my flesh or if someone spots the bandages I always say it was just an accident hoping no one noticed. At daybreak, Vlad woke me up as he climbed into bed with me.

"I hope you slept well my rose," he kissed my shoulder. I stirred ever so slightly, but not enough to be awake fully. He pulled me into his cold chest. "Go back to sleep my darling." His words were orders, with a hand snared in my hair I fell asleep in his cool embrace. It must have been noon when I rose wrapping a silk gown around my shoulders our fire had died out in the night. I allowed Vlad to sleep long into the day keeping the curtains shut tight. I bathed and changed, I sat in front of the fire with my book in my lap, and my quill in my hand, the nib scratching the paper as I wrote. I delicately dipped my quill into the ebony ink and returned it to the pale parchment.

Sometimes it did get lonely when being the only one who is up and walking around, but one guard was assigned to me who fed me and walked the castle halls with me if I pleased. I sat quietly writing for Vlad to wake up.  

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro