Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A gentle hand brushed the back of my neck and rested on my cheek. "Have you been waiting here for me?" Vlad asked. 

"I have my lord," he walked around and sat down on the chair next to me. 

"I am sorry to leave you so alone my darling," he said, he pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around me.  "What are we doing tonight?" 

"Walk the grounds?" I asked looking up at him. He nodded slowly and offered me his hand,  rested my small hand in his pale, cold hands and gently helped me up off the seat. 

"Fetch her cloak," Vlad demanded one of the guards. after a few moments of rattling armour, he brought my cloak to me and draped it over my shoulders softly. Vlad gently put the chain across my neck and pulled the hood up over my head. "Now we're ready." We walked out into cold air, I shrunk into Vlad's side, "is your thick cloak not warm enough?" his features creased into concern. He undid his and threw it over my shoulders. 

"Thank you," I said trying to hide my blush behind my hair.  Vlad chuckled and tucked a few strands behind my ear. 

"You don't need to do that," he said, he gently took my hand in his and together we walked the grounds. "I see you still carry your dagger." 

"Of course, I need to defend myself when you're not around," I smiled and rested my free hand on the jewelled hilt. His eyes were glowing red and his fangs protruded from his gums as he smiled at me. "Does my lord need to feed?" 

"I can wait my darling, I wouldn't want to feed out here I don't know whose eyes are on us," he said and squeezed my hand. He sighed and looked up at the stars, "I have missed this, I wish we could have done this last night." 

"You were engaged with other matters," I reminded him, "you also have all eternity." 

"I? Where are you?" We stopped in the middle of the path under the white blossom tree, he picked a flower and tucked it behind my ear. 

"I am only a mortal, one day our walks are going to come to an end," I said biting back the crystal tears that misted over my eyes. 

"Save those tears my darling, maybe one day you'll join me in the world of the dead," he rested his hands on my cheeks and kissed my forehead. "But for now let's live in the present, not the future." I smiled as he pulled me into his chest and hugged me to him tightly. He traced a talon-like fingernail down my jugular, he was strong and always resisted the urge. "Come, let's take a lap around the Moon Garden, I can see and feel you're shivering." We walked around admiring the flowers that dared to bloom in the presence of the moon. 

"I remember when these were just seeds and we planted them together," I said as I gently caressed their soft petals in between my fingers. 

"And we will plant these for many years to come," he said and softly kissed my neck. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro