Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Every young girl around Romania dreamt of living in a castle, wearing the finery and dining with the highest of society. But yet here I was again walking the tomb of Vlads ancestors he was to join me soon. The last of the suns rays dared to shine through the red and white cross stain glass window and cast its colours to the floor on the cold stone. The door creaked open behind me, "of all the places to wait for me, a tomb is not where I would have pictured you." 

"I felt like exploring while you slept," I replied. 

"Please don't get yourself into trouble one day, I won't be able to protect you," he said. 

"I promise my lord," I said and linked my arm with his. His long red fur cloak blew gently in the draught of the door. 

"Are you ready for tonight?" he asked.  I shook my head. 

"I am rather nervous," I replied and fiddled with the rings that decorated my pale, slender fingers. 

"Is that because you will be the only human or the fact it's your first audience with me?" he asked. 

"Does both count?" I asked. 

"Would you like me to compel you to be confident?" he asked. I shook my head, a curl fell loose and landed on my shoulder which he delicately pushed over it. 

"No, I am sure I'll be okay," I said and dropped my gaze to the ground as we walked. We paused and he gently tipped my head to look up at him. 

"You'll be at my side, and I'll be your only focus as you will be mine," he said and gently pecked my lips. "Good," he beamed his warm smile, took me through the great hall and to our chambers. The wolf hearth was so large our room was already warm, my book sat on my chair by the window and a beautiful red silk dress was placed in the seat. I turned my head to look at him. "Where did you get this?" 

"It was my mothers," he replied. 

"I couldn't," I said. 

"Yes, you can. I'd rather see it on you than being eaten by moths in the wardrobe,"  he said. 

"Okay," I agreed. 

"Better hurry and get ready we're all meeting at midnight in the ground hall," he said. My maids rushed in and prepared me for the night. 

"Why do you shake Milady?" one asked.

"Nerves," I replied, as the other pulled the laces tight on my corset. When I was ready Vlad retrieved me from my room, he was stunned and words neglected his tongue and his vocal cords were frozen. "What?" 

"It's nothing, you look beautiful," he said. We slowly walked to the grand hall, the sequins on the dress twinkling like stars under the chandeliers as we passed. The crystals that hung around my neck glittered as they also caught the light. But as soon as the double doors were opened by Vlads guards the chatter stopped and all undead eyes turned in our direction. 

"Ready?" he asked again. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro