Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Together we dined in the great hall, well I did. I was the only one actually eating while his guests drank from their goblets of splendour.  Vlad kept me very close, and my trio of guards stood behind us. "I heard you were attacked in the garden," one of the female vampires asked trying to make conversation with me. I looked at her, then at my plate and toyed with my food. "Has she taken a vow of silence since the attack?" she continued. 

"No," he chuckled, "she's just nervous," he gently stroked my hand. 

"I can understand that, I am more than happy to take her under my wing?" she said grinning at me softly, I stole a reassuring glance from Vlad. 

"You can trust her, she's one of my very close friends," he replied. 

"As long as she doesn't drain me," I replied quietly, he huffed a laugh. 

"That won't happen," he replied, "she'll look after you along with the guards." 

"Could do her some good to have some female company," she said. "Would you like to go for an evening ride? I have heard you're an avid horsewoman." I looked at Vlad again. 

"You don't require my permission," he replied. 

"I....I...e....er...." Vlad rested his hand over mine again. 

"Breathe," he whispered, I took a quick breath in and steadied my nerves. 

"I would love to," I answered smiling back at her. 

"Splendid, have you finished?" she pointed to my plate. 

"Yes," I nodded, and with my guards, we headed to the stables.  My Friesian stallion was tacked up by the stable boys and so was the female vampires grey Lusitano.

"The names Prudence," she said. 

"Nice to meet you," I said as she helped me to clamber onto the back of my horse. Together we rode around the dark paths of the great castle, torches lit our way here and there.  

"I am sorry to hear what happened to you I really am," she said and gently leaned over her saddle creaking and rested a pale, cold hand on my shoulder. 

"I guess it was going to happen sooner or later," I replied.

"That's not an excuse," she replied. 

"I know," I replied and gently nudged my horse faster into a trot spooking her horse. 

"Wait for me!" Prudence yelled and gently nudged her horse to catch up, we rode around the back of the castle to Vlads private cemetery, she glanced at the graves and then at me.  "Does it not bother you that your darling love is going to out live you?" I halted my horse and looked at her. 

"Of course it does...." she interrupted me. 

"Has he offered you eternal life?" she asked. 

"Yes, but I am not sure I am ready to take that step yet," I answered. We continued walking past the cemetery. 

"No one is ever ready, one day he may not have a choice, I know he never wants to lose you," she reminded me. 

"Well let's hope it doesn't come to that, I'd rather decide that for myself," I replied and rode ahead of her glancing up at the full moon. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro