12: Check In

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

AN: if you want to see how I edited and wrote the next five chapters, it's available on twitch under the same username!

As you collapsed onto the fainting couches in Rolanda's room, you thought all of the life energy had been sucked out of you.

"Cor! How does one do this every year?!" You complained while wildly gesturing your hands.

"Every year? Try after each break!" Rolanda laughed enthusiastically as she poured two glasses of honey mead.

"Nghhh," a groan emanated from you. "Tell me it's not this exhausting every day..."

"You get used to it." Rolanda gave you a pitiful, but understanding look.

And get used to it, you did. There was a few months before anything eventful occurred. Your class of fifteen became much more manageable and you felt a little bit closer to your fellow professors.

"How are you faring, dear?" Dumbledore beckoned you in.

"Dashing, Headmaster, absolutely dashing." You spoke honestly. "But tired, naturally."

The aging wizard chuckled at you, petting his phoenix gently.

"That's the right attitude. How do you progress with your task?" He wandered around his packed office, going from special item to delightful decoration.

"It could be going worse." You admitted. "I'm not a party to anything personal, but from what I've observed, not much has changed."

"I figured it would be difficult. Why not visit after hours? Friday is a very special day, after all." Dumbledore hinted.

"Oh! That kind of special day? No one has mentioned it."

"Does that surprise you, Esmeralda?"

With a sigh, you responded, "I suppose not."

"Next week is the first quidditch match between houses. Perhaps your attendance would be valued." He postulated.

"Perhaps. I will inquire." You had a thinking face on as well. "How are you faring, Headmaster?"

"Things are unusually calm as of late. I don't believe it will stay this way for long. Be on the look out. I would hate for things to go off-course for you."

The warning sent shivers down your spine. You didn't want to imagine what happened if your special mission failed. There were days where you felt that no progress had been made, and days where you felt that you made leaps and bounds. It was all in the job, you figured.

"But don't worry yourself about it now," Dumbledore had the skill to sense when you were becoming uneasy. That, and your body turned a pale yellow when you were nervous. "You are doing a splendid job in your position. Who knew that a metamorphmagus would be the perfect fit? I've seen you shifting into the actual ghouls and allowing the students close inspection! Brilliant!"

"Thank you!" A large smile spread over your face. "I appreciate it. I do try."

"I know you do, darling. It's an endearing quality to all."

A slight purple washed over you, a sign of pride.

"Let's hope one in specific."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro