Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Then

Feathers were strewn every where it looked like a bird of prey had had its meal. My pegasus thrashed about on the ground, he neighed loudly. I tried to push myself off the earth my armour heavy and dented. My winged helmet laid metres from the crash site the wind was too strong and my pegasus was thrown from the sky, he hit the brittle arms of a tree as he crash landed. We laid strewn on the wet grass not far from the gates of a farmstead. 

I knelt next to my steed, I brushed a hand over his neck and saw the damage. One of his wings were broken and so was his foreleg. He continued to neigh. "Okay, boy," I said, I suddenly heard horses hooves coming toward us but I didn't move from my spot. I reached for the blade on my belt and stayed crouching. A man and his friends stopped before me. The one with the Amber in his blade dismounted immediately and ran to me.

"Have the gods blessed me that they send me a Valkyrie?" He asked.

"They have most certainly been watching you," I replied.

"I've never seen a pegasus up close," he said.

"Uhtred, you're mistaken," one of his men said who had a thick Irish accent.

"I am not Finan I can tell if there's a pegasus in front of me," he said.

"Lord, it's a horse," Finan said.

"Do you have a spare stable?" I asked tucking a strand of white behind my ear. Uhtred ran a hand over the back of his neck.

"I am sure we have enough room for a pegasus," he smiled sadly and attempted to help me to get him to stand. He neighed louder and together with the help of another horse we managed to get him into the farmstead stable. We got him comfortable and did what I could to start healing his wings. While he rested and the paste worked on his wings and leg Uhtred took care of my small scrapes and scratches. I sat in front of the fire with him. He gently held my ivory slender hands in his.

He stroked his fingers over the silver rings that lined each of my fingers, each band had a norse rune carved into it. "How did you end up here?" Finan asked.

"Thors storm blew us out of the sky and we crash landed," I said as Uhtred dabbed a wound on my head making me hiss. I looked over to the other young dark haired warrior was looking at my dirtied helmet.

"You can clean that for her Sihtric," Finan said. He looked between us all.

"You don't have to," I giggled.

"No, but you are a very important soldier," Finan reminded us. We all chuckled amongst each other.

"I'd forgotten what it was like to spend time with humans," I said.

"Well you won't be leaving us anytime soon, well not until your steed can fly again," Uhtred said.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro