Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Axe in one hand and sword in the other Edwards men had surrounded me. It was raining now, my Pegasus fought hard alongside me his wings too wet and heavy to fly. "You're not escaping us this time heathen!" one man exclaimed, which resulted in my pegasus kicking the soldier. His armour buckled and blood covered the bent armour. The mortal men tired long before I did, weary they continued to fight. With gentle words, I prayed to Thor for his lightning to strike one of the men it was answered in mere moments and Edwards horse threw him right at my boots and my Pegasus' hooves. 

I dismounted, "what are you going to do now young King?" I said using my axe to make him look at me. My Pegasus pinned his ears and challenged the advancing men, spears pointed toward us, "you are foolish trying to ban us from your lands!"

"You have broken my trust," he said. 

"After all Uhtred did for you!" I exclaimed and cut his cheek with my axe, "if anything young lion you betrayed us," I raised my axe high ready to strike and just as I was about to slam it down into the flesh of his neck a voice stopped us. 

"Do not kill him, it's too good for him!" Uhtred said riding toward me. I dropped my axe in the mud, and jumped onto the back of my Pegasus and turned tail on the young King. "What were you thinking, they don't know you're immortal." 

"I was thinking about you," I replied. 

"Well put your interests first you're not in fierce battles anymore," he reminded her and lean't a hand over to rest it on her shoulder. 

"I know," I said.  We reached Cookham in no time, we were greeted by Uhtreds men. 

"What happened?" Finan asked resting a hand on the neck of my Pegasus, who turned his head to his hand and threatened to bite him. 

"Edward was foolish enough to try and take a Valkyrie on on her own with his men," Uhtred said. 

"Are you okay? You're not hurt are you?" Finan panicked and looked me over, and I pushed his hand away.

"I am fine stop fussing," I said sliding down from the back of my steed and pushed Finan back gently, my steed stared at him and pinned his ears. 

"Okay," he said and walked away to join Uhtred and Sihtric. 

"You know not to fuss over a Valkyrie," he reminded Finan. 

"I can still hear you," I said and walked into the village, my Pegasus hot on my boots he stayed close to me he never liked to be alone.  As we walked I reached a hand back and fed him a golden apple he took it softly, his velvet lips touching my hand. I walked into my hut and poured myself a bowl of water, washing the dirt and warpaint off my face. My Pegasus nudged me with his nose. "Okay, okay fine," she said dipping a cloth into the water and washed the paint off her Pegasus.  Uhtred walked in without announcing himself. 

"You are to stay here especially if Edward is hunting you," he said. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro