Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Vegas, what's wrong with you?"

Pete looked at the silent man whose only interest at that moment was to apply medicine to his injured leg. 

It has been three days since he was abducted, and Vegas has been acting strange. 

He still accompanied Pete on daily walks, shared their meals together, slept in the same room. It was just sometimes Vegas appeared to say something, but he kept silent and quickly ran away.

Pete could not bear being treated like that. He chose to open up his heart with Vegas, when he realized he indeed liked him a few days ago. No matter when, how or why it started, Pete wouldn't deny his feelings. Once he liked someone, he never hesitated to show how he cared. Perhaps Pete was the kind that offer the person he loved everything he had.

Pete felt like giving was the best thing to do in the world.

"What are you angry about?"

"...No"

"If you don't say it, I won't help you wash the vegetables anymore."

Everyone in the village came to help the wedding ceremony of Village leader's daughter. Pete was super estatic to join the festive atmosphere that he took Vegas along. They were assigned to wash the vegetables. Pete happily took them to find a seat and start working on the veggies.

Vegas, no matter how sullen he was, he must follow what Pete said.

So annoying, he thought.

For the first time in his life, he had to wash vegetables. And not even for himself, he had to do it for others. But if he didn't do it, he was worried that Pete would think he was upset with him. And he didn't want that. 

Damn. 

Stupid love. 

Stupid vegetables.

My wife... can't die...

Ughhh!

Pete couldn't help but laugh as he watched Vegas wash vegetables with a sour expression on his face.

"That's enough!" Pete got to his feet while dragging Vegas to wash his hands. "The hard-working farmer, hehe!"

The sky was getting dark. Sounds of people shouting and cheering outside meant that the celebration was about to start. There were only Vegas and Pete here in the quiet atmosphere. 

Pete took Vegas's hand and led the way to the Prayer Spring, the place they went before. Although it was not far, it was still dark and Pete's leg hasn't fully healed. So Vegas can only assist him to move forward.

It wasn't long before they could hear the sound of stream. Pete stopped and stared at a few leaves dangling in the water. He spoke after a while: "Last time I prayed for one thing, but this time I have another wish."

Pete said and looked at Vegas. He then closed his eyes, flashing a small smile and folded in hands in prayer. 

Vegas look at his side angle. It was soft and smooth and made everyone want to stare at him for a very long time. 

"What did you wish for?"

"I can't say. Don't wanna jinx it."

"So... who did you wish for?"

"You." - Pete smiled, his cheeks revealed his cute dimples.

Vegas furrowed his eyebrows in astonishment as he did not anticipated getting such a straight-forward answer. 

"Vegas, why do you care about this bracelet so much? What did you wish for on that day?"

Vegas always put his bracelet away first before doing anything, whether it was taking a shower or fighting. Vegas didn't hide how much he treasured this bracelet. 

"Pete, I also don't wanna jinx my wish."

"Then, who do you wish for?"

"You." My prayer can only be about you. 

"Then I know what it is."

"..."

"I will also wish for the same, do you believe me?"

"I trust you!"

Not only trust, but there was also hope. 

I hope you weren't joking.

I hope you didn't get me wrong.

I hope you... love me too. 

Pete took both of Vegas's hands. "Are you cold?"

Vegas got a little nervous and excited when Pete held his hands. He pulled Pete's hands to his cheeks. 

"It's not cold anymore."

Pete unconsciously rubbed Vegas's cheeks with his thumbs. He looked deeply into the opposite person's eyes.

"But I am cold, Vegas. I feel cold, and lonely, when you refuse to share your troubles with me. Was it because we haven't been with each other for long enough, or because we have no connection,  that you don't believe me?"

Although Pete could vaguely sense Vegas's feelings for him, it wasn't obvious. He had lived with his grandparents for years, before working his ass off to provide for himself, Pete was really a noob in catching someone's feelings. 

But with just that one word "You", Pete knew he was definitely right. 

This person liked me. 

Vegas frowned upon hearing Pete said the two of them had no connection at all. His expression changed from gentle to fretful.

"Of course there was a connection. What about the last few days? Why do you say that? Ten days are something too. I have never not believed you..."

"Hahaha, Vegas, your mood changes so fast!" Pete grinned while keeping his hans on Vegas's face.

Vegas was startled when he heard that. He suddenly felt silent and looked down. After much deliberation, Vegas eventually spoke:

"Do you think I am an unbearable lunatic? As you can see, I change my mood so fast and occasionally love control. I am hot-tempered and impatient. I'll break things, I'll hit people, I can even destroy everything within my eyesight."

"..."

"Pete, are you... afraid of me?

Do you accept me?

Or do you, like everyone else, despise me.

No, you are not like them. But I am still afraid.

If one day I don't see you, I will return to hell. I don't know how to fight for this damned life any longer.

Will you take mercy on me?

Even just a little bit?

"Yes, I am afraid."

"..."

Pete watched Vegas's uncertain eyes. "But that was before I realize who you really are. If you are that scary, will you harm me?"

"No."

No, never in this eternity.  

"Vegas, I know you won't do that. So what is there to fear? If one day you really harm me, I'll go. But please know that I will never leave just because you are unbearable. Understand?"

Pete gave Vegas a bear hug and rubbed circles on his back. He knew Vegas had locked himself in his worries over the previous days. It turned out that Vegas thought he would despise him and leave him once he saw his dark side. 

Vegas, you underestimated me. I was not easily intimidated like that.

Pete came to the conclusion that Vegas never had feeling of security. Was it because he had been in danger his whole life? What kind of harm did he get that he was scared to show his real person?

Oh, my poor Vegas. 

"I'm grateful." Vegas sighed and buried his face in Pete's shoulder, breathing in the comforting aroma of jasmine tea. 

Vegas always behaved like a child in front of Pete, expressed his feelings without restraints or deception. There was no longer any hostility or conspiracy, only the real and raw Vegas. Pete was glad he got to see Vegas like this, the true Vegas that was all his. 

"My Vegas is so cute. Oh wait, I forgot, are you even mine?"

"Yes. Yours. I'm yours."

I have a demon inside, but it would be imprisoned in hell forever if you are next to me.

Perhaps because Vegas felt overjoyed, his pheromone became much stronger and thicker around Pete, whom owned his heart. 

Pete could smell the agarwood scent around him, but he didn't feel dizzy this time. It was rather... strange. 

He felt safe.

"I heard a myth that two people can fell in love immediately if their pheromones are compatible to each other. I used to laugh at that, but now, maybe I will have to think again."

Vegas pulled away from Pete, a pout was visible on his face.

"You only like my pheromone?"

"No, i don't like Alphas with sexy pheromones.. The person I like... is called Vegas. Just Vegas."

He needed to say this outright to Vegas, no matter how embarrassed, since he wanted Vegas to let go of his worries. 

Maybe this was a nature of Omega, or maybe deep inside Pete always yearned for a gaze that belongs to only him.  Pete never showed it before, but someone like him who hasn't experienced love since early in life always wanted to be taken care. 

Pete got it all from this person. 

No matter what awaits for them ahead, he trusted his feelings at that moment. He liked Vegas, and he was willing to give himself a chance to follow his heart. 

Vegas offered him affections he never knew, gave him warmth to give Vegas his trust, and provided him a sense of security.

Pete would also indulge in this beautiful feelings. 

A new hope.

End #8

Translator note: You can visit Light11071303's original story and vote up there as well :)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro