12. Peaceful Revenge

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

CHAPTER TWELVE
(peaceful revenge)

Kachiri looked to the distance and then spoke," It's time" Vivienne took a deep breath as she walked ahead while they followed after her. None of them used their enhanced speed and just walked in a slow pace.

Once they were out of the tree's Vivienne looked at the allies who all shared stares of shock and relief at her. She then locked her eyes with Benjamin who did not remove his eyes from her. She had looked at him apologetically as he nodded like he understood, and just sent her a smile which she returned discreetly.

"Ah" Aro spoke up as he looked at her," My Dear Vivienne" She had the hugest urge to scowl and just destroy him with the way his eyes looked at her.

"The time for witnesses is past! Cast your vote, Aro!" Caius snarled loudly, unlike Aro, he absolutely despised Vivienne. He knew how powerful she was, and he hated it. He felt like his own seat was in danger, that she could easily make it into his throne.

Marcus enjoyed the company of her when he tried his best not to be deep in his thoughts. Regardless of how powerful she was, her knowledge had given him a small light of lenience.

"This is Huilen and her nephew, Nahuel" Vivienne announced ignoring Caius's outburst. She smirked as she watched the white-haired male narrow at her words, in fact, all of them felt the slight weakness in their knees at the term 'nephew'

It was like a fear stuck them that the vampire world had a lot of things that even they didn't know about"

"Speak, Huilen" Aro commanded, as he glanced at her," Give us the witness you were brought to bear" Once he finished his words, he turned his gaze back at Vivienne.

Huilen looked at Alice then to Vivienne who both nodded their heads in encouragement, while Kachiri put her hand on the shorter woman's shoulder.

"I am Huilen," the woman announced, it was apparent she had prepared herself to tell this story, that she had practiced. It flowed like a well-known nursery rhyme. "A century and a half ago, I lived with my people, the Mapuche. My sister was Pire. Our parents named her after the snow on the mountains because of her fair skin. And she was very beautiful—too beautiful. She came to me one day in secret and told me of the angel that found her in the woods, that visited her by night. I warned her." Huilen shook her head mournfully. "As if the bruises on her skin were not warning enough. I knew it was the Libishomen of our legends, but she would not listen.

"She told me when she was sure her dark angel's child was growing inside her. I didn't try to discourage her from her plan to run away—I knew even our father and mother would agree that the child must be destroyed, Pire with it. I went with her into the deepest parts of the forest. She searched for her demon angel but found nothing. I cared for her, hunted for her when her strength failed. She ate the animals raw, drinking their blood. I needed no more confirmation of what she carried in her womb. I hoped to save her life before I killed the monster"

"But she loved the child inside her. She called him Nahuel, after the jungle cat, when he grew strong and broke her bones—and loved him still.

"I could not save her. The child ripped his way free of her, and she died quickly, begging all the while that I would care for her Nahuel. Her dying wish—and I agreed.

"He bit me, though, when I tried to lift him from her body. I crawled away into the jungle to die. I didn't get far—the pain was too much. But he found me; the newborn child struggled through the underbrush to my side and waited for me. When the pain ended, he was curled against my side, sleeping.

"I cared for him until he was able to hunt for himself. We hunted the villages around our forest, staying to ourselves. We have never come so far from our home, but Nahuel wished to see the child here."

"Nahuel is very much like my beloved Niece," Vivienne stated as she kept her head held high," No laws have been broken"

"Nahuel" Aro spoke taking his gaze away from her," You are one hundred and fifty years old?"

"Give or take a decade, we don't keep track" Nahuel responded

"And you reached maturity at what age?"

"About seven years after my birth, more or less, I was full grown"

"You have not changed since then?"

Nahuel shrugged. "Not that I've noticed."

Aro studied the male before him as he listened to the heartbeat and furrowed his brows," And your diet?"

"Mostly blood, but some human food, too. I can survive on either" Vivienne had not known that so she took a breath in relief knowing her niece was not going to outgrow them, and none of them had to watch her die.

"You were able to create an immortal?" Vivienne knew what Aro was going, and he was trying to find anything to end a life today. He wanted to seek for any law broken, so that he could strike fear as his role being the leader of their kind.

"Yes, but none of the rest can" Vivienne spoke up as she smirked making the leaders all murmur at her words, he looked at her perplexed" The Rest?"

"Nahuel's sister's," She said amused clasping her hands behind her back, as she swayed on her feet," Would you be intrigued to know the rest Aro?" She said firmly as Nahuel looked at him waiting for Aro to ask.

"Yes, perhaps you should tell us the rest of your story, for there seems to be more" Vivienne smirked at the tone in his voice, as averted her attention back to Nahuel.

"My father came looking for me a few years after my mother's death." Nahuel's face distorted slightly. "He was pleased to find me." Nahuel's tone suggested the feeling was not mutual. "He had two daughters, but no sons. He expected me to join him, as my sisters had"

"He was surprised I was not alone. My sisters are not venomous, but whether that's due to gender or a random chance... who knows? I already had my family with Huilen, and I was not interested"—he twisted the word— "in making a change. I see him from time to time. I have a new sister; she reached maturity about ten years back."

"Your father's name?" Caius asked through gritted teeth.

"Joham," Nahuel answered. "He considers himself a scientist. He thinks he's creating a new super-race." He made no attempt to disguise the disgust in his tone

"We take care of the aberration here, and then follow it south" Caius growled

"Hold on," Vivienne said loudly making them all turn to her," You can stop Joham as you will, but first, I have something to say, and I won't take no for an answer"

"is that a threat?" Caius scowled at her, he turned to Jane about to give her the command but Aro raised his hand stopping him.

"Brother please," Aro said softly as he turned back to Vivienne," Please proceed my dear Vivienne"

"You saw what Alice showed you, and it's one precognition that never changed, no matter what. I am sure of it"

"The future can always change," Aro said sternly and Vivienne shook her head," Yes that is true, but the way your role ends, will always be the same. I will be the one to end you, all the time. You know my powers, and what it's capable of, I can end all of you right this moment without hesitation"

When Vivienne said those words, everyone couldn't help but feel themselves cringe at how serious she expressed," You will leave in peace" Vivienne said suddenly," You will follow the laws just like how we have to, you will not take lives unless they earn it"

"Do you remember what you told me, Aro?" He nodded as she continued

"Vivienne Beckett is venomous and she can destroy you with just a touch. So be careful and don't play with poison" Vivienne said sweetly," That was your words exactly, and you are so far deep in my venom, that you can never escape it. You are already poisoned, and you done that all on your own Aro. So, mark my words, you will not be leaving with the threats because there will not be one, because we are not foolish—Almost every law you had enforced, was broken, and remember the time you had me in your little Castle? Well, I didn't leave without evidence of all your wrong doings—Mainly like my people."

"You've stolen—" Vivienne lifted her hand as just a false threat to Caius who closed his mouth," I've taken back what you stolen from me, so don't start with me Caius, because you know what will happen if you mess with me"

He stepped back and snarled at her," Aro, there will be no fight today, that is true, but remember this, one word, and I can have most of the immortals in the entire world on my side if I showed them just how corrupt you all are, and not even your little Jane and Alec would stand a chance"

"I'm not declaring a war—I am only giving you a fair warning Aro, and you know I can easily end it all right here, but I'm not going to do that because that's what you want, you wanted me to be your little venomous puppet that destroyed the things you tire of"

"So, unless someone here rightfully breaks the law, then I will not interfere, but if you take a life of an innocent, I'll know because I have a lot of friends all around"

Aro lowered his hands as he looked at her nodding," Leave in peace, Aro" Carlisle said stiffly finally being the first to speak after the long silence that went with Vivienne's words," Please remember that we still have our anonymity to protect here, and keep your guard from hunting in this region"

"Of course, Carlisle," Aro assured him as he looked at Vivienne," I will keep my word, and I will follow the law, if not, you have the right to end it"

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that Aro, as much as I think you deserve it, I know what will happen if you all lost your rule. I'm not foolish to take a king from his throne without knowing there will not be bloodshed that follows after"

Aro looked at the rest of the Volturi as he walked to them slowly, and soon enough they all left quickly. No one moved from their spots for a few moments, and waited patiently as the listened to the sounds their surroundings. Once they had confirmed they were safe they all sighed in relief.

The sound of cheering filled their ears from behind as Vivienne slowly walked to the roaring crowd. She needed to properly apologize Benjamin, for not letting him, but it seemed to be useless when he just tackled her the moment, she got closer.

Vivienne was indeed foolish to actually think Benjamin would really think she left again. She was showered in so many kisses from him as she laughed in return. She finally found her happiness, and sure she had to make a threat to the King, but she knew one thing.

She was going to make him live in fear, for her, that was her win, because he was going to slowly let that fear take over. She knew that for sure. It was her peaceful revenge, one that did not take her from the light.

Vivienne Beckett might just be a little venomous after all, but you know what, that is perfectly okay because as long as you do it right, the poison will not harm you. The poison is just water that leaves a little burn in return. A burn that can be cured or can be a pain, it's all up to you.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro