Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Is that what you're worrying about, losing your She Wolf position?" Finan asked. 

"That's not as strange as you think it is," Uhtred said gently running his hand up and down my back. 

"I knew you were territorial, but come on Truda you know our men won't accept Aethelfled as one of our own," Finan reminds her. 

"Yeah and she's a princess," she reminds him. 

"That's why you're drawn to her, you're so blind to what's in front of you!" she growls getting up and walking to a quiet spot on her own. 

"That's not fair or true!" Uhtred protests., he walks closer and tries to place a hand on her shoulder but she shrugs it off. "Come on, you know you're my favourite She Wolf." 

"Not anymore, you've fallen for that princess, you spend more time with her!" she growls. Uhtred sighs and runs a hand through his hair. 

"I am only teaching her to fight nothing more," he says and sits down next to her. "That's why I don't spend as much time with you anymore." 

"Yeah, your priorities have changed, and so has your loyalty!" she snaps. "Uhtred of Bebbanburg has become Uhtred the Saxon." He could tell she was really hurt and questioning his loyalty. "Let's just hope that no one turns on you!" she growls. He could almost see the angry fire burning deep in her eyes. 

"That's not fair!" he says. 

"What's not fair is abandoning your family and the people you love around you!" she growls.

"Enough! I do not wish to hear these lies!" he said standing now and storming back to the main group. She watched him leave and huffed before taking up her quiver and bow. She walked away and disappeared into the forest, she started stalking a buck, following the deep hoofprints in the soft mud. She stopped and paused as she heard every sound, even listening to the rustling of the leaves above her head on the creaking arms of trees. She pulled her cloak around her shoulders a little more, as the breeze began to get up. To make matters worse, rain began to pour and she found herself sheltering in a cave alone. 

She sat against the frigid stone as a shiver spiralled out from the core of her body. Her teeth started chattering. She looked around her surroundings and looked for anything that she could use to make a fire, however, the cave was vacant of materials and inhabitants. This would be her resting place for the night, she pulled her knees up to her chest and rested her head on them keeping an eye on the entrance of the cave. The earth was soon swallowed by darkness and her vision failed. Instead, she relied on her hearing, however, the night was quiet no threats to be found. Only a few animals crossed through the forest unaware of her presence she almost seemed like a guardian of the forest. By midnight the great warrior's eyes closed in fatigue but her night would not be as restful as she wished. A great thudding of feet could be heard and it was heading in her direction. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro