Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Again," Uhtred said. He had volunteered to teach Aethelflaed to fight, I tightened the girth on my saddle my horse turned his head to look at me. 

"I'd rather not fall off boy," I told him, he snorted and returned to eating grass. I leant against his back watching Aethelflaed train, she was a long way from being skilled with a blade. 

"Ready for patrol?" Finan asked leading his horse over to me. 

"Wait," I said keeping my eyes on the two fighting figures. The two swords clashed and sparked, Uhtred pushed her back and tripped her up. I huffed a laugh and climbed onto my horses back. Finan walked at my side sitting tall in his saddle. 

"What is your fascination with the pair of them?" he asked. 

"Nothing, I just don't want Uhtred hurt," I replied.

"He won't," Finan reassured me. 

"Okay," I said and trotted forward. 

"Hey, wait for me!" he exclaimed. We walked around the corpses of both Dane and Saxon, I tried to keep my eyes up and ahead. It was quiet here, we could hear the calling livestock, the rustling of leaves and our horses neighing lowly to each other. 

"We lost so many," I said.

"And so did they," Finan reminded me, "but at least they are in  Valhalla now." He leant over, his saddle creaked and slapped me on the back gently. "There's no need to be emotional." 

"I am not," I said and looked away at the buildings. 

"Right Truda," he said, we rode in silence till we reached the well just outside the walls. We dismounted and allowed the horses to drink. I leant my back against the well and bathed in the sun. "I am glad that you and Uhtred aren't arguing anymore." 

"Me too," I replied. 

"How are your wounds?" he asked. 

"I'm still a bit sore but I will heal," I said. 

"I can only imagine," he replied, we decided to walk the rest of the patrol our horses backs needed a rest. When we reached the start of our circuit Aethelflaed and Uhtred were inside. We saw to our horses and joined them in the main hall, Finan collapsed by the fire while I sat on his other side and sharpened my blade, my hand slipped and I accidentally cut my hand. "Truda!" Finan exclaimed, ripped the sleeve of his shirt and wrapped it around my hand. 

"That's a habit I need to break," I replied. 

"That you do," he said. 

"What has Truda done now?" Uhtred asked joining us he sat down next to me, took my hand and kissed it ignoring the fresh blood that pooled from the fresh wound. "Yes, that's definitely a habit you must break!" I huffed a laugh and nudged his arm gently. 

"How's the training?" Finan asked changing the subject. 

"It's slow, don't worry Truda she won't be topping your skills anytime soon," Uhtred said trying to reassure me. 

"Good, I am the only She Wolf you need amongst your army," I smiled. 

"Indeed," he said nodding in agreement. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro