№1|Enter: Medusa Demgorgean

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

№1|Enter: Medusa Demgorgean
◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

It was quiet, almost a little too quiet, the sound of rustling from a nearby bush appeared to be a bunny. It hopped through the moonlit plain of grass, with not a worry in the world, completely unaware of the white wolf watching it from the bushes.

The wolf stalked closer towards the bunny, and opened his mouth to reveal sharp teeth. Strands of drool dripped down from it. Once in reach of the bunny, the wolf leaped up into the sky, but before it could feast on the bunny... the video paused.

"Werewolves, what do we know about them?" The snaked hair researcher pondered, walking out onto the stage, "I, Medusa Demgorgean, have devoted my life to answering that question."

Medusa gulped, looking into the room of investors watching her every move. I need this to go well; I need more funding for this project. Now is not the time to get nervous, Medusa.

"Through my research I've learned that werewolves are in the league of their own." She clicked a button, and the video turned into a slideshow of a werewolf's body x-ray. "Their bodies are designed to shift between their human and wolf form almost instantly. The fur that lines their body is equipped to adapt to any weather condition."

One of the investors raised their hand, "why would we want to invest in a project to study werewolves? Have you seen what they do to people? They're murderers!"

"I'm aware of what the media says miss, but I believe that there's a different side to their story. If you just fund my study, I can assure you that I will be able to learn more about their race with hands-on research! Books and research papers can only teach us so much-"

"Miss Medusa," another investor spoke up, "we've heard enough, and I think that this goes for all of us when I say we can't fund your research study. I'm sorry, Medusa."

Medusa felt her mind shatter, "bu-but!" She tried to catch the investors as they were walking out of the conference hall, "if you just give me more of your time-"

"Miss Medusa!" The investors turned around, fuming with anger and annoyance, "we can't fund your research, end of story. Werewolves are dangerous, just leave it at that. Go mix some chemicals or something and call us when you finally have something we're interested in."

Medusa sighed and walked back to the conference hall. She packed up her research and turned off the projector. "Why won't they listen...?" Medusa asked herself. She held up the skull of a werewolf, "you aren't so bad, are you?"

She stopped and sighed, "I'm talking to a wolf skull." She hung her head low and placed the skull back onto the table, "I need some friends..."

Medusa put on her jacket and placed the last of her research into her bag. She pulled out a little notebook, flipping to a page that said 'failed pitching attempts.' she placed an X over 15 "and that's number 15," she closed the notebook and placed it back in her purse.

"Hmm, 15 failed attempts, maybe stuffing my sorrows in cake might help me celebrate this wonderful occasion." Medusa scowled, angrily marching away from the Research Center for Mythical Biology.

She looked up to see rain pouring down. "Wonderful..." Medusa scorned, opening her umbrella. She watched as people whispered and gave her nasty looks. Medusa stood at the crosswalk, noticing a couple gawking at her in disgust.

Medusa sighed deeply, glaring at the couple, "what?! I have snakes in my hair; and yes, I'm blind. But I see through my snakes. Yes, I can turn you into stone if I wanted to so if you don't want to be a stature I advise you to run"

Once the walk signal appeared, the couple scurried across the street, in fear of being turned to stone by the demogorgon. Medusa ran her fingers through her part snake, part human hair, "one day they'll understand, babies; they'll understand that I'm just like them."

Medusa stopped, a shiver ran down her spine, she felt as though someone was watching her. "Hello?" she looked around to see nobody was there, but she felt it. She shook her head and continued walking, soon reaching her favorite bakery - Cake Walk

She opened the door, and the smell of delicious treats flooding her senses. "Malakai! You're here? I'm craving a just-got-rejected-by-investors-again-red velvet cake!" Medusa called out.

The sound of pots and pans clanging filled the room as a young man with unruly dark brown hair and hazel eyes emerged from the kitchen. He had an athletic build type and a beautiful smile. The smell of french perfume was strong on him, and he was out of breath.

"He-hey! What can I help you with Medusa?" Malakai tried to fix his hair, attempting to look presentable.

"How about we start with the red velvet cake, and then you can explain why you smell like sex and french perfume." Medusa smirked slyly.

"O-Oh, th-the perfume? It's a new recipe I'm trying! Yeah! Perfume cake!" Malakai laughed nervously, his eyes shifted away from Medusa

Medusa rolled her eyes, "what's her name?"

Malakai sighed in defeat, "I can never lie to you, huh, Medusa?"

"Nope," Medusa hopped onto the counter, indulging herself in a red velvet slice of cake, "now spill."

"I don't know her name; that's the exciting part, she says it keeps the mystery and such." Malakai smiled in delight, leaning over the display case.

"So you don't know her name?" Medusa questioned.

"Nope, but she has beautiful soft curly black hair that french perfume of geraniums and cloves is," he kisses his fingers, "perfection! She tastes better than anything I've ever made!"

"But why does she want to keep the mystery?" Medusa tilted her head, taking a bite of her cake.

"She said it was for safety reasons and because it's kinda hot sneaking around." Malakai shrugged, "I don't mind as long as I'm with her."

"Well, I hope one day I can meet this mystery woman." Medusa patted his shoulder, "she seems to have quite the effect on you."

"She really does Medusa." Malakai skipped towards the door, "let me let you out!"

"I haven't seen you this happy since you made that macaroon tower that got in the record books." Medusa chucked, leaving the bakery and walked back into the rainy streets of Ardglass. As she continued walking, she felt the presence of someone watching her again.

"Alright!" Medusa turned on her heels, she was getting tired of the feeling of someone's eyes on her, "where are you?!" She pulled out mace from her purse, "I have mace, and I'm not afraid to use it!"

She heard a painful howl coming from the alleyway. Inching towards the source of the sound, Medusa saw a white wolf. It was badly hurt and bleeding from it's right paw

She put the mace away, and accidentally stepped on a soda can, which alerted the wolf of her presence.

It growled, moving away from her, no matter how much it pained its leg to move. "Hey, hey, hey, I'm not gonna hurt you." She pulled out a scarf from her bag, "can I see your leg?"

She reached out for the bleeding leg; he growled and moved back. "I'm trying to help you!" Medusa glared at him, "if you keep walking on that leg, you'll lose more blood, and your wound will get infected!"

The wolf inched towards her, allowing her to inspect its paw. "Thank you," she whispered, wrapping the scarf around the wound, "we need to get you somewhere dry."

Medusa picked up the wolf, her knees buckling at the weight. "Heavy aren't we? You should lay off the meat for a while!" Medusa commented, lugging the wolf through the alley as she attempted to keep the wolf hidden. Soon the pair reached her apartment. She heaved for air, placing the wolf on the welcome mat, "you need to go on a diet!"

Medusa unlocked the door and placed the wolf on the couch, "lick your paw," Medusa commanded, the wolf looked shocked as though it was asking 'who are you bossing around?!' "I know your spit has healing power, it should help it some."

The wolf nodded slightly, licking the wound as it began to heal slowly. Medusa crouched down in front of him, gazing into its royal blue eyes.

"How did you end up in that alley?" Medusa whispered, not expecting an answer from the wolf.

She examined his body for wounds, she opened his mouth. She examined his bloody teeth, "from the pieces of fur in your teeth," Medusa picked it out with teasers, "it looks like you must have been hunting."

She picked out the pieces of glass from his paws. A painful howl emerged from the white wolf, "shh! If people find out you're here, I'm dead!"

A knock on the door made the wolf growl, "now look what you've done! Go to my room now." Medusa pointed to her room. The wolf stood his ground. "Don't make me say it again, room now!" Medusa glared at him.

The wolf growled at her, Medusa growled back. The wolf was taken aback and admitted defeat, walking into her room. She opened the door to see her next door neighbor, Jack, leaning against the doorway. His usual playboy smirk plastered on his face.

"Medusa, how's it hanging?" Jack clicked his tongue, "can I come in?"

"No-"

"Too late, I'm already here." Jack leaped onto the couch, "be a dear and tell me about your day."

"Jack, I'm busy so please go." Medusa pushed him off the couch and towards the door.

However, Jack turned around, pinning her to her bedroom door, "come on, what could you possibly be doing? More of that silly research? Medusa," he shook his head, sighing, "you shouldn't be doing all that thinking, that's why I'm here."

"Okay, 1) I don't need anyone else thinking for me, I can think for myself," she tried to push him off but he wasn't budging, "and 2) I need you to leave!"

Medusa felt his lips on hers, she groaned in disgust, trying to move away from him but his grip was too strong. She could hear pounding on the other side of the door. Not long, the door came crashing down, revealing a very angry white wolf.

Its nails digged into the carpet, its anger fumed in its body. His royal blue eyes turned red. He stalked towards Jack, growling deeply at him. Jack backed up, scooting towards the doorway.

"Wh-What is that?!"

"A werewolf," Medusa smirked, "a very angry werewolf. So I advise you to go away before this angry werewolf attacks."

Medusa slammed the door in Jack's face, laughing alongside the werewolf, "that was a great scare you did, wolfie." Medusa ruffled his fur.

The curtain flowed, allowing the wolf a glimpse at the moon. He ran towards the balcony, howling at the moon.

Howls from the woods could be heard in the distance in response to the white wolf's howl.

"Looks like your buddies miss you." Medusa chuckled, putting on her shawl to cover herself as she walked onto the balcony.

The wolf wagged its tail and howled again, and got even more howls in response.

"Wow, you're mighty popular." Medusa smiled, watching the stars shined, "I don't get why people hate your kind, you're not so bad."

Medusa scratched under his chin, she opened the door. The wolf tilted his head in confusion, "don't you wanna go with your friends?" Medusa questioned.

The wolf stood his ground, shaking his head. He sat in front of the Medusa's room, wagging his tail, "so you're staying here?" Medusa had her hands on her hips, drumming her fingers on it.

The wolf nodded and jumped into the bed, waiting for Medusa to join him. Medusa laughed and laid down next to him, "good night, wolfie."

══•●•══

Medusa woke up the next morning, the smell of bacon and eggs filling her senses. She got up and crept into the kitchen to see a man with dark skin, short black hair that was shaved on the sides and black eyes.

"Goodmorning, Medusa." he greeted. Medusa pulled out a pocket knife, holding it to his neck.

"You have 1 minute to get your things and leave before I call the cops or I slit your throat." Medusa threatened.

"You brought me in, remember Medusa?" he chuckled. Medusa looked down at his leg to see the scarf still wrapped around it.

She backed up in shock, setting the knife down on the table, "wolfie?"

"In the flesh, and it isn't wolfie, it's Barron. Barron Whiteclad" Barron smiled, placing a plate of bacon and eggs on the kitchen table.

"So you're a werewolf?" Medusa looked at the bacon and eggs and back at Barron, who just happened to not have a shirt on. "Do you mind putting a shirt on? I'm trying to eat."

She blushed and stared back down at the food, "wh-when did you shift?"

"This morning, I only stayed in my wolf form when I first came so I wouldn't scare you, but you don't seem scared. Why is that?" Barron asked sincerely, gazing into her eyes as though he was staring into her soul.

"I study wereology, I'm trying to do a research study on them but nobody will fund my research," Medusa ate a spoonful of eggs, "not many people study it because the media makes you all seem like murders."

"But we're not," Barron sighed, poking his eggs with the spoon, "but it seems only you understand that."

"Why didn't you go back to your pack yesterday?" Medusa questioned, her eyes scanning Barron up and down for any hint of danger.

"After that stupid Jack came in I couldn't leave you alone in the same apartment building as him." Barron said so simply.

"I would have been fine defending myself." Medusa pouted, scoffing slightly.

Barron chuckled, "I know, you almost slit my throat."

Medusa stared into his black eyes, she was caught in trance by their deepness and shimmer. She noticed the scar on his left pec, she reached out to touch it but Barron caught her hand.

Medusa was snapped out of her trance, "well, this was fun, but you should get going," Medusa patted his hard chest, her eyes widening, "hehe...wow...someone works out, huh?"

Barron put Medusa's hand on his, moving it away from his pec, "are you passionate about your research?"

"All the way." she replied with determination.

"Then join me," Barron stood up, hope flickering in his eyes, "come back with me to my pack, you can do your research there."

"I need funding though..." Medusa shook her head, pushing the plate of food away from her, "thank you but I'll pass."

Barron went into his back pocket, pulling out a check book, he wrote down a number and handed the check to Medusa.

"Is that enough?" Barron smiled.

Medusa's eyes went wide at the number, "15,000 dollars?!"

Medusa hugged him, tears swelling and soon staining Barron's chest, "tha-thank you!"

Barron smiled and stroked her hair, "you're welcome, Medusa," he lifted her chin, their eyes locking together, "show the world what you already know, show them werewolves aren't dangerous, that were saviors."

~A/N~

Soooo! How was the first chapter of Wereology?! I read over it six times! Six times so ha! Amit95_Singh I made sure there are no mistakes where I put he instead of she or vice versa! As much as I love u being my little grammer checker I am making it more of a habit to go over my chapters more times before posting but as you know I'm most likely gonna let some fall through the cracks my accident lol!.

Anyways! I'm so excited about posting this first chapter! This book has been in the works all through the summer and I finally get to post it!! I'm so excited! Also, were already on 17 reads?! Damn that was quick.

How are you liking Barron and Medusa's characters? What about Malakai? Did you like his character too??

See you on Wednesday! Bye!!!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro