№28|Julio

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

№28|Julio
◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

The entire ride to the restaurant, Barron impatiently tapped his foot. He grumbled inchorently as he kept his eyes peeled on the road ahead of him.

Medusa’s hands cupped his. “You know I’m yours.” She smiled, reading through her notes as her thumb stroked his hands.

“I know…” Barron sighed. “It’s just Wolfie doesn't like the idea of this, especially you going out with this guy, and when Wolfie doesn't like something, he starts talking about how he’s going to kill it. Now he’s just listing all the ways he can mutilate this man.”

Barron rubbed his temple. “Frankly they’re starting to sound like good ideas.”

“Then why are we doing this?! Why are we driving our mate to another man! Have I taught you nothing, Barron?!”  Wolfie scolded, pacing back and forth in Barron's mind.

“Because our mate likes to learn new things.” Barron replied, smiling softly at Medusa. “And we can't stop her from learning new things.”

“But-” Wolfie began.

“I'll be fine, Wolfie.” Medusa assured him as Barron parked the car in front of the restaurant.

Before Medusa could leave the car, Barron caught her wrist. “Promise me this changes nothing, alright?”

“Nothing changes. I'm still yours.” Medusa smiled, placed a soft kiss on his rough lips.

With that, Barron and Medusa left the car. Medusa smiled as she spotted Julio. “Julio! Over here!”

Barron squinted at the man walking over, and he looked strangely familiar. He had golden porcelain ivory skin and gleaming green eyes that shifted towards Barron momentarily before landing on Medusa. He raked his fingers through his light brown hair before shaking Medusa’s hand.

“I must say, it is a pleasure to meet you, Medusa.” Julio kissed her hand, smirking slightly at the wolf behind her.

“Same here.” Medusa smiled. Her snakes, however, couldn’t stop hissing violently at the man.

“I don’t think your snakes feel the same way.” Julio chuckled. He reached out to touch them, but soon jerked back when they began to rattle.

“Babies! Stop that. I told you to play nice.” Medusa scolded, but her snakes weren’t letting up.

The rattling became faster and louder the closer Julio came towards them. Medusa ran her fingers through her hair, trying to calm them down. They never rattle this much… Medusa bit her lip slightly.

“Oh! Julio, this is Barron. He’ll be part of the study as well.” Medusa introduced, pushing Barron forward.

Barron judgingly scanned him up and down with glaring eyes. Something about him looked familiar. It was on the tip of his tongue.

“Nice to meet you.” Julio shook his hand, clutching it slightly.

Barron forced a fake smile. “It’s a pleasure. I’m Barron Whiteclad.”

“Julio.” he introduced back.

“Last name?” Barron asked.

“Not important.” Julio replied a little too quickly.

“You two could be brothers.” Medusa chuckled, grabbing the men’s attention.

“What are you talking about, Medusa? He looks nothing like me.” Barron scoffed slightly, giving Julio a judgemental glare. “Plus he’s a hundred shades lighter than me.”

“So,” Medusa shrugged, “he kinda looks like your father.”

“No, he doesn't.” Barron stated, locking eyes with Julio. Those green eyes do look familiar…

“Whatever you say~” Medusa cooed, following Julio inside. Before entering, she stopped Barron. “This is strictly for research, Barron, so for my data to be correct I need you to sit by the bar and be yourself.”

“And what would ‘being myself’ imply?” Barron smirked slyly.

“Just sit there and be patient. I’m sure you’ll do something when the time is right.” Medusa pat his chest. “Just don’t destroy anything.”

“What?” Barron asked as Medusa winked and walked over to the table with Julio.

She sat down across the table from him and smiled.

“Medusa, I’m sure you had lots of candidates to choose from, and I’m glad you chose me.” Julio cupped her hands in his. “Let me buy you a drink.”

“Thank you.” Medusa smiled, clicking the start button on her stopwatch. “White wine would be nice.”

“Of course.” Julio nodded, ordering the drinks. He watched as the waiter soon returned with a glass of white wine and a scotch on the rocks.

“So what about the study piqued your interest?” Medusa asked, sipping her wine.

“Well, mostly the fact that you resided in Whiteclad pack.” Julio chuckled, his leg rubbing up against Medusa’s.

“Are you friends with the Whiteclads?” Medusa asked, leaning in closer.

“I wouldn’t say friends… more like family.” Julio smirked slyly.

“That’s weird. It was almost like Barron didn’t even know you.” Medusa shrugged.

“He probably doesn't remember me.” Julio placed his glass down. “He’s never been too bright and neither is his mate.”

“Excuse me?” Medusa looked up at him.

“For a woman who has many graduates under her belt, you’d think she’d know that she just drank a bomb.” Julio came in closer, glancing up at Barron.

Medusa spit the wine back into the glass. “W-what?”

“You just drank a bomb. You were so focused on your study and when your little wolf boy was going to explode that you didn’t even notice when I slipped a tiny little flat disked bomb that has already made its way into your stomach.” Julio explained, flicking her chin up.

“You pig.” Medusa snarled. “What’s wrong with you, Julio?”

“Oh, it’s not Julio. It’s Julius – Julius Whiteclad.” He clenched her wrist. “And unless you want to have your guts splattered around the restaurant, walk over to Barron, smile sweetly, and say you’re going to give me a tour of the compound.”

“Leave him out of this…” Medusa whispered. “How much do you want? I’ll pay it… just go away.”

“I don’t want your money,” his eyes flashed a deep black before returning back to green, “I want revenge and the best way to do it is to go through you.” He smiled at Medusa. “Now run along and don’t forget to smile and if he does anything,” he moved his hand, revealing a remote with a single red button, “his little researcher goes boom boom.”

Her snakes hissed at him, rattling severely. “And shut up those snakes too. You wouldn't want them becoming my next pair of boots.”

Medusa growled, walking off towards Barron with a fake smile on her face. “Do you mind if I give Julio a tour of the compound?”

“Sure.” Barron tried to rub her arm, but Medusa backed away.

“L-Let’s go.” Medusa smiled, weathering slightly.

Barron frowned and followed Medusa and Julius – or who Barron thought was Julio – into the car.

Julius rubbed Medusa’s shoulder. “See, that wasn’t so bad now, was it?”

“Get your hands off of me.” Medusa grumbled, her snakes hissing at Julius.

“Watch that mouth of yours if you know what’s good for you.” Julius clenched her arm, his fingers dancing along the button.

Medusa practically ripped open the car door. Barron gave her a confused look. “Everything okay, hun?”

“Right… as… rain…” Medusa replied through clenched teeth.

The entire car ride was silent, which concerned Barron and his wolf until days end.

“Something’s wrong, Barron…” His wolf paced back and forth in his mind.

“Maybe she’s just tired?” Barron shrugged slightly.

“No… no… it’s not that… she seems conflicted… and angry.” Wolfie shook his head. “I don’t like this Barron…”

“I know, I know,” Barron sighed, raking his fingers through his hair, “we’ll talk to her after the tour.”

Pulling up to the compound, Julius left the car, but Barron stopped Medusa before she could leave. “What’s wrong?” Barron whispered.

“I’ll tell you later, alright? Let’s just get the tour done…” Medusa tried her best to hold the smile.

Barron looked up at her snakes. ”Something happened, didn’t it?” He asked the snakes. They nodded. “Why won’t she tell me?”

The snakes looked down at Medusa, as though they were asking for permission to tell him. She quickly shook her head. The snakes laid back, looking away from Barron.

“Medusa,” Barron kissed her hand, “what happened?”

“Don’t get involved, just let me handle it.” Medusa whispered.

“Handle what?” Barron questioned, but before he could get an answer Medusa left the car.

“Barron…” Wolfie’s voice grew more weary.

“I know, I know.” Barron sighed, leaving the car.

The moment Barron walked in, Vanessa pulled him to the side. “Something’s wrong with Medusa.”

“Don’t you think I know that!” Barron scolded.

Vanessa slapped him upside the head. “Don’t get sassy with me! What did mom say?”

“You don’t get sassy with family.” Barron muttered, reciting his mother’s words.

“We have a problem. Cleano started freaking out the moment that guy walked in. Talking about the aura balance being off. Just come on!” Vanessa pulled Barron into Celano’s room to see the nymph tossing and turing.

“Did you find out what’s wrong with her?” Orion asked nervously, crouching down beside Celano. “She keeps muttering about some aura balance.” Orion stroked her hair.

“Nymphs have been able to sense the aura balance in certain areas… something about Julio must have disrupted the balance.” Barron guessed, biting his lip slightly. “But what though…”

“AGH!” Celano shot up in a sweat, looking around at her surroundings. “There’s no balance… there’s none…” Celano shivered.

“Shh… shh…” Orion held her close. “It’s alright…” Orion kissed the top of her head. “What’s wrong?”

“The balance… it’s all gone… that aura… it’s toxic…” Celano muttered, shaking her head. “You need to get that aura out or bad things will happen… flames… there were flames…”

“Flames?” Vanessa questioned.

“Flames… a lot of flames… the pack was burning…” Celano shook her head. “I love this pack too much to let it burn down!”

“Orion, stay here with Celano. Vanessa, you’re with me. I need to talk to Medusa.” Barron walked out of the room with Vanessa in tow.

Meanwhile, Piper and Kirkland walked out of the cafe laughing and smiling.

“So,” Piper’s fingers intertwined with Kirkland’s, “I know we’ve been putting off for a while but…” she swung his hands back and forth, “do you want to try mating again?”

Kirkland stroked her cheek, kissing her nose softly. “You don’t know how long I’ve waited to hear you say-” He looked over her shoulder and lock eyes with Julius.

Kirkland broke under Julius’ gaze, suddenly backing against the wall for support. “I-I-I… I-I um... n-no…” He clutched the side of his head.

“Kirkland, what’s wrong?” Piper asked, softly rested her hand on his bicep.

“Everything is blurring again… that night… agh…!” Kirkland hit his head against the wall, his eyes flashing between brown and red.

“Kirkland, stop!” Piper tried to hold him in place, but Kirkland wouldn’t stay still.

While all the wolves frantically watched and tried to help, Julius couldn’t help but chuckle.

“What are you laughing at? This isn’t funny! What are you doing to him?” Medusa growled.

“Nothing… that’s the funny part!” Julius laughed. “The weakling broke down with one look at me!”

“Stop this! Just tell me what you want and leave.” Medusa scrunched up her fist.

“What I want is revenge, and it’s gonna be a slow burn.” Julius smirked, poking her stomach. “And you’ll play nice or this pack won’t have a Luna.”

“I’d rather die than go along with your plans.” Medusa snarled.

“That can be arranged,” Julius waved the remote in her face. “I wonder how my brother will feel when his precious mate’s guts are splattered all over the place like an ugly Jackson Pollock.”

Medusa gulped, un-scrunching her fist. “Good girl.” Julius patted her head as though she were a dog.

Before Medusa and Julius could continue, Barron caught Medusa’s hand. “I’m sure you’ve shown him enough, Medusa.” Barron smiled softly, rubbing her hands.

Julius winked at Medusa. “You were just about to show me to my room, right?”

Medusa nodded, leading Julius towards his room. He stopped her at the door. “Be up by 5am tomorrow. We have work to do.” He whispered into Medusa's ear.

“We?”

“Yes, we, and make sure your little wolf boy doesn’t see you sneak out.” Julius slapped her ass before slamming the door.

Barron growled, catching Medusa’s wrist as they made a B-line for Barron’s room. Once inside, Barron closed the door, laying Medusa on the bed. “He’s gone. What happened?”

“Nothing, Barron.” Medusa looked away from him. She couldn’t focus. All she could hear was a faint ticking from the bomb inside her stomach.

Tick… tick… tock…

“Medusa, just tell me.” Barron kissed her forehead.

Tick… tick… tock…

“I won’t be mad at you. It wasn’t your fault.” Barron assured her, stroking her hair.

Tick… tick… tock…

“Barron just drop it…” Medusa whimpered.

Tick… tick… tock…

“Can’t you see I’m worried about you?” Barron traced along her necklace. “That necklace is more than just a betrothal gift… it symbolizes my love for you,” his kiss trailed down the side of her face, “my trust in you,” his fingers traced along her scales, “my strength in you.” He rested his head on hers. “Please tell me.”

Tick… tick… tock…

“You won’t hate me… right?” Medusa sat up.

Tick… tick… tock…

“Of course not.” Barron sat across from her.

Tick… tick… tock…

“Barron… there is a bomb in my stomach…” Medusa muttered, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Tick… tick… tock

“If that’s your way of saying you're pregnant then it isn’t funny.” Barron scolded seriously.

“It isn’t… come here.” Medusa pressed his ear up against her stomach.

Tick… tick… tock…

“There’s actually a bomb in your stomach.” Barron eyes widened. “Ho-How is there-”

“When we got drinks… I didn’t notice when he slipped it in…” Medusa sniffled. “I was so focused on my stupid research!”

“Hey, hey, hey,” Barron kissed her cheeks. “Your research isn’t stupid.” Barron walked over to the desk, passing Medusa her notes and opening to page 1.

“Day 1,” Barron began to read, “the first day at the pack and already I’ve gotten more data that I have in years!” Barron nudged Medusa playfully.

He flipped to another page. “Day 170,” he kissed the top of her head, “I was scared of the Full Moon at first… but… being with Barron that night… for once I didn’t think of research, or science, or anything… just… Barron.”

“What are you doing?” Medusa chuckled.

“Shh… just listen.” Barron flipped to the most recent page. “Day 246,” it was the current entry, “no new information. Today isn’t about information though… I woke up this morning to see Barron was teaching some of the pups how to make my favorite breakfast, strawberry waffles, and I think it was then… I knew today was the day I knew he’d be the one I’d want forever.”

“You know your research isn’t stupid, Medusa…” Barron placed soft butterfly kisses along her face. “Now what’s wrong? Other than the bomb in your stomach.”

“Julio isn’t Julio…”

Tick… tick… tock...

“Then who is he?” Barron asked.

Tick… tick… tock…

“Your brother. Julius WhiteClad.”

Boom.

~A/N~

So sorry for the late middle of the night for some update! Today I spent juggling between my google meet calls for school and website like target, best buy, walmart, Amazon, and gamestop for an Xbox Series X.

I really wanna get one for my dad this year cause he's done so much for the fam... But anyways! How was this chapter! Big twist having Julio be Julius right?!

OH OH!! Why do you think Kirkland is having headaches around Julius??

What will Julius do to the pack??

Oh! And another thing! THERES A NEW COVER FOR WEREOLOGY!! TAKE A LOOK!!

Big thanks to Azura_Zephyr who is extremely talented and is has made this beautiful cover for me!! Do check her out she's great!! Also Azura don't worry, imma mention u in the description right now after I publish this.

Anyways! Wish me luck on my journey of finding an xbox at a reasonable price!!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro