№32|Tick... Tick... Tock...

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

№32|Tick… Tick… Tock…
◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

Ayame skipped towards the Alpha quarters, smiling as she carried designs for a new weapon to show the alpha couple. Knocking on the door with a cheery beat, Medusa opened it, seeming out of breath and her hair disheveled.

“Oh thank the gods you're here, Ayame.” Medusa hugged her tightly.

“What’s wrong?” Ayame questioned. Medusa looked up from Ayame’s chest.

“I love Barron, I really do, but lately we’ve been doing it all over the place and my legs can’t take it anymore.” Medusa leaned against the wall, running her fingers through her snakes. “So can you and Lawrence go in there and talk to him while I nap in Chelia’s room?”

“Um… sure.” Ayame smiled, patting the Luna’s shoulder. “Anything for you, Luna.”

“Ayame, please, you’re my friend. Medusa is fine.” She smiled sweetly before rushing towards Chelia’s room.

Ayame quickly contacted Lawrence with her telepathic communication mates shared, and entered the room. Barron walked out of the bathroom, a towel around his wait. “Where are you Luna~” he cooed, rubbing his hair dry with a towel.

“No Luna, just me and Lawrence.” Ayame plopped down on the disheveled bed. “Barron do you have any air freshener? It smells like sex in here.”

Lawrence went into the cabinet and sprayed the room with a light air freshener. It gave the room the smell of a fresh summer field.

“How did you know where that was?” Ayame whispered.

“Before Medusa, Barron was a little playboy, so I always had to go into town to buy air freshener. He insisted on getting the “Moonlight Breeze” one.” Lawrence explained, spraying it on Barron.

He rolled his eyes. “Sue me. I like the smell because... it reminds me of my mom…” he frowned slightly.

“Yeah, the Luna always had a scent that made everyone smile.” Lawrence chuckled, intertwining his fingers with Ayame’s.

“So… Medusa tells me you and her have been doing it a lot. What’s that all about?” Ayame smirked slyly at the alpha. “You trying to get some early pups?”

“No, not yet, it’s just… a part of me loves her so anytime I make love to her is amazing, but a part of me is just worried I might lose her so I’m soaking up every little piece of her before she’s gone.” Barron plopped down in his recliner chair. “And it doesn't help that everytime we rest I hear the ticking…”

“The bomb?” Lawrence muttered loud enough for them to hear.

“Yes,” Barron raked his fingers through his hair, “I just want it out but there’s no way the surgery can happen when Julius is constantly watching us. Not to mention the dragons being here…” Barron buried his face in his hands. “It’s just all so stressful, but when I’m with her… it all goes away.”

Lawrence crouched down beside him. “We’ll get the bomb out, and no dragons are coming anywhere near the Luna.”

“Thanks, Lawrence,” Barron hugged him softly, “I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

“Me either.” Lawrence chuckled.

“Hey!” Barron punched his arm. “I’m not that helpless.”

“Of course not, Barron,” Lawrence ruffled his hair, “just sometimes you’re a little stupid.”

“Hey!” Barron scolded again, punching him playfully once more.

Ayame was about to pitch in her two cents, but Montego came bursting in, “Barron… the Luna… she’s… in pain.”

“What?” Barron sprouted from his seat, his eyes frantically scanning around. “Where is she?”

“In my room-” before Montego could finish, Barron rushed to Montego’s room to see Medusa groaning on the couch, holding her stomach tightly.

“It hurts…” Medusa gasped, holding her stomach as she curled up into a ball.

“Medusa, what’s wrong?” Barron crouched down beside her, stroking her hair.

“Hurts…” Medusa replied. Barron moved her hand to reveal her stomach was bruised.

“I’ve tried to hold it off for as long as my magic could let me, but the bomb is getting too strong.” Farrah warned. Barron turned back towards Medusa.

“How long has it been hurting?” Barron wiped her tears off her soft cheeks.

“A week now.” Medusa groaned loudly, turning to her other side. “Barron just cut it out of me…”

“Why didn’t you tell me you were hurting?” Barron whispered, kissing the top of her stomach, hoping to ease the pain like he did with her headaches months before.

“I didn’t… want you… to worry.” Medusa smiled weakly at her boyfriend.

“Honey, I’m an alpha. Worrying comes with the job.” Barron chuckled, dabbing the sweat off Medusa’s forehead.

“Well I should be… one less person… you have to… worry about.” Medusa coughed hard, blood and spit splattering onto her hand.

Barron’s eyes clouded in worry. “How long has she been coughing up blood?”

“That’s new…” Medusa groaned, trying to sit up but fell back down onto the bed.

Chelia scanned her stomach. “The radiation from the bomb is hurting her organs. We need to get her to Dr. Lycia now!”

With that, Barron scooped up Medusa and darted towards the doctor’s office. “Dr. Lycia! Dr. Lycia!!” Barron called out. He chuckled to himself at the irony of his position. He remembered when Medusa got her first headache, how he rushed her to Dr. Lycia’s office in a similar style.

Coming to a quick halt in front of her office, he kicked down the door to see Dr. Lycia talking to a male and female doctor.

“Doctor! Doctor!” Barron’s eyes flooded with worry. “Doctor you gotta help her! She’s coughing up blood, her stomach is swollen and hurts, and she can’t move a muscle without groaning.”

“Barron… Barron…” Dr. Lycia tried to get a word in, but Barron’s worried stammering wouldn’t let her. “BARRON!” Dr. Lycia yelled, getting the alpha’s attention.

“Yes?”

“I need you to breathe.” Dr. Lycia rubbed his shoulders. “This is Dr. Felicity and Dr. Simonson.”

“I don’t care who you are!” Barron breath began to quicken. “I need you to help her!”

“Barron, remember those two surgeons I told you about?” Dr. Lycia watched as the Alpha calmed down greatly. “They’re going to help me with Medusa.”

Barron growled at the two doctors. Dr. Lycia slapped him upside the head. “Stop that! They’re here to help!”

“Fine… what are you going to do?” Barron asked, placing Medusa down on the hospital bed.

As Barron walked over to grab a chair, Medusa clenched his wrist. “Don’t... go…”

“I was just getting a chair.” Barron whispered, crouching down beside her.

“That… would entail… leaving…” she coughed hard once more, shooting up slightly before slowly coming back down, “and you… can’t leave… your Luna demands… it.”

Barron chuckled and kissed her forehead. “Your wish is my command, Luna.”

“So it’s a simple procedure,” Dr. Simonson jumped down from the countertop, “all we’re going to do is put Medusa under anesthesia and knock her up with a shit ton of medicine to make sure she won't feel any pain during the procedure. Then, we’ll cut into-”

“What?!” Barron’s eyes flashed a cobalt blue in anger, growling deeply at him. “I’ll be damned if you cut into my Medusa.”

“Barron,” Dr. Lycia glared at him, “he’s trying to help – we all are.”

Barron backed off, holding onto Medusa’s hand tightly. “Okay… sorry… please continue.”

“As my colleague was saying,” Dr. Felicity began, “we’re going to cut into Medusa’s stomach and retrieve the bomb.” She patted Barron’s back. “Imagine a human size version of the Operation game.”

Barron’s laughter filled the room before returning back to his worried state. “She’ll be okay… right?” He looked up at Dr. Lycia, his eyes flooding with worry once more.

“Yes.” Dr. Lycia smiled down at him. “However, the surgery does take 8 hours...”

“8 HOURS?!” Barron screeched.

“Yes, 8 hours,” Dr. Simonson repeated, holding his ears, “and unfortunately you can’t be in the room.”

“No… Barron… needs to… stay…” Medusa protested.

“I know you want him to stay, Luna, but he can’t.” Dr. Felicity stroked her hair. “I promise you, these 8 hours will fly by.”

“For her maybe…” Barron muttered, “she’s gonna be asleep…”

“They’ll fly by for you, too.” Dr. Lycia smiled. “Just have your friends by your side and it’ll be okay.”

Barron nodded and kissed Medusa’s hand. “Enjoy your nap, Luna.” He smiled softly at her, tucking a strand of her green hair behind her ear. “I’m sure you need it after the nights we’ve had.”

“Fucking…” Dr. Simonson place the oxygen mask over Medusa’s mouth, “perv…” with the mask on she sounded like Darth Vader.

“Oh I’m the pervert?” Barron smirked, leaning in to kiss the mask. “At least I don’t sound like Darth Vader.”

“Screw… you…” Medusa chuckled softly.

“I gotta say, you’d look hot as Darth Vader.” Barron winked slyly at his mate. “We should try that sometime.”

“That’s if… you ever… let me… be dominant…” Medusa shot back, smirking as well.

“I let you be dominant.” Barron chuckled, kissing her hand.

“Rarely.” Medusa muttered.

“Okay, how about this... if you survive the surgery, you can be dominant for a month.” Barron wagered. Medusa nodded, clenching his hand.

“You’re on…” Medusa smirked, pulling him down by the collar, “you better… be ready… for the punishment… I give you,” she leaned in to whisper, “it’s time you learn… who your Luna is…”

“Can't wait.” Barron smirked, kissing the mask.

“Barron,” Dr. Lycia’s got his attention, “it’s time.”

Barron nodded, kissing her hand. “Sweet dreams, my beautiful Luna.”

“You’ll be… right outside…” Dr. Simonson turned on the anestiha, a pink gas filling Medusa’s mask and soon her lungs, “...right?”

“Yes,” Barron nuzzled his nose against the mask, “right outside the door. Now rest, my Luna. Just relax and sleep.”

“Okay… I love you… Barron.” Medusa smiled softly, her eyes slowly closing.

Barron smiled at his sleeping Luna. “Goodnight, my love.” He turned towards the doctors, rage looming in his eyes. “Mess up this surgery and I won't hesitate to kill all three of you. Got that?” Barron snarled, a dark aura filling the room.

“Y-Yes, Al-Alpha!” The 3 doctors stammered, holding onto each other in fear of the Alpha’s rage.

“Good,” Barron smiled sweetly, walking out the room, “please… save her.”

“We will.” Dr. Lycia nodded, patting Barron’s back and she showing him out of the room. “Make sure you have someone guarding the room. Kwame said she smelled Julius and his dragons coming back and forth earlier today.”

Barron spotted Benedict and Orion down the hall. “Benedict, Orion,” getting the two’s attention. The two wolves walked towards him, “stand by the door. Medusa’s having surgery and I don’t want Julius and his Dragon crew here. Got that?”

“Yes sir!” Orion and Benedict saluted him.

Barron laughed, patting the two boys shoulders. “You two always make me proud.”

A feeling of pride filled the two boy’s bodies as they smiled up at the alpha. “Thanks, alpha.”

“Of course,” Barron sat down on the hallway couch, and Lawrence plopping down beside him. “You know when Ayame had a surgery I stayed in my wolf form the entire time. I kept scratching at the door. Dr. Lycia said that she had to get a new door and everything.”

“I remember that,” Barron laughed, punching Lawrence playfully, “you wouldn’t calm down and we had to give you anxiety meds.”

“Yeah…” Lawrence laughed nervously, “but she’s okay now, and we couldn’t be better,” he pulled Ayame into his lap, “although… if her family just so happens to wind up without their heads… then it would be perfect.”

“Lawrence! I know you hate them. I do too, sometimes, but we can’t kill them.” Ayame patted his chest. “Don't worry... you still got me.”

“Yeah,” Lawrence pulled her in close, “I still got you.”

Montego watched as the Alpha bounced his leg anxiously as the hours passed. “Alpha, please try to calm down.” Montego nuzzled his face into Chelia’s mark. “Medusa’s a strong luna.”

“I know she is, Montego, but they’re cutting into her like she’s some piece of ham!” Baron flung his arms in the air, beginning to pace back and forth.

Vanessa patted Malakai’s chest, cocking her head towards her brother, encouraging him to help. “Oh!” Malakai nodded, pulling out a tupperware with cream puffs inside. He opened it and passed on to Barron. “Barron, eat. It’s been 4 hours since the surgery started, and you didn’t eat breakfast.”

“What is that?” Barron sniffed it, licking the cream that seeped out of the puff.

“A creampuff.” Malakai replied. “Just eat... it’ll help with the nerves.”

“Okay,” Barron bit into the cremepuff, his eyes sparkled at the creamy strawberry taste. “This is amazing, Malakai!”

“Feeling better?” Malakai chuckled. Barron nodded greatly.

“Can you make some more when Medusa wakes up?” Barron asked eagerly.

“Sure,” Malakai smiled, handing him the tupperware, “they’re laced with an anti-anxiety spell so it helps with nerves.”

“That’s amazing, Malakai. You’re really talented,” Barron winked at his sister, “no wonder my sister loves you... she’s obsessed with sweets.”

“No… that’s not the only reason, right love?” Malakai turned towards his girlfriend to see her stuffing her mouth with caramel truffles. “Um… love?”

“Hehe… sorry.” Vanessa chuckled nervously.

“Oh… I wasn’t doing anything!” Vanessa muttered through her food ridden mouth.

“It’s alright, love. I know you’d be worried about Barron and Medusa so I laced anti-anxiety spells into your truffles.” Malakai tapped her nose. “Not as strong as Barron’s puffs, though.”

“You know me so well~” Vanessa purred, smiling softly at him.

“Of course,” Malakai placed a small kiss on her lips, “I’m your mate, aren’t it? Shouldn’t I know what you love?”

Vanessa chuckled, sitting in Malakai’s lap as he played with her hair. Suddenly he began growling as Julius walked over to them.

“Hello, servants.” Julius greeted, flashing his signature smirk.

“Hello, asshole.” Alistair hissed back.

“Watch it, hunter. I know a perfect little military base in Russia that I can send your little ‘shona’ to,” he winked at Yvette, “I hope you like being worked down to your last bone cause that’s what will happen if your man doesn't shut up.”

Yvette snarled at the self-proclaimed Alpha. “Touch me or my mate and I’ll show you how much this Russian girl can fight.”

“Ooh, feisty.” Julius poked her cheeks. “Didn’t know you were into that, Alistair.”

Alistair slapped his hand away. “Don’t you dare touch her.”

“Awe, you’re both equally feisty. How cute.” Julius rolled his eyes, turning towards Barron, Lawrence, and Malakai.

“You three,” he pointed to the men, “you’re coming with me to a meeting.”

Barron scoffed, standing up and folding up arms over his chest. “As if. I’m not leaving right now, especially when Medusa’s having-” Lawrence elbowed him in the gut before he could continue.

“Having what?” Julius raised his eyebrows in suspicion.

“She’s been having female troubles lately. Her period blood flow-” Vanessa began, soon getting cut off by Julius.

“Ew! Ew! Just flipping ew! I do not need to know what the hell happens down there every month!” Julius scolded, groaning in disgust.

“You asked.” Chelia shrugged. “It isn’t our fault we have a period every month.”

“Will you stop saying that?!” Julius growled at her. Chelia stuck her tongue out at him.

“You’re such a child, Julius. I don’t know how you think you can be alpha.” Barron sighed, shaking his head.

“Last time I check I’m older than you,” he flicked his younger brother’s forehead, “beta~”

“Stop calling me that.” Barron growled. “You know I’m the rightful alpha.”

“Not according to the Werewolf Council.” Julius cooed, waving the paper in front of his brother's face. “According to them I’m alpha, so be a good Beta and step in line.”

Barron clenched onto his brother’s fingers, breaking them in his hand. “You won't be Alpha for much longer. I will be alpha again… that’s a promise.”

Once Barron finally let go of his brother’s fingers, he shook out his hand, hoping to relieve the pain. “Just meet me outside in 15 minutes. I don’t like to be late.” Was all Julius said before walking away.

◥✥◤

“Where is she?” Salvador paced back and forth in his room. “She should’ve been here by now. The letter said she was going to arrive today at 7:30pm, it’s almost 10:30!”

“Sal, just calm down.” Kalypso chuckled, smiling widely when Rufus entered the room.

He made his way towards Kalypso, kissing her hand. “Did you sleep well last night, my beautiful witch?”

“Ye-Yeah.” Kalypso blushed. For the first time, Salvador didn’t show up… instead, Rufus came into her dreams and protected her.

After the protection was done, the two laid in the summer forest for hours talking about themselves and life. She learned that Rufus came from a large family and had 3 brothers and 2 sisters... him being the oldest.

His mother was an alcoholic, so it was just his father raising all 6 of them on his own, with the help of Rufus and his uncles, of course. Even so… his father never showed his sadness in front of the children. Even though the children knew how sad he was, he would never admit it. He always wanted to make sure his kids saw him as the happy man he was on the outside.

But Rufus knew better. He knew that the day his mother left he was heartbroken. Although his mother, Helena, was a ruthless drunk that would abuse his father, Vulcan, he still loved her for some reason. It was toxic – oh so very toxic – but after 17 long years of being in that relationship, Helena left.

That’s when Belladonna came into his father’s life.

Belladonna was a travelling nurse that came to the village one day after a nasty sickness almost wiped out the village. When Vulcan became sick, Belladonna and Vulcan’s children stayed by his bedside. Over the next few months Vulcan was sick, Belladonna and Vulcan began to fall in love with each other.

Rufus said that the love Bella and Vulcan shared reminded him of himself and Kalypso. He probably didn’t know the affect his words had on her heart… but she definitely knew. Not only did Vulcan find love while he was ill, Rufus began the head of the family. Taking on two jobs to make sure his brothers and sisters always had fresh food and clothes. Not to mention staying up late to help his siblings with homework.

Kalypso never knew she could feel so close to a person in such a little time, but Rufus… anytime he was in the room she felt like cheering and spinning.

“Kali! Hello!” Rufus waved his hand in front of her face.

“What?” Kalypso asked, blinking quickly as she snapped out of her thoughts.

“I was wondering if you would allow me to protect you again tonight.” Rufus requested, smiling softly at her as he placed another flower in her hair.

“Of course!” She replied eagerly, her eyes lighting up with joy.

Salvador smirked at the two as they began to flirt, and suddenly, a jolt of pain bursted in his back, sending him screaming as he fell to the floor.

“AGH!” He yelled, the feeling of a whip striking across his back, burning through his body.

“AGH! Please! I’m sorry! It won't happen again!”  A feminine voice rang through his head. He clenched the side of his head.

“Get out!” Salvador growled, gripping strands of his hair in his fist.

“Please! Just stop it!” The voice yelled once more, the smell of tears as well as the scent of angelic and myrrh filling his senses. It smelled so familiar, yet Salvador couldn't put his finger on it.

“What’s happening?!” Salvador arched his back as yet another whip lashed onto it. “ARGH!!!”

“Where’s Dr. Lycia?” Kalypso questioned.

“I think she’s doing surgery on Medusa, as is Dr. Simonson and Dr. Felicity.” Rufus responded.

“Alright, then I’ll have to heal him enough to hold off until Dr. Lycia is done with the surgery.” Kalypso kneeled down beside him, a soft green glow surrounding her hands as she began to heal Salvador.

She stroked his hair, sighing softly. “What’s happening to you, Sal?”

~A/N~

Don't u love just learning about more characters? So what did you think of Rufus past?

Oh and we can't forgot about Medusa stomach! Talk about a stomachache from hell!! Yikes!

So where do u think Julius is take Malakai, Barron, and Lawrence? What do you think the meeting is about??

Oh! Quick notice! So when Wereology is done it might take a while for the next villian book to come out due to the fact I'm deciding which on to publish next.

I'm stuck between Maleficent, Facilier, and The Queen of Hearts. Hopefully I can decide by the beginning of the third arc. Yes there will be a third arc of Wereology!!

See u on Friday lovelies!!!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro