№34|Stupid Dragons

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

№34|Stupid Dragons
◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

The next morning, Delilah woke up in Salvador’s strong arms. Smiling softly, she couldn’t believe she was home in his arms. The smell of his cedar and pinewood filled her senses.

Turning towards Salvador, she felt him shifting in the bed, moving to rest his head in the cavity of her chest. “Mine.” He muttered, wrapping his arms around his waist.

Delilah chuckled, kissing the top of his head, “yes, I’m all yours.”

Salvador yawned as he awoke to see Delilah’s smiling face. “So it wasn’t a dream... you’re really here.”

“Yes, and this time I’m not leaving, Sal.” Delilah lifted his head from her chest. “This time Fernando won't get in the way of us.”

“Good,” Salvador kissed her nose, “I don’t care what he says; you’re mine.”

“All those years with Fernando, all I could think about was you, Salvador…” Delilah whimpered. “Every time me and Fernando were together intimately… I couldn’t help but picture you towering over me instead of him.”

Her cheeks stained pink. “I kept holding off our mating because I’d know I’d see you again… I never wanted his mark… only yours.”

Salvador stroked her cheek, placing a small kiss on her lips. “When I let you walk down the aisle to him… I felt like my heart was walking down the aisle to another man… I felt like I was losing you.”

Delilah cupped his face. “You’re never gonna lose me. Okay?”

“Okay.” Salvador whispered, kissing her nose. “The next time you walk down the aisle, it’s gonna be to me. Got it?”

Delilah chuckled. “Okay.” 

◥✥◤

Dalaja sat at the vanity desk, brushing her silky brown hair when she heard a knock at the door. “Coming, Valentin!” She cheered, skipping towards the door. She opened it to reveal her mother standing beside a slim man with sable toned skin and crystal blue eyes.

“Dalaja, this is Quinn Harrington. He’s soon to be Alpha of the Harrington pack in India.” Chaaya introduced, pushing him towards Dalaja.

Dalaja scanned him up and down. “Valentin is better…” She groaned inwardly at his cocky smirk. “Way better.”

“Why is your mother introducing these garbage men? Where’s our mate?”  Her wolf scoffed in disgust.

Dalaja looked around from Valentin. “Mother, have you seen Valentin?”

“Dalaja, forget about Valentin. I brought you a soon to be alpha, and the least you can do is greet him.” Chaaya said, glaring slightly at her daughter.

Dalaja sighed, rolling her eyes as she extended her hand. “Hi, I’m Dalaja.” She greeted duly.

“Nice to meet you, Dalaja. Do you mind if I call you Dala?” He requested.

“Please don't.” Dalaja glared at him, retracting her hand.

“Okay then…” Quinn muttered.

“Quinn, why don’t you take Dalaja out for lunch?” Chaaya suggested.

“Actually, I have to go meet my mat-” Quinn began, soon stopping at Chaaya’s hard glare. “I-I’d be happy to.” He chuckled nervously.

“Great!” Chaaya pushed Dalaja out of the room. “Well, I’ll leave you two alone. I bet you want to get to know each other more.” She winked slyly, walking away from the two.

“So…” Dalaja and Quinn began to walk towards the mess hall, “how much did my mother pay you to be here?”

“She didn’t pay me anything.” Quinn denied.

Dalaja rolled her eyes. “What’s the number?”

“1,000…” Quinn frowned as the two sat down at the bar, “I didn’t accept the money though… so your mother threatened to kill my mate unless I came.”

“Isn’t your mate mad that you’re on a date with another girl?” Dalaja questioned.

“Yes, but I explained to her it was for her own safety,” he sweat dropped, “she’s still gonna be pissed though, so I’m gonna get scolded when I get home.”

Dalaja laughed. “I imagine so.”

“Do you have a mate?” Quinn asked, watching as Dalaja’s cheeks flushed a bright red.

“U-Um… I woul-wouldn’t think o-of Valentin as m-my mate…” Dalaja stammered, twirling stands of her brown hair.

Quinn chuckled, taking a sip of his drink, “I know we just met, Dalaja, but I’m gonna offer you some advice,” he smiled up at her, “if you like – maybe even love – this Valentin, then go to him.”

“It’s not just that simple, Quinn,” Dalaja sighed deeply, “Valentin just makes me feel alive! He makes me want to run and jump and shout from the rooftops that I love him.”

“Then just tell him that.” Quinn said, shrugging as though it was no big deal.

“Tell who what?” Valentin asked, approaching the pair.

“Va-Valentin!” Dalaja shrieked, her cheeks growing even more red. “How much did you hear?!”

“Not a lot, just something about someone telling someone something.” Valentin draped his arm over his shoulder. “What’s got you frazzled, little one?”

“Fra-Frazzled?!” Dalaja practically jumped out of the stool. “N-nobody’s frazzled he-here!”

“Little one, calm down.” Valentin chuckled, stroking her cheek. “It’s just me and you.”

“I’m here too.” Quinn said, getting Valentin’s attention.

“And you are?” Valentin asked smugly, glaring at Quinn.

“Quinn. Her mother forced me to go on a date with her…” Quinn sighed. “She’s one crazy woman.”

“No kidding.” Valentin muttered, shooing him away. “You can go now. I’m here, so she’ll be okay.”

Quinn chuckled, rising from his seat. He patted Valentin’s shoulder. “She really like you but is too scared to admit it.”

“I know,” Valentin winked, “I have to take my time with my little one, but I know she’ll open up eventually.”

With a final laugh, Quinn walked off, leaving Valentin and Dalaja alone.

“Little one,” he sat across from her, “I wanna show you something.” His hand  went into his back pocket, pulling out a bracelet with the words Little One engraved on it.

“It’s beautiful…” Dalaja smiled, slipping on the bracelet. “I-I-I’m sorry, I didn’t get you anything…”

“No worries, Little One, I don’t want anything in return.” Valentin tapped her nose. “So, I heard there’s a carnival in Fleshie Town, I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?”

“Of course, Valentin!” Dalaja tackled him in a hug. “I’ve wanted to see the Fleshie Town since I got here.”

Valentin smiled, inhaling her intoxicating scent. “One day, little one,” he lifted up her chin, “I’m gonna show you the world.”

◥✥◤

Ayame and Lawrence sat in the courtyard, watching as the dragons convened with each other. Ayame placed her hand on top of Lawrence. “Are you okay, Lawrence?”

“Yes,” Lawrence turned his glaring eyes away from the dragons and towards Ayame, his glare receding, “it’s just that emo dragon keeps glaring at me funny.”

“You think everyone looks at you funny.” Ayame rolled her eyes. “I know us wolves hate dragons, but I doubt he’s looking at you funny.”

The dark haired dragon shot Lawrence a smug look, growling at him slightly.

Ayame tilted her head. “He looks familiar…”

“You two met before?” Lawrence questioned.

“I can’t remember…” Ayame muttered as the dark haired dragon walked towards them.

“Hello, Ayame, pleasure to see you again.” He greeted, glaring at her and Lawrence.

Ayame’s eyes widened. “Oh no…” she looked down, scrunching her fist, “hey, Xavier…”

Xavier was a slim young man of average height with rather messy black hair, which almost reached down to his shoulders, along with some strands pointing upwards on top of his head and a prominent tuft obscuring most of his forehead. 

He wore a light-colored leopard-patterned kimono that only covered the right half of his torso. Beneath he wore armor that was light in the chest, but dark everywhere else; the neck of the armor coiled around his own and fastened there appropriately. His left arm was left uncovered at the shoulder, exposing his dragon scales.

“So you two do know each other?” Lawrence squinted slightly.

“Actually, I know a lot about my ex girlfriend.” Xavier smirked slyly.

“Your what?” Lawrence’s voice grew deep and cold.

“My ex,” he turned towards Ayame, winking at her, “you didn’t think you were the first to bed her did you?”

Lawrence clenched the rim of the table. “What?”

“Xavier, shut up, now.” Ayame ordered.

“Yeah, no.” Xavier’s smirk only grew. “Me and Ayame dated when she came to the Dragon Islands for a trade deal.”

“Wait a minute,” Lawrence turned towards Ayame, “we were still dating when you went to Dragon Islands.” He rose from his seat. “Did you cheat on me?!”

“Lawrence, just calm down, let me explain-”

“Did you cheat on me?” He asked again.

“Lawrence, it’s complicated... just let me explain.” Ayame tried to continue, but got cut off by Lawrence.

“Did you or did you not cheat on me?!” Lawrence slammed his hands down on the table.

“Yes! Yes, Lawrence I did!” Ayame slammed her hands down as well. “But we just had a big fight right before I left and I was looking for a way to get back at you but Lawrence,” she cupped his hands in hers, “you know I would never hurt you.”

“But you did, Ayame!” He pulled away from her. “I-I-I just need to go…”

With that, Lawrence walked off. Ayame stomped off towards Xavier, hitting his chest repeatedly. “I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!” Tears streamed down her cheeks. “You ruin everything you touch! I wish I never slept with you – I wish I never dated you – I wish I never met you!! I wish you were never born!!!”

Xavier cupped her fist. “To be fair, Ayame, you brought this on yourself.”

“You jerk!!” Ayame punched him square in the face. “You’ll pay for this, I swear!!”

Ayame’s tears flowed in the wind as she ran off to find her mate.

Lawrence, please, I’m sorry!!

◥✥◤

Meanwhile, Chelia and Giselle worked in the potions room, chatting over meaningless topics.

“I can’t believe you and Montego haven’t talked about family yet.” Giselle poured in a cup of nymph spit into the mini cauldron. “I know me and Olly have been talking about it for months now!”

“I love Montego and all, but sometimes I feel like he’s too innocent to be a father… I’m worried he can’t handle the responsibility.” Chelia sighed, mixing in dragon scales.

“Come on, I know Montego’s innocent and all but fatherhood changes a person.” Giselle smiled softly, drumming her fingers on her stomach.

“Giselle Godfello! Don’t tell me!” She gasped in shock.

Giselle nodded, jumping up and down. “I found out this morning! I haven’t told Olly yet so shh!”

“Ohh, that’s amazing!” Chelia hugged her friend tightly, but not too tight in fear of crushing the baby.

“What are you thinking of naming the little one?” Chelia asked, patting her best friend’s stomach.

“I was thinking Damien if it’s a boy, and Violet if it’s a girl.” Giselle said, pouring in angel feathers into the mix.

A knock on the door made the two fairies look up to see two men standing there.

“I’m Callihan,” the first spoke, pointing to his brother, “and this is my twin brother, Umber.”

Callihan was a slim, yet muscular, toned young man of average height with spiky blond hair, which was kept in strands jutting outwards in every direction, and a smaller, frontal cowlick (or tuft) of hair partially hanging over his forehead. He had slanted, slit pupiled, dark blue eyes; above the right one is a thin, diagonal scar.

He wore a dark blue, gold trimmed jacket, as well as a black, high-collared piece of what appeared to be armor underneath, exposing, yet again, his abdominals. With this, Callihan wore light-gray colored pants with fang-like designs on the side; he accessorized his outfit with two different belts: one around his waist and one below that that holds a feather boa.

Callihan waltz towards Chelia. “I was wondering if one of you lovely fairies could make us a potion or two?”

“Oh,” Chelia moved away from him, “a potion you say?”

“Yes,” Viktor leaned over the table, his fingers trailing up Giselle’s arms, “a love potion to be more precise.”

Viktor was a lean, muscular young man of average height with a slightly tan skin tone, black eyes, spiky pink-colored hair, and had abnormal sharp canines; he had a scar on the right side of his neck, hidden by his scarf.

He wore a sleeveless, gold trimmed, black waistcoat, often left open and untucked, exposing his bare chest, and a gold trimmed, black cloth around his waist that reached his knees, held by a leather brown belt with an oval-shaped silver buckle. He had white knee-length trousers with black ribbon ties, a thick black wristband on his left wrist, black open-toed sandals, and a scale-patterned scarf.

“Trying to impress a lucky lady?” Giselle questioned, pulling out a cauldron.

“I’m trying to impress the fairy in front of me.” Viktor winked slyly, his hands trailing up further.

“As flattered as I am,” Giselle backed away, “I’m mated and in a happy relationship with the Campbell Pack Alpha.”

“That doesn’t matter,” Callihan stroked Chelia’s cheek, “I can promise you I’m a way better that your mate.”

“Montego is perfect for me, thank you.” Chelia slapped his hand away.

“That Head Delta?” Callihan scoffed. “He isn’t all that special.”

“He’s the love of my life, so please don’t badmouth my mate unless you want to taste the band end of my wand.” Chelia threatened, pulling out her wand to point it under Callihan’s neck.

“Ooh, feisty girls, I like that in a woman.” Viktor winked, coming in close to plant a kiss on her soft lips.

“Don't touch me, you pig!” She slapped Viktor hard. “Did I give you my consent?”

“Consent is overrated.” Callihan scoffed, coming up behind Chelia and gripping her wrist to the table so she couldn't move. He ran his fingers down her neck before kissing along it. “My my… you do have soft skin.”

Chelia squirmed under his grip. “Get off of me!! MON-” but before she could yell his name, Callihan covered her mouth.

“Don't you dare scream,” he growled into her ear, making Chelia stand still. He turned her towards Giselle to see Viktor holding a knife to her stomach, “here’s what you're going to do. You’re gonna stand here, completely still and silent, while I have a little fun with you. Afterwards, you’re going to come with me and Viktor on a little drive up Candyland to help Julius recreate the Fury Virus.”

“Yo-You mon-monster!” Chelia’s voice was muffled through his hand.

Callihan clenched her wings. “What did I say about talking?”

“No-Not to…” Chelia whimpered.

“Good fairy.” Callihan taunted, kissing along her neck. “No wonder that Delta marked you… you taste delicious~”

Meanwhile, outside Lawrence and Montego were fighting rather hard, making it hard for Montego to catch up.

“Lawrence… calm down.” The golden sable delta heaved heavily as he barely dodged Lawrence’s attacks. “What’s gotten into you?”

“Nothing. Why can’t you put up a fight, dumbass!” Lawrence scolded, tackling Montego to the ground as the dark brown beta clawed at him.

As hard as Montego tried to block and push him off it was no use, Lawrence’s anger made his power go up 2 fold. Lawrence backed off the delta, watching as the golden sable wolf turned into a quivering mess of a wolf.

“Get up!” Lawrence snarled, digging his claws into the earth below his paws.

Montego whimpered, shaking his head.

“I said get up!” Lawrence shouted, darting towards Montego. The delta shut his eyes, waiting for the enviable pain that would come from Lawrence’s strong attacks.

“Lawrence!” The white alpha stood in front of Montego, protecting the delta. “Back off!!”

Lawrence snapped at the alpha, growling at him as he raked his claws through the dirt. “Move, Barron! I’m not finished with him.”

“Well I say you are! Now back off! Look at him!” Barron moved to allow Lawrence to see Montego shivering behind the alpha. “He’s a mess! Why are you doing this? Montego is one of your closest friends!”

“Don’t care. Just move.” Lawrence demanded.

“Just relax so we can talk.” Barron slowly walked towards Lawrence. “What happened?”

“None of your damn business!” Lawrence snapped, looking away from him.

“Beta! You would tell me what’s wrong, now!” The alpha demanded, standing his ground.

Lawrence, knowing he couldn’t defy his alpha’s orders, sighed, laying down on the ground and burying his head in his arms. “Ayame cheated on me…”

Barron shifted back into his human form, stroking the dark brown fur of the beta. “She finally told you about the Dragon Islands?”

“You knew?” Lawrence questioned, glancing up at the alpha.

“Yes, and did you listen to her explanation?” Barron asked, glaring at Lawrence slightly.

“No. He ran off in anger before I could explain.” Ayame muttered, walking towards the beta, sitting next to him.

“I was with Xavier for a day.” She began, stroking his brown fur. “We did it twice, and yes he did take my virginity-” she stopped at Lawrence deep growl.

“Mine…” He curled up in her lap, purring at her touch.

“All yours,” she smiled as she continued, “during that day, I thought about us… about the future… that when I decided that you were the one I want Lawrence, only you.”

“Only me?” Lawrence said, glancing up at his mate.

“Only you.” Ayame repeated, kissing the top of his head.

Lawrence turned towards Montego, walking over to him to nudge him with his muzzle, waking up the delta. “I’m sorry…”

“It’s alright-”

“No, it’s not alright. Montego,” Lawrence sighed, sifting back into his human form, sitting beside the delta, “I shouldn’t have done this to you… it’s just… my anger took over.”

Montego stood on shaky legs, smiling softly at Lawrence as he licked his cheek, purring as he rubbed his face against Lawrence's.

“MONTEGO!!” Chelia's voice rang through his head.

“Chelia…” he muttered, even in his weakened state, Montego rushed towards the potions room to see the horrific scene. With one swift move, Montego tackled Callihan to the ground. “Back off!!” He growled deeply, his eyes flashing a bright yellow. “She’s mine! And Giselle is Olly’s so back the fuck off!!”

“You can’t tell me to do – AGH!!” Callihan was cut off by Montego’s claws digging into his chest.

“Shut up and listen!!” Montego snarled, leaning in close. “That fairy over there, the one you were feeling up, is my mate. Let me say that again she MY mate,” his claws clenched his heart, making Callihan cough up blood, “so come near her or Giselle and I’ll make sure this organ in my paw is shredded into a million little pieces.” He turned towards Viktor. “That goes for you too!! Got that?!”

The two dragons gulped in fear of the delta, quickly nodding. “Now leave!!” Montego roared.

With that, the two dragons scurried out of the room. Chelia ran into Montego, wrapping her arms around the golden fur of the delta. “Wh-What happened to you?”

“Never mind me!” Montego quickly licked over the scrapes and bruises, hoping to share the werewolf gift of hyper healing to his mate. “How are you? How much did they touch you? I swear I’ll kill them if they touched your inta-”

Chelia sobbed into his fur. “It was just over the shirt but it felt like they touched my soul…” she clenched her fist, collecting tufts of his fur into her fist, “I’m so glad you got the message when you did…”

“I should’ve gotten here sooner…” Montego whimpered, licking her cheeks, “I’m sorry… truly Chelia, I’m sorry…”

“Don’t apologize. you got here as fast as you could.” Giselle croaked, wiping the tears from her eyes to see a shocked Olly standing at the doorway.

He quickly rushed to Giselle’s side, kissing along her cheeks and face. “Where are they?! I’ll kill ‘em! I promise they won't live to see tomorrow, my luna.”

“Honey, it’s alright. Montego scared them off.” Giselle assured him.

Olly glanced towards Montego. “You did? I assumed you were the one who did this to her.”

“No, you idiot, it was those stupid dragons!” Montego growled, curling up in Chelia’s lap.

“God damn Julius, why would he invite Dragons in the first place?” Olly muttered, placing Giselle on his lap as he continued to place butterfly kisses along her body.

“I don’t know,” Barron said, entering the room, “but I intend to find out.”

~A/N~

That's right ppl!! I'm updating at a normal time! Not 9pm. Not no 10pm. Regular old 4:07pm!! Well, at least where I'm at that is LMAO.

Anyways!! So what did y'all think of the chapter? Are Dalaja and Valentin so cute?

Also, I swear I wanna punch Viktor and Callihan! Don't you?

Anyways, tell me what u think and I'll see u on Wednesday!!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro