№36|The 7 Mile Escape From Candyland

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

№36|The 7 Mile Escape From Candyland
◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

“Why did we have to leave her?” Was the first question Rufus’ dragon asked as Rufus, Ayame, and Vanessa entered the town car.

“Because Barron would kill me if I didn’t go. Would you rather not see our mate for a couple of hours, or die.” Rufus wagered.

“Shut up…” his dragon muttered, pouting slightly.

Vanessa turned towards Ayame as the Indian wolf played with the rather expensive clothing. “I don’t like this! It’s so itchy!” She whined, shifting in her seat.

“Well, suck it up,” Vanessa said, applying lipstick to her lips, “we have to make these fleshies believe we’re some rich stuck up buyers from New York.”

“This is so stupid, Vanessa. Why can’t we just nuke the place?” Ayame groaned, accepting the lipstick Vanessa offered her.

“Because there are innocent wolves in there in need of our help,” Vanessa watched as Ayame attempted to apply the makeup. “For the sake of the gods, Ayame, don’t you know how to put on lipstick?” She rolled her eyes jokingly, turning Ayame’s face towards her as she applied the lipstick for her.

“I do.” Ayame muttered as Vanessa applied the red lipstick to her lower lip before doing the same to her upper. “I just don’t wear makeup a lot.”

“Still, those wolves need our help,” Rufus gazed out the window, “hopefully the wolves can finish the tunnel in time.”

◥✥◤

Camila groaned as she morphed out of her wolf form, “I got dirt under my nails…” she frowned slightly, “I just did these…”

Olly rolled his eyes, laughing slightly. “Boo hoo, did the little Luna mess up her nails?”

“Yeah I did,” Camila smirked, “I also dug way more than you.”

“No way!” Olly scoffed, turning towards Medusa. “Medusa! Who dug more; me or Camila?”

Medusa sat in the grass as she took notes on the wolves digging patterns. She didn’t even hear Camila’s question.

“Medusa.” Olly called out again, Medusa held up her hand, silencing him.

“Barron,” Camila groaned, “can you get your Luna?”

Barron chuckled, walking over to Medusa. ”Honey, Olly asked a question.”

“And I told him to wait.” Medusa replied, looking down at her notes. “I’ve been wondering what your digging patterns are like since I got here so Olly will have to wait.”

Barron turned back towards Olly and Camila, shugging. “She’s in researcher mode, so give her a few minutes.”

“You got one special Luna, Barron.” Camila laughed, shaking her head.

“Yeah,” Barron smiled lovingly at Medusa, “she really is special.”

Chelia and Giselle stared down the tunnel in shock. “We’re making great progress,” Chelia looked over towards Medusa, “how many miles are we at, Luna?”

“1 mile so far.” Medusa replied, laying down on her stomach as she continued to take notes. “Chelia, is Montego done digging? I need to see if the collar I had him wear tracked his pattern.”

“Their shift was over 30 minutes ago, but him and Dayo are racing to see who can dig the fastest.” Giselle chuckled as she watched Montego and Dayo returned to the surface.

“I win!” Montego cheered.

“Only because I hit a patch of really tough roots.” Dayo punched him playfully.

Chelia passed Montego a water bottle. “Your shift was up 30 minutes ago, ya know.”

“Yeah, but I was having fun.” Montego smiled cheekly.

And this is why you can’t be a father yet. She ruffled Montego’s hair. Far too innocent for fatherhood. She giggled, wiping dirt off his cheek. “Be careful with the roots… Celaneo’s worried the trees might die out if we hurt them.”

Montego nodded, kissing her cheek, “oki doki.”

Celaneo sat in the trees, sighing softly. It seemed like the deeper the dug the more plant roots were damaged.

She was snapped out of her thoughts when she felt Orion, in his wolf form, scratching at the bottom of the tree. “Orion! Be careful!” Cleano scolded, Orion whimpered and backed away from the tree.

Celaneo hopped down, crouching in front of Orion. “Does it have to be a tunnel underground?”

Orion nuzzled her softly. “Sorry… it’s the best route… I know you’re worried about the plants, but I’m sure they’re okay.”

“It’s just you wolves are so reckless with the digging…” Celaneo muttered, her fingers running through grass.

“Don’t worry, Celaneo,” Barron patted the top of her head, “I told the wolves to be careful with roots. I know how much you hate when the plants get hurt.”

“Thanks, Barron.” Celaneo smiled softly.

“Is it our shift now?” Yvette groaned, tapping her foot impatiently.

“Yes, it is, shona.” Alistair kissed her cheek, earning a lingering growl from Endar.

Katya slapped Endar behind the head. “Stop that… he’s a nice young man.”

“Yeah, but that’s our Lastachka!” Endar gestured towards the blush pink wolf that chased the black wolf.

“Look how happy she is, though!” Katya cheered. “Don’t they remind you of someone?”

“Who?” Endar tilted his head in confusion.

“Us!” Katya hit his chest playfully. “Remember when we started dating? We were just like them.”

“Yeah, we are.” Endar sighed in delight, kissing the top of Katya’s head. Endar pulled her in close by her hips. “Are you ready to see your man dig?”

Katya snorted in laughter. “Was that supposed to be a pick up line? An attempt at being flirty?”

“Did it work?” Endar sweatdropped.

“Not at all,” Katya smiled, shaking her head, she wrapped her arms around his neck, “but it’s adorable that you’re trying to be flirty.”

“Awe,” Endar placed a small kiss on her lips, “you love when I’m flirty~”

“Shut up.” Katya laughed, rolling her eyes.

“ПaПa (dad), are you ready?” Yvette asked, putting her hair up into a high ponytail.

“Yeah, let’s go, Lastachka (little sparrow).” Endar smiled, ruffling her hair.

Right before Endar and Yvette could begin their shift, Medusa raced over to them. “Wait! Wait!!” Medusa said, stopping Endar and Yvette.

“Yes, Luna?” Yvette asked politely.

“Yvette, please, call me Medusa.” She smiled, nudging Yvette playfully before pulling out two sliver slim collars. “I need you to wear these… they track digging patterns.”

“Um… why?” Endar questioned, accepting the collar Medusa handed to him.

“Research, of course.” Medusa replied simply, shrugging as those it was nothing.

“Is she always like this?” Endar whispered to his daughter.

“Yeah,” Yvette laughed, “the other day she had me race Ambrocio to prove her hypothesis.”

“Your daughter is quite fast, Endar.” Medusa said flipping to the page showing the data from the speed test. “She was 4x faster than Ambrocio, Camila, and Salvador!”

“That’s my girl!” Endar laughed, slapping her back.

Yvette smiled widely, placing the collar around her neck. Endar did the same. “Ready, ПaПa (dad)?”

“Yep!” Endar shifted, watching as his daughter did the same.

With that, the two Russian wolves dove into the hole, continuing to tunnel through the dirt.

◥✥◤

Ayame, Vanessa, and Rufus stood in front of the doorways of Candyland. Gulping slightly, Rufus opened the door to be greeted by the same woman who greeted Barron, Lawrence, and Malakai.

She stopped in shock, while the smell was faint and untraceable in human noses, she could smell Malakai and Lawrence's scents on Vanessa and Ayame. She tugged on Vanessa’s coat sleeve. “It isn’t safe for you here… just go.” She whispered.

“What’s your name, darling?” Vanessa asked, smiling at the wolf.

“Haisley,” she whispered ever so softly, “we can’t use our names here, we’re all named after candies… so here I’m Kit Kat.”

“Well, Haisley, we’re getting you all out of here.” Ayame winked, lowering her sunglasses slightly.

Haisley scoffed. “You can try… nobody can escape Candyland.”

“We aren’t just anybody,” Rufus chuckled, “we’re from the WhiteClad pack.”

“I know. She smells like Mr. Santos,” she said, pointing to Vanessa before turning towards Ayame, “and she smells like Mr. Robinson.” She sniffed Rufus momentarily. “And you smell like a witch. You mated to one or something?”

“Hoping to be.” Rufus winked, Kalypso’s smiling face flashing in his mind

“I thank you for the offer, but I have to pass.” Haisley hung her head low, admitting defeat. “Many have tried to escape Candyland. The only people I’ve seen escape were Delilah and Tenshi, and ever since that happened security has heightened so it’s even harder to get out.”

Vanessa’s red lips curved into a frown, pouting slightly. “For an Epsilon, you’re pretty doubtful.”

“Epsilon?” Rufus questioned. “What kind of ranking is that?”

“I believe it’s the rank between Hunter/Huntress and Delta.” Ayame guessed. “While Epsilon is a rank, most packs choose to group it in with Hunter/Huntress due to the fact Epsilons are like the guards of the pack.”

“The pack I came from did have the Epsilon rank.” Haisley smiled softly as she was reminded of her pack. “We were one of the few packs in Egypt…”

Abruptly, Ayame embraced Hasiley in a hug. “You’ll be back with them soon, I promise.”

Hasiley nodded, sobbing into her shoulder. “Ayame,” she clenched the back of Ayame’s shirt, “thank you…”

“Of course,” Ayame wiped her tears away, “we have to go upstairs so wipe those pretty little eyes and show us upstairs.”

Hasiley nodded, walking upstairs as Rufus and the two wolves followed behind her. Hasiley opened the doors to the common room, bowing as Fauna greeted them at the door. “Thank you for bringing them to me, Haisley.” Fauna smiled, patting her head. “Just for that, I’ll give you some extra food tonight.”

Vanessa scowled, soon stopping when she reminded herself to stay in character. She scoffed. “You feed them?” She laughed mockingly. “What a waste of food.”

“We don’t feed them much,” Fauna opened the door more, gesturing them inside, “we normally give them scraps and such.”

“Ah,” Ayame said in a fake french accent, “we don’t even bother with scraps... we just give them bread and water.”

“And here I thought I was hard… maybe I should be taking lessons from you.” Fauna laughed, sitting down at the bar. “So,” she flicked her hand, sending the Bartender to retrieve a large white binder, “which one of my wolves would you like?”

She glanced up at Rufus. She smirked, patting the stool next to him, “dragon boy~” she cooed, “come sit next to me.”

“Um, I think I’ll stand.” Rufus declined.

She glared at him. “It wasn’t a request.”

Rufus gulped, sitting beside her. “If it’s a woman you want, don’t take these mutts,” she shut the binder, her hands stroking his thighs, “don’t you want a witch instead?”

“We have one, thank you.” his dragon scoffed, grimacing at Fauna. “Get rid of this trash… she’s not worth our time.”

“We have to play along.” Rufus reminded his dragon. “Don’t worry... she’s back home safe.”

His dragon growled at Fauna. “Desperate hoe.”

Rufus chuckled, gaining Fauna’s attention. “What’s so funny?”

“Oh, nothing,” Rufus replied, smiling as he thought of the witch waiting for them at home, “just thinking of something beautiful.”

“Awe,” Fauna stroked his cheek, “I have that effect on people.”

“I’m sure you do.” Rufus glanced up at Ayama and Vanessa, cocking his head to the side slightly to tell them to proceed with the plan.

Ayame and Vanessa nodded, sneaking out of the room and down to the basement. Vanessa and Ayame peaked into the lab to see a scientist eagerly working on the new virus serum.

Ayame pulled out a smoke bomb and two gas masks. Vanessa chuckled. “Where did you keep those?”

“Kalypso charmed my coin purse to make sure it has an infinite amount of space.” Ayame winked, tossing her one of the masks.

Vanessa smashed the door window, bringing attention towards it as Ayame threw in the smoke bomb. The room began to fill up with an orange smoke. Once it cleared, the scientists were all knocked out.

Ayame kicked down the door, gaining a questionable look from Vanessa. “Somebody’s pissed, huh?”

Ayame giggled, flipping her hair as the woman stepped over the scientist to reach the large tanks of the virus. Vanessa gulped. “Are you sure exploding this would be safe? Wouldn’t that cause the virus to spread because it’s out of the tank?”

Ayame shook her head, “this bomb’s gas is coated with a special antiviral spray that will clear the virus once it explodes.”

Vanessa nodded, trusting in the huntress. “Let’s get to work.”

With that, Ayame and Vanessa placed the bombs on the virus tanks. “Barron, the bombs are placed. You almost here?” Vanessa asked as the two rushed down to the basement, suddenly greeted by Barron and Lawrence popping out the dirt.

Barron shook off the dirt off his white coat, smiling at his sister. “Hey sis.”

Lawerence tackled Ayame to the ground, licking her face intensively. He purred, rubbing his face against hers. “Soft…”

“Yes,” Ayame chuckled, “I missed you too.”

Lawrence lifted her onto his back as they walked along the cages, unlocking them. Ayame walked inside one of the cages to see a little girl around the age of 5 whimpering in the corner.

“Hi.” Ayame whispered, approaching the little girl. “Can you tell me your name, pup?”

“Bay-Baylen…” she scooted away from Ayame, “don-don’t hu-hurt me!” She sobbed into her knees. “I-I-I’m sorry! I rea-really am!”

Ayame stroked her scarlet red hair, brushing it behind her ear to reveal bruises and scrapes on her face. Laerence murmured slightly, alerting Ayame of the short time frame they were on.

“I’ll catch up in a sec.” Ayame said. Lawerence nodded and continued to help Barron and Vanessa open up the cages.

Noticing the fear coating in her eyes, Ayame shifted into her wolf form, licking Baylen’s face. The five year old giggled, something she hadn’t done in so long. Ayame continued licking her face, reveling in the laughter of the young wolf.

“Ayame!” Baylen laughed, halting the wolf. Ayame wagged her tail, sitting patiently in front of her.

“Where’s your parents? Are they here?” Ayame looked around in the other cages for her parents, but he was nowhere to be seen.

Baylen whimpered, shaking her head. “The-they killed them…”

Ayame rushed to Baylen’s side at the sight of her tears. “Hey, hey, hey!” Ayame nudged her playfully, “don’t cry… there’s always people in the pack looking to adopt pups.”

“Um, Ayame.” Her wolf got her attention.

“Yes?” Ayame asked, helping Baylen onto her back as they met back up with Lawerence, Barron, and Vanessa.

“What if she doesn't need to find parents… what if she already found them?” her wolf waggered.

Ayame didn’t respond and smiled at Lawrence, walking up to the brown wolf. They nuzzled their noses together before Ayame shifted back into her human form. “Who’s that?” Lawerence questioned.

“Baylen,” Ayame kneeled beside Lawrence, showing the brown wolf the pup that was suddenly asleep in her arms, “she lost her parents…”

Lawrence whimpered, frowning deeply. “Poor pup…”

“Barron, do you mind if she stays with us at the pack?” Ayame requested.

Barron nodded. “Of course. The poor pup needs stability.” Barron sniffed Baylen, smiling at her spring flower scent. “I can smell it already… she’s gonna make a great Delta.”

“I wonder what rank she was in her last pack…” Vanessa muttered.

“Who knows,” Ayame sighed, “but we have to get out of here. Rufus can only hold out Fauna for so long.”

“Medusa, are all the wolves at the camp?” Barron asked telepathically.

“Yep. We’ve just started matching everyone to the pictures in the binder. Chelia and Giselle called up some of their fairy buddies to help with the healing.” Medusa glanced inside one of the many tents they were using to heal the Candyland Wolves.

“Are you on your way?” Medusa asked. “You’re still wearing the collar, right? I wouldn’t want my data to mess up.”

“We wouldn’t want that, my love.” Barron laughed as he, Lawrence, Vanessa, and Ayame crawled through the tunnel.

Baylen stirred awake. “Where are we, Ayame…?”

“Underground,” Ayame said, her arm scraping against a hard root, “we’re almost home.”

Balyen smiled, rested her head on her back. “Okay…”

The sudden sound of beeping filled the tunnel followed by a loud boom as everyone turned towards Ayame. “Shit!!” Ayame cursed. She passed Baylen to Lawrence. “Get out of here!”

“What about you?” Lawrence asked. Ayame looked behind her to see fire filling the back end of the tunnel. She bit her lip, smiling softly at Lawrence. “Ayame, no. Don’t be stupid!”

“You and Baylen need to leave.” Ayame ordered, resting her hand on his cheek.

“No! Not without you!” Lawrence scolded, trying to pull Ayame up with him, but her foot was snagged in a root.

“Lawrence, just go!” Ayame yelled as the fire got close.

“Not without you!!” Lawrence repeated.

“Just go!!” Ayame yelled, pushing Lawrence up the tunnel as the fire coated the tunnel, causing a massive explosion.

“AYAME!!!” Lawrence shouted, attempting to dive back into the tunnel, but was held back by Rufus, Barron, and Alistair. “AYAME!! NO!!!”

Tears streamed down his face as he fought against the mens arms. “Let me go!! She can’t be gone!! She just can't!!!!”

“Thank god,” Chaaya scoffed, “that ought to teach her to defy me.”

“She… was… your… DAUGHTER!!!” Lawrence roared, tackling Chaaya to the ground. “That was your daughter!!! How could you just let her die?!” His eyes flashed a deep red. “She was the love of my life – your daughter – and you don’t even care?! You fucking monsters!!!”

“She cheated on you twice, and you still loved her?” Ishaan growled, rolling his eyes.

“I don't care!!” Lawerence roared, darting his head towards Ishaan. “I loved your daughter with my entire heart. I don’t care what happened with those men in the past! I know I’m her present and future!!!”

A harthy cough coming from the hole made Lawrence perk up, his eyes widened as he rushed over to the whole. A dust covered hand reached out from the whole, “Law-Law… Lawrence..!”

Quick as lightning, Lawrence pulled her up. Her body was shaking violently, seeing as it was covered in 3rd degree burns.

“Lawrence… Lawrence…” Ayame rasped, searching for the British Wolf. Everywhere she looked, flames coated her vision. “Fi-Fire… fire…”

“Breathe, my crumpet, breathe…” Lawrence kissed her forehead, careful not to damage her more than she already was.

“La-Lawrence…” she could hear his voice drift off into the distance. Clenching onto his wrist, tears streamed down her hazel eyes, “do-don’t leave… please…”

“Who said I was going anywhere, crumpet?” He whispered, picking up Ayame’s shivering body as they walked past her parents. “You disgust me.” He growled as they entered the tent, placing down Ayame on one of the soft cots.

“Crumpet,” Lawrence slowly stroked her hair, “it’s alright.”

“I-I-I…” she rasped, “I can’t brea-breathe…!” Ayame tightly wounded her hand around his. “Lawrence… I-I-I can‘t…!”

“Dr. Lycia! Chelia! Giselle! Malakai! Anyone!” Lawrence yelled as Malakai rushed over.

“Lawrence, what’s wrong?” Malakai asked, crouching down beside Ayame.

“She says she can’t breathe.” Lawrence said, kissing her hand. “It’s alright, Crumpet, Malakai’s gonna fix you,” he turned towards Malakai, growling slightly, “right?”

“Of course.” Malakai nodded as he began to heal Ayame.

Dr. Lycia placed an oxygen mask over Ayame’s face, smiling down at the huntress. “We’ll make you feel all better.”

Ayame nodded, turning towards Lawrence, “I thought… I wouldn’t… see you… again.” Ayame rasped, smiling softly at her mate. “You know… when they say… your life flash… before your eyes… that’s not true…”

“Why is that?” Lawrence asked.

“You only see… the things and people… you love…” Ayame slowly blinked her hazel eyes. “I saw Medusa, Barron… Vanessa, Malakai… Chelia, Montego… Alistair, Yvette… Dalaja… Dr. Lycia, Kwame…” she stroked the British wolf's cheek. “You… I saw you… all I saw was you.”

Lawrence chuckled. “You love me that much?”

“I love you so much, Lawrence.” Ayame said breathlessly.

“I love you too, Ayame.” Lawrence kissed her nose. “I’ll love you forever.”

~A/N~

Lol! I scared y'all didn't I? Y'all thought Ayame was dead but nope! She's a survivor!!

I love how cute Lawrence and Ayame are! Like those two are the cutest and now Baylen is with them!

Anyways! The scene with Vanessa putting on Ayame's lipstick for her is from something that happened to me irl. LMAO me and my sis were going to a party and she was helping me on lipstick lol cause I'm clueless when it comes to makeup.

Oh! Today is the last day of school before Xmas break so I'm so happy! 2 weeks with no school!!

Have a happy holiday and I'll see u Monday!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro