8. I'm not a predator!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It was Wednesday morning, also known as the day after Matty Repellington thought he could bring his not-so-fishy lips to mine. I was restless, too afraid that if I slept, my reality would transcend into my dreams and I'd have to relive that nightmare.

It was safe to say that the lack of sleep only made me want to castrate my neighbor more. In fact, I think it was making me contemplate crazy things—things that for some reason, I was in the process of acting on.

Throwing my messy blonde hair into a bun, I brushed my teeth, rinsed off my face and headed downstairs. Marching out of my house at seven in the morning with nothing but shorts and an oversized t-shirt on, I found myself at the Ellington's residence, knocking on their front door.

I waited a couple of seconds, wondering if they heard me, when my eyes landed on the doorbell to my right. Reaching over, I pressed it right as the front door swung open.

Whoops!

"Oh, my bad," I said as I stared up at Mr. Ellington's confused face.

"Um, Bryce? What...brings you here?"

Matty's and my parents all knew about our long-lasting rivalry, so I wasn't offended by his greeting. It was to be expected.

Crossing my arms, I put back on my serious face, because what I had to say was not a joking matter.

"Mr. Ellington, I just came to tell you that your son sexually assaulted me yesterday, and I—"

"Oh my!" I heard Mrs. Ellington gasp from further inside.

Guess she heard me.

"H-he what?" the man in front of me sputtered, at a loss for words. "Matthew Carter Ellington! Get down here, right now!"

The sound of heavy footsteps filled the air until a shirtless Matty showed up, rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah, Dad?" he asked, not seeing me yet since I was still outside.

"Why is Bryce telling me you sexually assaulted her?"

"She what!? That lying little bitc—"

"Excuse me?" I interrupted, moving to the side so he could see my glare. "I am not lying! You would've shoved your slimey tongue down my throat if I didn't stop you!"

"You would've loved it," he stated firmly.

"Doubt it, predator."

"It's not assault if it's consensual!" he argued, throwing his hands in the air in exasperation.

"You kids," Mr. Ellington sighed, shaking his head while walking away, further into his house as I heard his wife ask, "What was that all about?"

"The usual," he huffed.

Bawling my fists up, I stormed away, halfway home when Matty grabbed my arm, turning me to face him.

"Why would you tell my dad I assaulted you?" he demanded to know. I could clearly see how tense his shoulder muscles were, since he was half naked.

"Ugh, put a shirt on, weirdo. We don't need you giving Old Lady Jenkins from across the street a heartattack," I complained.

"Right, like you in your little booty shorts won't give Old Man Herbert a stroke?!"

Scoffing, I looked at him like he was dumber than the bricks we stood on. "Old Man Herbert is blind, you idiot."

Pausing for a moment to process this new information, he gazed off at our neighbor's house. "Hmm," he hummed before remembering that we were currently in an argument.
"Whatever, just answer my question, Bryce. Why would you tell my father that? My father."

"I don't have to answer anything, predator."

"I'm not a predator! God, all I did was kiss you! Why would that make you think it was okay to tell my dad I assaulted you?!"

"Because, Matty! You can't just go around kissing whoever you want, whenever you want!" I explained. "My lips are mine!" I continued, pointing toward my mouth in a circular motion. "And you can't just kiss me to prove a point."

Angry now, I shoved him, feeling he was too close to me. I needed air, and space, and for Matty to back the hell up.

"You can't just—"

Crashing his lips to mine, I winced at the sudden impact of his mouth molding to mine. His body heat was radiating onto me, warming my chilled skin, but no matter how much my body wanted this to continue, much to my horror, I was stronger than that.

"Stop it," I snapped, disconnecting the kiss and slapping him on his cheek.

I think that only made him more determined, because this time when he kissed me, he pulled me to him, pressing our fronts together. The pure shock of it all caused me to open my mouth, and he did not hesitate to deepen the kiss. Oh my freakin' God. I'm french kissing Matty.

How did we go from years of spiteful pranks, to liplocking? And why!?

"Enough!" I shouted, stepping back. I could feel the heat spreading to my cheeks, especially when I saw how deep of a pink his lips were. "Why do you keep doing that!?"

"Do you still think I'm a bad kisser?" he questioned.

"Pfft, of course. This is all about you and your stupid manly ego," I scoffed. "You're lucky kissing isn't a big deal to me, Ellington, or your face would be real good friends with the bottom of my shoe!"

Turning and stomping off to my house, I swear I felt a vein pop when he yelled, "You didn't say yes!"

"Screw you!"

"I thought that was only supposed to happen in my dreams!" he shot back, and my face went sour. 

Stupid smug boy.

If he ever tried to kiss me again, his future wife better not want children, because they'd have to adopt.

The amount of times I've read this chapter and still laugh out loud at it would probably shock you 😅. BUT IT'S MY FAVE SO FAR, and probably always will be.

What was your favorite part?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro