4 | Frost Blood

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Heartbeats were vibrating inside my chest. It felt like blood running through my veins. I froze in fear. The tears watered through my eyes as I began to bury my face with my hands. I fell to my knees and sobbed on the horse's leg.

"Please, no! You can't do this! Otherwise everyone in this kingdom will face immortal danger! Even my parents! You can't! Oh, you mustn't do this! Oh, please no! I beg you, PLEASE!"

But the men wouldn't listen. Instead, they ignored me and cut me off.

"Shakira, you are a disgrace! Don't you DARE speak up upon us again! War is coming and you will obey this sorrowful event or else you will face bloody death!"

"I will NOT!"

The men on the horses gasped as one man pointed at me and screamed in anger.

"THAT IS IT! YOU WILL BE GOING TO WAR THE VERY NEXT DAY AND ONCE YOU GET THERE, YOU WILL FACE FROST LIKE HELL!"

I looked up at the men as they glared in anger at me and raced away into the mountains. As I watched the men disappear into the darkness, I felt a piece of anger in my heart as tears stung into my eyes. My moment of breaking down was here. Right now. In my mind. I rushed into my bedroom and sobbed onto my bed really hard.

I'm done.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro