Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Dawn made herself known over the land, the four girls were still asleep. The event of the night before had tired them out, Aviv was the youngest of the four and the most affected by the death of the woman, she slept in Winters room with her. She was the first to rise, she stretched and opened the shutters the warm sun flooded in. Aviv rolled over and pulled the blanket up over her face. Winter stared out at the view of the garden and the lake, she was grateful for the luck they had been given. An old run down house away and private from the town, she got ready for the day pulling herself into her favourite black corseted dress and quietly took the back passage of the house all the way down to the kitchen.

Winter warmed water on the stove and sat by the flames of the fireplace as she attempted to warm herself by the fire's flames, sometime later Summer came down from her slumber dressed in her magenta dress, flowers stitched onto the bodice and on her head sat a flower crown and white blossoms draped down the length of her red hair. "Did Aviv sleep with you again?" Summer asked taking her seat next to Winter.

"Yes," Winter said pulling her long black wavy hair back into a bun. "I saw Dalrs wolves in the garden last night," Winter took the hot water off the boil, poured it into two cups and gave one to Summer.

"She too must sense the dark fog suffocating Salem," Summer said and let her butterfly walk over her fingers, a red admiral.

"You may be right, but I hope that's not the case," Winter said wrapping her hands around the warm cup.

"Did you notice the woman staring at us last night?" Summer asked.

"Yes, the grand high witch herself, Mary Woodrow," Winter said taking a sip of her warm water.

"She is the cause," Summer said but Winter interrupted her.

"You can't point fingers, she is the head of the town Summer she could hang all of us. She knows we are witches of the light she will do everything to get us out of Salem," she reminded her.

"I know," she said dropping her head.

"We just have to..." Winter was interrupted by someone knocking on the door.

"I'll get it," Autumn yawned skipping down the stairs and running her hand over her head. "Oh Miss Woodrow," she said surprised and curtsied before her. Autumn and Mary walked into the kitchen.

"Ladies," she said, both of the girls curtsied before her, "I am just doing house calls to check up on the young women of Salem. I wanted to make sure they were okay after last night's terrible events," tears glittered in her eyes.

"We're all okay," Winter said crossing her arms over her chest.

"There's only three of you, where is the fourth?" Mary asked.

"She's asleep, she didn't sleep too well," Winter growled. Mary walked closer to Winter.

"Have I done something to offend you?" she asked.

"Yes, you have upset the youngest of us," she replied and walked past her storming upstairs to check on Aviv. Summer and Autumn saw Mary out who continued her rounds. Summer caught up to Winter. "If she insists on popping up on us like that we need to watch our tongues."

"Agreed," Summer replied.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro