Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Winter stood in the back garden wielding petals around her in a swirling motion. Aviv sat on the wooden steps watching her, weaving flowers, leaves and vines into her hair. "Are you feeling any better?" Winter asked. 

"No," she said in one word as her butterfly flew around her head. 

"It will pass," she said. 

"I'm not sure I can get over a hanging like the rest of you," she replied, Winters concentration was broken and like pink snow, it fell at her bare feet. She walked closer to the young witch and knelt in front of her. 

"None of us will," she cupped the youngest's cheeks. Aviv couldn't hold her tears in any longer, and like a waterfall, liquid crystal dribbled from her eyes. "Hey, hey, shush," she said and hugged her. Summer and Autumn wandered outside. 

"The hanging?" Autumn asked. Winter looked up at her and nodded. 

"It's going to take her some time," Summer said.

"Maybe you could take her out for a walk in the forest you know how it always makes her feel better," Winter suggested. 

"Not with the council being this suspicious of the town we need to stay close to home," Autumn said.

"She has a point," Winter said.

"If we split up they may target us one by one," Summer said, Aviv hadn't stopped crying her eyes still swelled with tears.

"Tak her inside," Winter said and handed her over to Summer, the two went in leaving Winter and Autumn outside. "They will try to get us off this land since we're near the river," Winter leant against the wooden wall of the house. 

"That shan't happen," Autumn replied, "we're strong enough to stop them." 

"Indeed," she said lighting her pipe, small pink glowing bubbles began to rise out of the pipe. 

"Shoulder giving you pain again?" she asked. 

"Yes," she nodded. 

"Perhaps you should go to the healer near the lake, I am sure she could heal it properly?" Autumn suggested. She shook her head. 

"I am not wasting my time with her gypsy hocus pocus," Winter said and took a big puff before releasing a pink cloud this time.  

"Do you have to blow this stuff at me?" Autumn asked. 

"Yes," she giggled, "I know it annoys you." 

"Well if you're going to be a child I am going to check on Aviv," she said and walked inside. Winter huffed a laugh and watched her disappear into the shadows of the house.  The sun was covered by the clouds, the warmth diminishing and the bitter cold took its place. Before winter could get showered by cold droplets she wandered into the house,  Aviv was now asleep on Summer the pair were sat in front of the fire, Summer had a book in her hands it was floating, with one flick of her fingers, the page turned to the next. 

"That's a good use of your powers," Winter said leaning on the threshold, a black boot crossed over the other one. 

"I'd rather use my powers for this, rather than fighting a war," Summer said and turned another page. 

"Yes, but you may have to one day," she said and sat down in front of the flames her butterfly landing on the collar of her jacket. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro