Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It was Winters turn to go to the market she tried to coax Aviv out with her but she refused to leave the house. Winter pulled herself up onto her shires back and rode to the town many people staring at her, she dismounted and tied her horse down. She walked the market square her basket hanging on her arm and her butterfly an enamel pin on her jacket. Mary watched her from her balcony, her eyes trained on her like a hawk. Many people ignored the young witch at this moment she was just one of them. She picked out a few herbs and sorted through the apples, the shire horses always were fussy about bruised apples. 

"How is Aviv?" someone asked from behind her. 

"She's okay? Sorry, who are you?" Winter asked. The woman flashed her icy blue eyes at Winter for only a second. 

"I am so sorry Milady I did not recognise you," Winter apologised quickly. 

"It's okay my child," she said.

"She's not doing well, she needs the help of someone greater than ourselves," Winter said. 

"Is that so?" she asked concern creasing her youthful features. Winter nodded slowly. "Take her to Herne in the forest I am sure he will be able to cure the young girl of her ill memories." With that, the Goddess disappeared before her. 

"Are you quite well?" A young woman asked rushing to Winters side. 

"Of course, thank you for the concern," she smiled sweetly, "I must be heading home." She said rushing to her horse slipping her basket into her saddlebag. She galloped back, after dismounting she threw her shire and poked her head through the door. "Aviv grab your cloak we're going for a walk in the forest!" she yelled. 

"Why?" she replied. 

"Because hurry up!" Winter called. Aviv rushed around her room trying to make herself look presentable. She ran down the steps almost tripping over her cloak, she soon joined Winter. The pair wandered into the forest. 

"Where are we going? Tell me!" The youngest demanded. 

"We're headed to Herne," Winter said quickly. 

"Why?" she asked, Winter, ignored her and kept walking. They knew they were close when they saw several stags and creatures of the forest gathered around the entrance which was protected by two great ivory stags, and above them were two stag skulls that were locked in battle. In the middle stood a tent made of deerskin, smoke billowed from the top of it. 

"My lord!" Winter exclaimed and kneeled before the entrance of the tent. The horned god emerged almost immediately. He was well built, long dark hair fell about his shoulders, elegant antlers rose above his head they had been crowned with leaves and flowers. His legs were decorated with thick dark fur and his feet hooved, and around his hung wooden pipes. 

"What do I owe the pleasure my child?" he asked kneeling before Winter, he took her hands and helped her to rise off the leafy ground.  

"My sister s in need of some help, her thoughts are ill," she said. 

"And you wish for me to grant her peace?" he asked. Winter nodded. "Leave her with me and come back for her in a few days time," he said softly. 

"No, I wish to stay, she needs her sisters around her right now," she said. 

"As you wish," he said, his leafy green eyes locked onto hers. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro