Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

That morning we were ready to storm Nassau. Four of us rode behind my father, hat pulled down over our faces, he had insisted that I rode up front with him but the townspeople needed to see him first. John and his men walked next to his horse and a few walked behind us. We walked through the narrow streets, a few people shutting their doors to us. We shifted in our saddles, the silence was deafening to us. When we entered the courtyard we saw empty nooses swinging, the Governor's captain looked all of us over. Silver dismounted and his horse led away by one of my men.

"Long John Silver," he said.  We split off in pairs two of us stood on either side of Silver, his men moved out of the way for us. The captain's men raised their guns to us. 

"I want to do this peacefully," Silver said. Before the captain could offer an answer a shot rang out and shot one of his men. Everything erupted into chaos, our horses reared up and charged ahead into the soldiers, a few were trampled under their hooves, we shot from the backs of our steeds who also kicked and reared. My steed and I were covered in blood, I suddenly caught a cart fleeing in the Nassau streets with Elenor on. I turned my horse and split off chasing after it, men continued to fire at me it became too dangerous for my horse, I leapt off his back and onto the cart but to be pushed off by one of the soldiers. 

I hit the ground with a thud, I hauled myself off the ground and tried to run after them but they were gone. "Damn it!" I screamed. My horse returned to me, I hauled myself onto his back and returned to Silver, one of his men slit the throat of the captain and that was when the battle came to a standstill, his body fell with a thud and hung off the bottom of the gallows. The rest of the soldiers returned to the fort. I found a few saddles empty but most of my men were still alive.  "Did you catch them?" Flint asked. 

"No," I replied, "we couldn't keep up. Is Nassau ours?" 

"For now," Flint replied. We made our way into the town we once knew, I dismounted and walked into the drawing-room, Silver was sat in the middle of the room. 

"Are your men on the beach?" he asked. 

"Indeed, they will tell us if we're under attack," I replied, and turned to walk out. 

"Where are you going?" he inquired. 

"To join my men..." he interrupted me. 

"No, you are to stay here, you are too vulnerable out there." I looked at Madi all she offered me was a nod.  I turned to my closest man. 

"Make sure my horse is taken care of," he nodded and left me with Silver, Flint and Madi. I walked to the window and stared out at the sea, what I would give to be galloping up and down the sand.  My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by Billy being hauled in by Silvers men, I sat on top of the table behind my father. Billy looked around at all of us. 

"Of all the people who I thought were going to betray us I didn't think you, you should be torn from limb from limb by my horses," I said. 

"Quiet!"Silver barked at me. I fell silent as each took their turn delivering their opinion to him. 

"Does everyone feel better now they've got that off his chest?" Billy asked. Silver turned to me for a second. 

"I swear if you say something I will cut your tongue out," he said. I said nothing and continued glaring at Billy. 

"That''s right listen to your daddy little girl," he teased, that was it I leapt off the table, I didn't care Billy was bound and I beat him his size had never intimidated me. He punched me and split my lip. 

"Get her off him!" Silver demanded.  I hit him back so hard he stumbled over and I kicked him repeatedly in the stomach. It took Flint and Madi to drag me off him. 

"Insult me or my family again, you will be trampled next time!" I spat and broke their grip off me. I returned to the side of Silver and took a cloth out of my pocket and dabbed my lip. 

"You are to return to the plantation and set right the wrong you did, after all the trust I placed in you I hope you would never put those close to me in harm's way," he said. Billy rose from the ground, his tail between his legs. 

"I would never, I will sort it," he said. 

"I hope so!" Silver snarled and Billy was led away. Flint turned to me. 

"You have a temper like your father," he said. 

"I won't have him mocking me, I am a respected Captain and should be treated as such," I said. 

"Did he hurt you?" Silver asked turning to me. 

"No," I shook my head. "I think he's more damaged than me." 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro