Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I took the night shift against Silvers' wishes. My men and  I stared out at the dark sea and sand, nothing but flame torches for light.  The horses fidgeted, stretched their heads and necks. "You have a black eye to be proud of," one of my men joked. 

"What happened?" the red haired one asked. 

"I attacked Billy Bones," I said.

"You are brave," another of my men chuckled. 

"Well, he made fun of my father and me so I attacked him," I said. 

"You should have brought him out here and we would have trampled him for you," the red haired one said. 

"I wanted to, but my father insisted he pay for what he did," I said, as I laid along the back of my horse holding onto the saddle.  

"You're supposed to be keeping watch," one of my men said. 

"I know but I'm tired," I replied yawning. 

"What if Silver finds you?" one of my men asked. 

"He'll get over it," I said. 

"Will he now?" Silver said limping to us, I turned quickly in the saddle nearly falling from my horse. "If you're not up to the job I will have someone replace your post."

"I am," I said.  A few moments later and Flint joined us. I rolled my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose, "I knew you two were together." 

"Two of you patrol one side of the beach, Azure and Angus you patrol the other side of the beach, oh and Flint will help you keep watch, you don't mind Azure do you?" Silver asked.

"No," I sighed.

"As Silver ordered!" Flint demanded. Angus and I took our stretch of beach walking the horses down the dark stretch of beach, while the rest watched us in their designated spots.

"It must be a nightmare with your father being everyone's leader and not cutting you any slack?" Angus asked.

"It is. He was never like this, I don't know what the sea did to him," I said looking down at my horses neck.

"The sea does strange things to people," he leant his hand over to mine and placed it on mine. "You, Azure Silver, have grown and turned into a great captain and it's about time you stand up to your father."

"I can't, he's the Pirate King," I said as we broke into a canter, we had reached the end of the beach and we turned, heading back to our original spot.  Flint was sat on the sand which my horse kicked up at him as we passed. He glared saying nothing. We kept patrolling up and down till dawn arrived, however, before I could rest I was called into the 'council' chamber, I reluctantly dismounted and stormed in and threw myself down into a chair, resting my head on my hand.  

"Sleep well?" Silver asked as he limped in.

"I wouldn't keep wagging your tongue if you wanna keep it!" I snarled which turned into a yawn.

"Like father like daughter," Angus said.

"Shut up!" Silver and I barked.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro