11. Second Chance

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Lucknow, India

Aryan did not know what to feel at that moment - happy that she did not hate him or sad that she had no hope from him. "I know I have hurt you bad. I have behaved like a jerk. I know we have a long way to go. But please Meera, give me one chance. One chance to prove my love to you. One chance to repent. Trust me once. Please Meera. Please." He joined his hands in request and looked at her expectantly. 

Meera could see hope in Aryan's eyes. She did not know what to say. She did not know what she felt. She was afraid. Afraid of what trust could do to her. She trusted her family, her brother but was betrayed by them. What if he does that too? She didn't want to be hurt again. But somehow, she didn't want to hurt him also. She was confused.

"Sleep for sometime, Aryan. We will talk later," she said. Aryan looked at her. He tried to read the eyes but he couldn't. In these five years, Meera had become an expert in hiding her emotions. She kept a blank face and left the room, closing the door.

Living Room

Meera sat down on the sofa and sent a message to Sapna, requesting to call her back soon. Within minutes, Sapna called. "Dream, I am confused," said Meera, answering the call. "What did you do?" was Sapna's reply. Meera recounted the earlier events only to get scolded by Sapna. "What an idiotic way to know about someone's intentions, Meera? You could have killed the poor man!!!

Meera sighed. "I know, okay. Tell me what should I do? Should I give him a chance or no?" "What is the problem in giving him a chance?" asked Sapna. Meera spoke uncertainly, "He is not the perfect man, Dream. He is not like my dream prince." "Are you perfect?" Sapna asked. Meera mumbled a 'no'. "Then?" Sapna continued. "Listen to me, Meera. A perfect man is for someone who is also perfect. Because if you are not perfect, he will find reasons to go away from you. Two imperfect people are meant to be together because together they make each other perfect. Together they complete each other. I agree Aryan has done mistakes but he is repenting, Meera. Everyone deserves a second chance." "So you think, I should give Aryan a chance?" asked Meera. "Personally, I think you should. Rest is your decision.

Meera hummed in response and they cut the call.

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

Seoul, South Korea

As the call got cut, Sapna was once again drowned in her thoughts. She had just now told Meera that everyone deserved a second chance. But she herself was not ready to give her husband a second chance. She had seen him repenting. She knew he was trying to find the whereabouts of his sister. And she also knew that the reason of his failure was her father-in-law. Then why couldn't she forgive him? Why had she been punishing him for five long years? Why? 

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

Lucknow, India

After finishing the call with Sapna, Meera moved towards her room. She looked at the bed and saw that Aryan was still awake. "This will be your last chance, Aryan," she said. Aryan looked at her surprised. Soon, he realized what she meant. His happiness knew no bound. He got up from the bed and engulfed Meera in a hug. Meera smiled faintly. 

As they separated, Meera spoke again, "But I do not want to meet my family right now." "Don't worry Meera. I will not force you for anything. Promise." Meera smiled again. Aryan looked like a small child who had been promised his favourite toy. 

So, how is it?

Why can't Sapna give Rajat a chance? What do you think?

~Purnima

PS - Any cricket lover?? Who do you think will win the world cup???

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro