♥22♥

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Once we reached the entrance door, Seb drastically changed from the laughing freak to a serious jerk notifying the seriousness I am in. I dearly wanted to laugh. 

The streets were unfamiliar to me, so were the people. I had no idea that I was living under the rock for all my life. I should be thankful for what happened now because I am out from the stupid shell I was been shackled to. Though I am on alert for all time now, I can feel the adrenaline rushing through my veins and... I could feel what it is to be happy. Weird! I know!

I was standing now, looking into a clothing store where there were three girls of my age, trying on some outfit, laughing and pushing each other. I kind of frowned. I never socialized much because... why... I really have no idea why I was being this sarcastic sadist bitch who loved to pick on innocent looking people and smiling girls.

I was always in the constant reminder of my family's peculiar character to me and maybe... that made me into this bad girl, I guess. I don't know anything now.

The girls found me staring at them. And they looked alarmed. Come on, think about it... I am in a dark hoodie, completely obscured by it and there I was standing like a murderer, without moving and staring at them. They will be scared stiff. But... what a douche! Well, I ruined their fun. That just gave me a happy boost.

I am seriously losing my mind.

Suddenly I was yanked from my stand still and I was ready to hit the guy but good thing it was Seb and he looked really distressed. He was about to give me a warning or something but then his attention was in the clothing store. I looked inside to see the three girls drooling themselves on seeing Seb.

What a... never mind! He gave them a slight nod and took me away.

"Never stand like that. You have no idea who will be following you."

"Then they will have this fun time in locating me since I am a decent butterfly." I giggled. What has got me today?

"What is up there in your pants? Are you Liana?"

"I doubt that too." I once again giggled and looked away.

Seb might have caught something on my face, even though I was pretty much married, and doing a funny smooching session with my hoodie. He stopped, looked into my hoodie and said, "Well, then do a favor and switch back to the old self of the one you don't doubt!"

"You mean the snarky bitch? What an accolade!"

"Well, it's better than the puzzle speaking woman here. We are here!"

"Oh!" I sighed quickly. This looked like a decent Italian restaurant or something. I don't know. I am not good with outside food apart from the Mickey's and Joe's. That was the only exception Tom gave me. Wow! I was under house arrest or something like that and I didn't even realize it.

My eyes started to prick again and I wondered why? I shouldn't be bothered, now should I?

Suddenly I was listening to Seb ordering a grand breakfast. He ordered biscuits and gravy plus a bacon and cheese sandwich. Whoa! And he was looking at me for what I want and I didn't hesitate to ask if there was any pizza and he said yes. I ordered my pizza. Seb was looking at me all the time and it kind of freaked me out.

"What would you like to drink?" the waiter asked and I jumped lightly because I expected he would have left.

Seb said, "Limoncello pina colada." The waiter just nodded.

"What, its breakfast drink that he asked?" I exclaimed with a half laugh.

"And it's breakfast drink that I ordered. Come on, now what do you need? Strawberry milkshake..." it was more of a mocked question to which I ha-ha'ed for his sake and ordered a hazelnut latte.

Then, it was silent again.

The buzzing of people talking, the cutlery clinking, people shuffling, the smell and everything from the kitchen, just made me wish for a normal lifestyle where I can too... wear more revealing clothes, don't have to hide and be my own self. Well, the world doesn't move around my feet.

Seb sighed and leaned forward and laced his fingers on the table.

"Lily, we have to be very careful now-" he started and I stopped him!

"Yes, I know... care to enlighten me how you come to be on my good side now. I mean look at you and Pete! Friends! You became my friend suddenly and took me to safety and all! I don't really know what to make of all this!" I huffed, suddenly my pent-up rage and emotions, spilling all over me.

"Listen, what I said to you when I first met you was all true. I am sorry, I picked a wrong lifestyle. Pete and I became close friends once I started to go down to their club often. A white guy amongst them was like an alarm bell ringing. I was just messed up. My boss was giving me a hard time since he smelled that I was backing out little by little. Like a ray of sunshine, Pete came to me and started to talk as if he and I were best friends! And when I accidentally dumped everything to him after he got me drunk- he got up, jumped and said... "Look, you owe me a couple of hundreds, fuc*ers, cause he got issues!"

I laughed at that. That sounded just like Pete.

"Apparently he came to talk to me not because he was concerned; but because he had a bet with his friends to find if I was a spy or someone bad amongst them. After that, we became close. It was after all that, I heard about you and that there was a map in your knowledge that my boss wanted and he picked me to be on this mission to kidnap you and find the map before Tom does. I have no idea then what this map was about. We can never question back. Then, I met you on that cliff top, I kind of felt sorry for you because I saw me in you and then Pete spoke about this Lillian he met because of me! And I played him to get close to you. I am sorry!"

His story seemed believable but even then, I kind of felt betrayed. It was really a sad moment though because everything that I came to know and believe is being ripped out of me. I have a mother whom I have never seen before my eighteenth birthday and I have been blindly calling my aunt, mother! Sam apparently was my biological father when I believed he might not be. Tom was my uncle, my pillar of strength and recently I came to know he and I were not even blood-related... duh! Also, he was the one after me. Now, this! Seb playing to get near me, I couldn't help but ask, "Why did you play all along to get to me?"

"Lily, you have no idea what my boss is and his goons are. They can rip apart a girl even before she can say help. They are cruel. And when he came to know about the map and this girl, he hadn't been caring for anything else much. They are all, seagulls waiting by the seashore to snatch the juiciest fish."

"It looks like I am the fish!"

"And I am the bait!"

I slowly inhaled and exhaled. Ok! I can make this to the end! I can go on as if nothing bothers me! I can!

"How cruel of you to leave me alone to clean the mess to come here and dine without me," Pete barked suddenly from behind me and I literally yelped to make all the other diners to look at me.

Oops! "What the hell Pete, I can kill you right if it was not my darling pizza running to me!"

Pete smiled widely and ordered himself a plate of something mountainous.

"So, what's the plan?"

I stopped chewing a mouthful of that tasty pizza and looked at Pete.

"You don't tell me, Lily, that you are not planning to get over this and done with as soon as possible," Pete said as a matter of fact.

"What do you mean?" I asked again, baffled. I have no clue.

"Lily, you have to find the map and do something with it," Pete exclaimed.

"What?" I yelled at him. Once again, more eyes on me! Damn. So much for low pro! Seb was all the while looking at me, munching on his goodie food.

"It's true lily, you have to do something about this or you won't be spared," Pete said.

"Do you have any idea, what you guys are even talking about?" I asked them still not able to understand they thought. How am I going to find the map! I was not there when she stole it, hid it and vanished from this world. Dammit! Why should everything I am a part of being this complicated? Ok, even if I did start... where should I start looking for?

"Otherwise, what's your plan?" Pete asked with this serious expression which I found so cute.

"I don't know Pete; you have no idea what you are even saying. I didn't know anything about this map until yesterday. And she just gave me a letter as if that was apology enough. There was nothing else in the package. No clue, no nothing... how am I supposed to... wait a minute, the poem! That must be the first clue. Now wouldn't that be a start?"

I was rambling and they knew it but they didn't dare stop me. I took out my phone, switched it on and looked at the photo that I have taken of her beautiful handwriting.

"Glow yourself tonight,

Breathe the heat "tonight",

Fall in love "where the moon"

Cause you will find it shining

The place you are "search" in

Is where "you will find me"?

Until then, see me "in the reflection".

"There," I showed it to them and asked if they could recognize something from the poem which read to me like an odd scribbling. Pete suddenly took out a pen from the inside of his deep burgundy jumbo jacket and noted it down into the napkin on the table.

"Hmm, I don't think these apostrophes were put there for fun. I think we should take that alone out and look at the poem again," claimed Seb with a thoughtful expression on his face.

"Alright!" Pete exclaimed and took out another napkin and started writing the poem after omitting the entire words in fox claws.

"Glow yourself tonight,

Breathe the heat

Fall in love

Cause you will find it soon

The place you are

Is where

Until then, see me

Reading them really felt awkward and odd since it didn't make any sense. That was pure ranting, at least to me. But there was a meaning until... is where... what should have come after that. What did she mean by that? Poem writing and as such was not my forte. Damn, why should everything be this metaphorical!

"Maybe we took that out wrong. We should look into the one in fox claws alone." Said Seb after a few minutes; his breakfast completed while mine and Pete's left alone. I took a bite out of mine, chewing slowly.

"Ok..." Pete said slowly and then started writing in another napkin.

"Tonight",

"Where the moon"

"Shining"

"Search"

"You will find me"

"In the reflection"

That just hurt our senses even more than what we first wrote. What is this? Is she playing games with us? I huffed out loud and looked out of the window. I saw startled to see this black car parking out in the street and a man dressed in black came out with large black sunglasses. He was looking all around the place and then tapped something on his phone. I nudged the guys to look at him and they both held their breath wondering every bad scenario. I guess.

Suddenly my phone started ringing and we all jumped. It was Tom. Dammit. Why did I switch it back on? Oh, right, the poem! Seb exclaimed too quickly, asking me to switch off the phone. The man was now walking towards our end of the street looking at his phone at all times. Suddenly he paused and looked all around. Good thing this restaurant was tinted. So, they were following my phone; I am being tracked.

We slowly folded the napkin and Pete kept it in his pocket. He shoveled his food quickly into his mouth since these boys had a no wasting food policy which I was happy to have heard about. Then, we paid and walked out from the restaurant.

I was squished in the middle and Seb said, we should destroy my phone and buy a new one, just in case. I was more than happy to have done that. So, Pete took my phone when we reached in an abandoned alleyway and threw it down with full force and it broke into too few many pieces. I bend down to pick my memory card. It was practically empty so why waste it! Pete shook his head disbelievingly at me.

Then Seb said he will buy all three of us a tracking device in case we ever have to part ways. Then, we asked me to go with Pete to the apartment. I was more than happy to since I need to stretch out and have a long sleep after all these useless dramas.

The napkin notes in Pete's pocket burned holes in my heart.

How do you like it so far?! 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro