♥9♥

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

♥♥♥

"You bit*h" her angry tone resonated through the empty lavatory but my laughter boomed overcoming her pitch.

"Whoever thought that I will find Sophia crying?" I laughed again. I can go search for a chance in theatrics, I have the right voice for a laughing banshee. "Man, can this day get any better. Now, tell me, why are you crying?" I need to know. I could act that as my leverage next time when she bullies me. I am sure it might be something trivial. 

"Why do you care?" she slumped her shoulders and turned away from me. Then, she tried to push past me and go but I held her to place.

"Look, you don't want to see my angry face. Now, I asked you a question and you are to answer me."

"Why should I? Leave me alone, or else I will scream."

"Well, that will only shame you, Sophia. I am not the one with mascara streaming down my Barbie face."

She sighed. A painful sigh, to be precise and somehow that made me feel happy. I shouldn't fell this way. Who would feel happiness when even their worst enemy is crying? I almost felt bad but my inner happiness, no giddiness made it difficult for me to show sympathy.

She looked at me, then looked away and sighed. Oh no, that is a sign of something coming. I can feel it. I braced myself for something...

"You should go. I..."

This was not something I planned to hear. I wanted to hear her worst fears, sadness, and dreams. This is not... I do not like people when they push me when I am trying to do something. I stood stern and waited for her to either rant out or explode. But, she smiled at me. A genuine heartfelt smile. I'm stunned. Can a cruel girl like her smile? But, that also threw me off balance. If she was this distraught, her problems to cry were not inconsequential.

"Liana, I don't know why you act to be so tough and be the sarcasm queen I have ever come to know. I have no idea why you act like a bad girl when you can be whoever you want and do whatever you want. I know you are not bad inside your heart. At least, you are not like me. Please go, or else I will... I can't..."

"Sophia, I only say once and when I do... I will make sure the ends meet." I stayed strong.

"Fine..." she snapped at me and to be honest, her face contorted into a scary face which literally terrified me. "I will tell you. If you want to know it so bad, so badly you want to know my worst tears which I am sure is to mock me later on. Hear me out Liana; my mom is dying from cancer. My younger sister suffers from Down syndrome. My daddy abuses me with his friends and he doesn't look after us and if I refuse he will beat my mother and abuse my sister too. And finally when I thought that nothing could hurt me today; I came to realize that life is a bitch and I am just her toy, you know life's toy... to fetch, drop, push, drop, fetch, drop, and push. And my boyfriend was... he..." she sobbed hard. She couldn't continue anymore and I couldn't stand.

I have never thought about this. You see, she was a typical bit*h queen and I hated her for that. Like I cover myself in a façade, I never thought that she would be covering herself from reality. Man, life was cruel for her. When I believed mine was worse, I think mine is comparatively better.

Oh dear, to this girl did I want to shove Nate's letter. That made me wants to dig my head and drop mud into it. I feel so sorry for her.

I did something very different and humiliating for me but at the moment, it was okay. I hugged her real hard. At first, she froze but then, she hugged me back and cried to my shoulder. I didn't let her go. Finally, as she finished soaking my favorite shirt, she got up, wiped her face and smiled again.

"Thank you." was all that she said. It was all that needed to be said. I nodded at her and turned to go when she stopped me said, "This doesn't make us friend bit*h."

"And this doesn't give you the right to post flyers of me fuc*face."

She smiled at me and me without saying anything turned around and walked away.

Somehow that little encounter made me feel light and happy. After all, Valentine's Day was really a turn-on event day. Loved it, so far!

Wondering what I will do to finish my day, I aimlessly walked to my locker. A quick movement caught my eye and on just the fraction he ran away from my locker. Some other messenger, I guess. I sprinted in his direction where he vanished and luckily in midst of all these red, pink and white, I was able to spot the black hoodie. I pushed past students and ran behind him.

He opened the door to the gym, and forcibly closed to lose me but I sprinted just in time to open it before he could lock me. Then, I tailed him out to the parking lot, and into the fence separating the school from the other plot. Just before he could climb the fence, I sprinted then jumped to catch on his laced boots. Luckily, the shoe was tight enough to not come down into my hands. I pulled him with all my might and he fell down; only because he lost his balance.

Even before, he could retaliate; I punched him square on the face. His hands were gloved and face masked. I pulled down the mask. I have never seen him before, neither he was about my age.

"Sh*t, woman, you damn hard on me, did I hurt you? Fuc*! This hurts."

"Shut your mouth and tell me, who are you? What were you doing in my locker?"

"I work downtown in the nigga club; I swear I don't know who that guy was. But he asked me, even paid me a thousand bucks to post in the message. I swear I don't know him and I didn't see him. Don't hurt me." something about this man made me want to believe him. Also, he resembled with that black guy in rush hour with that Chinese man. I love that man. So, I loosened my grip on him but didn't quite leave him.

"What's your name?"

"Pete."

"Listen here Pete; you don't want to get on my bad side. So, do your homework and get me that guy's details to me before tomorrow night. I swear to you chocolate boy, I will crush you. And when I say I will, I will..."

"I would love to get crushed by a mama like you, flawless." His lopsided smile irked me. I punched him again. He howled.

"Ooh, yeah, I would love that too. Your burnt skin just gives me the vibes bunny bear. But, once you crush me, you won't have that will to crush anyone again."

"Burnt skin? Oh no, you hurt my ego. This is pure rich chocolate. And damn woman, who taught to fight. You are hurting my beauty spot."

"Your nose... Pah! So, you don't have any idea who that man is."

"I swear... No sugar bun. But, are you free this evening?"

"I have plans to make."

In a very sensual tone, he asked me, "What plans honey?"

"To cut you alive"

"Oh you geez, why do you have to give me nightmares; I hate you, you know what?! I hate you. Get off me, you cootie."

I laughed hard.

"Cootie... really... What are you? Kindergarten failure"

"I was taught to respect woman and thus I am keeping you in my respect zone. I am going. Get off me."

"Wait, I like you, wanna give me your number?" this might come in handy.

"Oh yeah,... call me tonight sugar plum." He was instantly by my side again.

"Are you this eager to get your man plucked?"

"I hate you..." he screamed as he jumped the fence and ran off. Oh, he vanished only after giving me the bird. I like this man. Within seconds, there was a text message on my phone and la, la, la, it was Pete.

"Hey yo, homie, it's me, Pete."

"The burnt sugar one?"

"No, the best-plucked cocoa from Africa."

"Nope, the burnt sugar in my caramel pudding."

"Yummy, so, you do know how to talk sexy."

"I do not know what you mean."

"Come on cupcake, burnt sugar in your caramel pudding. Yum..."

"Sheesh, man, how can you change such an innocent sentence into a stupid sexual innuendo?"

"You love me, though."

"I doubt my decisions."

"Jokes aside, did you read that note? Are you in danger? Who wants to give you a note? What is happening? And darling, you are sexy. When you smile, you are like an Angel. Argh, I nearly got hit by a truck."

"You driving while you texting Pete? I will cut you."

"Oh, enough with that already... he is the only best thing in my life, quick threatening my innocent puppy."

"Argh, you are seriously a goner. Why did I even befriend you?"

"Did you say boner? I can seriously give you one. Wait, did you say I am your friend? Sweeeeeet.... Ah, I will text you from the club; I almost got hit by a sedan."

"Quit texting then."

I laughed hard at that guy. I am so glad to have got a friend like him. What has gone wrong with me? First Shaun, then mystery man and now him; I have been this easy with letting my walls down. Maybe I am desperate. I don't know. When I turned around to get in through the gym doors, I was met by many curious students who looked at me as if I was some sort of alien. I was startled. When I walked past them, they eyed me strangely.

"What?" I snapped.

"You sprinted to beat that guy out?"

"You exchanged number with the guy whom you slapped?"

"What was that all about?"

"I get to do what I want when I want and who are you to question me?" I snapped again.

"You are strange." A guy muttered. I walked away from them as if I care what they think about me.

My phone vibrates, which made me want to instantly check the message. My smile vanished when I saw it was from mom. It said, 'important meeting with Mr.Phillips. Don't be late.' That must be a message from daddy dearest and it was been forwarded to all of us. I ignored it and checked my locker for the new message.

It read,

"I said I will find you. I have kept my promise. But, I have come to warn you. You are never to walk out alone or be alone at any cost. Please! Wait for me by the oak in your garden at twelve o clock on your birthday. I will come.

S"

Ok, this is getting crazy. What will the heck happen when I turn eighteen? I sure don't want to turn into some crazy fictional characters nor do I need any super powers. This is really driving me crazy. Somehow this makes me not want to turn eighteen at all.

Sighing sadly, of course, I am sad... no one understands me. Everyone is treating me as if I am a bomb to be exploded or too damn childish. Fuc* I just want to escape.

"If you promise not to frown like that, I promise to grant your wish."

That sexy voice made me want to do things I shouldn't. Ooh, I remember the dangerous woman song and I want to dance to it. There is seriously something suddenly wrong with my hormones lately. Or is it because I am gonna is something inhumane? However, I am acting crazy and I am not in the right frame of mind.

Every girl was like drooling to him; even some boys. Some boys were seething in jealousy. It was indeed a comical thing to witness. I looked at him straight and didn't change my emotions even my insides were turmoil.

I can't let these losers see that I am actually attracted to this guy.

I turned around and walked away.

I hope I will continue this one, though I really need to... there is no fluctuation here in this story!  It seems like I am wrting for a ghost town... Oh I hear some Banshee's cheering! :D

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro