Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The water turned red as the traitor was keelhauled under the ship. Scar stood on the side, her weight leant into her left leg as she watched the blood pool out from under the timber. "Anyone else wish to betray me?" She asked still staring at the bloodied water, she turned just as the shredded remains of the sailor slapped the deck, like a gutted shark his blood slipped out on to it. "Throw him to the sharks!"

She walked past his corpse with out even giving him a second glance. She walked into her cabin, he had his back to her and rested his arms on the map splayed out on the table. "Has it been taken care of?" He asked lifting his head ever so slightly to peek over his shoulder at her.

"Yes," she said grabbing a bottle of rum and throwing her feet onto the table and onto the map, Xandar sighed and moved her feet off it. "Where are we headed?"

"Nassau," he said running his fingers over his long black curly hair. She took her pipe from her pocket and began to smoke it. "I thought you had given it up."

"No," she said shaking her head and plaicng her hat down onto the table. He lifts his head to look at her.

"Are you joining me on deck to night to watch the stars?" He asked.

"Of course, I'd never miss a moment with you," she smiled. He walked behind her chair and rested his hands on her shoulders and kissed her head.

"I'll see you on deck," he said.

"I won't be much longer," she said.

"Okay, you know how I hate to wait," he reminded her, kissed her head again and walked out on the deck waiting for Scar. She finished her pipe and placed it down onto the table. She sighed and pulled her boots off the table, she blew the candles out and walked out onto the deck a few moments later. She looked up at the night sky.

"It's so clear," she said and wrapped her arms around her small frame.

"Here," he said wrapping a blanket around her shoulders, "this is why I always keep this with me of a night, you always forget your coat."

"No, I always forget how fast the sun goes down," she said and tugged the blanket around her shoulders a bit more. The pair laid down on the rocking deck, eyes trained on the ebony sky and glittering orbs.

"It's moments like these we can appreciate the small things," he said. She shifted onto her stomach and rested a cold hand on his bearded cheek and softly kissed him. "What was that for?"

"No reason," she said and laid back down next to him. The ship rocked and creaked, the sails flapped in the strong breeze and sped the ship on its journey, they would reach Nassau by the time the sun was high in the sky. As the night drew on the chill forced the pair back into Xandars chambers where they both fell asleep to the lullaby of the waves.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro