Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The men rushed off the ship. Boots thudded against the gangplank, song filled the air and the tavern was filled with drinking men. Xandar and Scar walked the beach together, their hands locked together and their fingers laced over one another. The cold water washed in and out of their boots soaking the leather.  Silence and the waves followed them down the beach, their footsteps were washed away in moments like they were never there. 

"I have missed Nassaus air," Xandar said as he took a big deep breath in. 

"I haven't," Scar said, the pair stopped and sat on the cool sand, Scar laid down and rested her head on her arms. 

"I hope you don't plan to sleep on the beach all night?" Xandar asked, glancing back at her. 

"No, but it does feel nice against my skin," she smiled. He chuckled and took a sip of rum from the bottle he took off the ship.  

"Well, I will leave you on your own," he said. 

"You would let something happen to me?" she asked. 

"No, because if something happens to you then I too will suffer," he reminded her. She rested her hand on the bottom of his back. 

"Yes, I remember that," she replied, she took a shaky breath, "I remember that day, that was the one day I cursed our link." He laid next to her and placed his hand on her stomach.

"We nearly lost each other," he said, "but never curse our link what we share is incredibly rare and unique. She turned onto her side and smiled sadly. "Don't look at me like that, we're still here." 

"I know, but I can't help it," she said. Xandar stood and helped her off the ground, together they walked the outskirts of town and took a room in a tavern, it was one of the quieter ones in Nassau. Scar removed her weapons and laid down on the bed. Xandar chuckled, pulled her boots off and placed them next to his. He walked out to the balcony and leant onto the wooden frame. He stared up at the stars and pulled the tie from his hair long black curls fell free around his shoulders and down his back. He looked back through the thin curtain as Scar slept, he was worried that one day that knife on her hip would dig into her as she rested. She murmured as she fidgeted and clutched the pillow tightly. 

A gentle warm breeze washed over Xandar, it rattled the leaves on trees, caught the sand in its invisible grip and created a small tornado.  But Xandar couldn't see the lanterns of the English ships as they came hurtling toward the small island of Nassau. In the morning chaos would erupt to the unexpecting inhabitants. He joined her, laying down on the soft bed and wasn't long till he too joined her in the world of dreams. 

The ships continued sailing toward Nassau. "You remember your target?" The captain asked addressing his men. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro