12. Calvin

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

12. Calvin

I didn't know how many cartons of eggnog I bought in the past couple days because someone was obsessed with it and refused to talk to me until I bought more.

Once again, we ran out in less than a day of it being opened so this time, I was smart and bought more than one carton this time.

When I got home, where Kenny was laying lazily on the couch, I said, "Honey, I'm home."

Kenny, however, didn't reply to me.

"Okay, let me rephrase that," I said. "I'm home from the grocery store, which included buying some eggnog. But not just one carton. I bought five because you're obsessed. Are you ever not going to be obsessed with eggnog?"

"It depends," Kenny said. "Are you ever going to not be obsessed with drama?"

"Uh, are you kidding me?" I asked. "Me, not being obsessed with drama? What kind of animal do you think I am?"

"Well, then there's your answer," Kenny said. "Drama happens all-year round. Eggnog is seasonal, so I can be obsessed with it as much as I want without you judging me."

I walked over to the kitchen and opened the fridge to place the eggnog inside. "You know, you can at least thank me," I said. "Instead of ignoring me whenever we run out of eggnog."

Kenny got up from the couch and walked over to me before kissing me on the cheek. "Thank you. I promise I won't ignore you the next time we run out of eggnog."

"Damn right you won't," I said. "And that's because I'm going to make sure we actually don't run out this time. Seriously, though, you need to get over your obsession with eggnog."

"Seriously, though, you need to get over your obsession with drama."

"Now that's just rude."

"It can go either ways. I told you, eggnog is seasonal, drama is all year. Let me enjoy the delicious drink while it lasts. But thank you, for buy me five cartons and for putting up with me ignoring you because I love eggnog more than I love you."

"Now that's even more rude."

"I'm just kidding," Kenny said, wrapping his arms around my neck. "I love you more than anything."

I gave him a smile. "I love you too, more than mostly everything."

Kenny rolled his eyes before pressing his lips on mine, and my arms went around his waist as I kissed him back. I was so happy to be married to him after everything we went through. When we were in high school, I was so close to losing him.

But I didn't, and now, he was my husband. Things couldn't get any better than this.

Well, it could, if he would ever be up to scoping out drama with me, but he was too good of a person to find amusement in everyone else's despair.

"So, how about we..." I began, but Kenny cut me off.

"No."

"You didn't even know what I was going to say."

"How about we go to the village and scope out some drama?"

"You know me so well," I said. "So...? What do you say?"

"I already said no," Kenny said. "Besides, we just got a lot of eggnog, so I have to make sure it doesn't go bad."

"Can we at least walk around the village?" I asked. "The sun set, so the Christmas lights are up and hanging. And I promise, I won't go scoping at drama. Well, at least new drama. I can't make any promises about saying my opinions for the ones I'm currently witnessing."

Kenny sighed. "Of course you can't. Well, I love how the village looks with all the Christmas lights, so yeah, we can go for a walk."

Poor Kenny didn't know that I was really going to scope out drama.

Well, he did know apparently, because not even a minute into our walk, he told me to stop scoping out drama.

"You know me too well," I said. "Okay, fine, I won't scope out more drama. Besides, there shouldn't be anything new that I don't know of. I'm like the eye of all thing Spruceworth and drama. I love it."

"I don't."

"Go away, you love theatre, so it counts."

"Not really, no."

I just shrugged right as we stopped at the outside of the cafe. "Want some hot chocolate?"

"Well, it's no eggnog, but it's better than nothing," Kenny said.

I chuckled as we walked into the cafe. My husband really had an obsession.

"Dad!" I heard Ace say, and I looked over right in time to see him get off the table he was sitting at with Destiny, Dan, and his siblings. 

He ran over to me and I knelt down to give him a hug. "Hi," I said. "How are you?"

"Meh. Daddy Dan told me not to like drama, so I told him to not like beef jerky. Now he's mad at me."

"Good for you on telling him not to like beef jerky," I said. "You, my son, like drama as much as you want. Live for drama. Even cause drama."

"Uh, no, don't tell him to cause drama," Kenny said. "We don't need anymore people causing drama around Spruceworth."

"Oh, relax, he's only a five year old little kid," I said. "You really think he can cause a lot of damage?"

"If I'm related to you, yes," Ace said.

"What? I don't cause that much drama," I said.

"Sure you don't," Ace said.

Calvin will never not be obsessed with drama.

I'm trying to spam update, but it's not working out well. It doesn't help that I have to go to bed early tonight because I have to wake up at 5:30-ish. 

Save me.

To make me feel better, HERE'S YET ANOTHER SHOLDEN GIF:

Expect either two or three more chapters, depending on how fast I write and how much I get distracted.

But no matter what happens, expect a few deat--drama tomorrow. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro