24 - Ayano

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The One Where a Little Girl Tries to Go Home With You

By the command of your partner, Jiro, you brought two pairs of noise-cancelling headphones to life. For once, you were able to do something right while under the pressure of the possibility of failing.

"COME OUUUUUUUUT! YOU CAN'T HIIIIIIIDE FOREVERRRRRRR!" His screeches drowned out everything else.

Present Mic's blaring voice still stung your ears – you could only imagine how much worse your classmate had it. Think! What could stop your teacher's greatest strength? The answer came to you with a gasp.

"I've never used this before," you muttered as you wrote Mute in the air. "Will it even work on someone like him?" That, on top of the fact that Mic was a great distance from you, made it likely that your little spell would fail. Nevertheless, you sent it his way.

You waved your hand for Jiro to follow you and made your way to the escape. Once close enough, you saw Mic's mouth wide open, but no sound came out. It worked! That was just as well. The headphones wouldn't stand a chance that close to him.

Never having seen him in action before, you had no idea how he fought. You remained frozen in place, looking to Jiro for answers or orders. "Can't you paralyze him with your quirk?" she asked.

Now this was embarrassing. You hadn't been practicing with your quirk for quite a while, so it was a wonder that the Mute was successful. There was no telling if a Paralyze would turn out lucky as well. "Umm... no..." you admitted. Better be honest right off of the bat.

"Let's get the handcuffs on him, then."

You cringed. Running sounded like a much better option, but Jiro seemed so much more sure and confident than you. You nodded. "I'll make a fake pair. We can trick him," you offered. You neatly wrote handcuffs in your tiny notebook and blessed it with life. Six.

Jiro smirked. "You're brighter than I thought."

Was that a compliment or an insult? You were too proud to care. Fueled by your teammate's (kind?) words, you sprinted to Mic. Once you were close enough, you lunged for his wrist, but he effortlessly dodged. As expected. It would take effort to lose against someone like you. But it didn't matter if you couldn't manage to capture him — after all, your handcuffs were fake.

You faked a curse under your breath, as if you were actually disappointed that you missed. You averted your eyes to the escape gate in hopes that Mic would believe you were going to make a run for it. Knowing you, that's exactly what he thought. I've never been good at one-on-one... or two-on-one... or anything, for that matter.

Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Jiro making a break for the escape. What's she planning? You leaped, arms and fingers outstretched, reaching for Mic, but you were far too slow. He already caught Jiro.

As if that wasn't enough, the Mute wore off.

"WOWWWWWW THAT WAS A CLOSE CALL! GOOD THING Y-"

Jiro snapped a genuine handcuff around his wrist with a satisfying click. There was a moment of silence, but it was short lived. Your teammate released Mic, and the two of you ran towards each other. She bore a wide grin on her face, and you matched her excitement. "We passed! Great work, (y/n)!"

"Same to you!" You high-fived her.

I won't get kicked out of the League!

You tried to wipe the smile off of your face, but it was impossible to hide the joy you felt from yours and Jiro's smooth success.

"Waaaaaaw," you said, catching Shoto's attention. "You and Yaoyorozu passed, right? Wish I could've seen it." A cheesy smile set on your face, and you nudged his arm with your own. "How do you think I did?"

"You aced it. With flying colors, I bet," he responded.

You laughed. "How'd you know!"

"You're... unusually happy. More energetic than normal." He nervously chuckled. Was that the right thing to say?

"True!"

Your cheeriness didn't go unnoticed by some of your other classmates that lunch period. Uraraka, siting near you, quickly picked up on your enthusiasm. "Yeah (y/n)! Good job!" You barely knew her, but you were ready to soak up compliments from anyone.

Your walk had a little bounce to it as you and Shoto headed to your home. The skip gradually softened until your high completely wore off. Then your worries came knocking and shoved the events of a few days ago in your face.

"You betrayed UA. You can't turn back now," you abruptly reminded him. You had put off having that conversation with him, but now that the exams were all over... you needed to know what your best friend's intentions were.

He hummed in thought. "I know."

You wanted to feel worried. You truly did. You wanted to tell him that he was foolish, that he was putting himself in danger. But all you felt was relief. You slung an arm around his shoulder and with your other one, you exaggeratedly waved across the sky. "Welcome to the business."

You were too relaxed. It didn't bother you? Did you just not care? Your arm on him didn't soothe him in the least. He let out a gentle laugh to match your nonchalant composure. "Yeah, thanks."

"This is the first time Van has seen (y/n) looking like she knows what she's doing!"

Break Time!

Extra Character Info!
- Wook has dark blue hair
- Him and Van have small eyes
- I chose Hideo and Ayano's names from a baby naming website

And so we continue...

"This is the first time Van has seen (y/n) looking like she knows what she's doing!" A voice squealed from behind Shoto and you.

He whipped around and was met with a small, light blue-haired girl. She had her choppy and uneven bunches of hair clenched in her hands. Her matching blue eyes gazed up at Shoto in awe. Without releasing her hair, she pointed at him. "It's Shoto!"

You jumped and removed yourself from your friend. "What- what are you doing here!?"

"Daddy is out of town. Van wanted to see (y/n)," she said, her eyes switching from you to Shoto and back every couple seconds. She beamed as if finding you was an accomplishment.

"Where did Wook go?" you questioned. You wondered where he would go that required him to leave Van behind.

She pressed her finger against her chin in thought. "To see Van's mother. Far away," she eventually answered.

Her mom!? Her response only flooded your mind with more questions — questions that you decided not to ask. You placed a hand on Shoto's shoulder. "Well, we were heading home, so... see y-"

"Van wants to go! Take Van to (y/n)'s house!" She cheered and bounced up and down.

Your hand tensed, and Shoto felt that. He took initiative. "(Y/n)'s brother will ask who you are and where you came from."

"Van's name is Van, and Van was conceived in Korea! That's what Van will tell him!" She countered. You blinked and tried to keep up with the amount of times she said 'Van.'

"That is not what I meant."

You sighed. With a heavy heart you pushed away your soft spot for the little girl. "Sorry, Van, but not today." There were too many reasons that her wish couldn't be fulfilled, and you were not about to list them all.

You crouched to her level and gently placed your hand on her head. How am I supposed to act like the big person when she's half my size, yet I would lose in a fight against her? "Maybe another time. Go back to the League now..."

"Van doesn't like them. They lie too much," she huffed. "Van doesn't want to go back."

So she ran away? Darn. "When is Wook coming back?"

"Next week." She glanced around and tugged at the hair firmly trapped in her hands. You prepared to say goodbye to her again, but she spoke first.

"A-ya-no."

Attendance Time

If you read this chapter, please comment "here"...
I'd like to know if people actually read this  :]

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro