Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Doyoung's P.O.V

I nervously drummed my fingers on my knee as I looked out of the taxi window. The taxi was small and cramped making me feel claustrophobic. Some lint littered the floor and a stain was on the back of the front seat. It smelt of smoke, considering the driver was a smoker. I wonder why he smokes. Purely of addiction or stress? I decided to stop thinking about it. Along the way we hit some potholes causing the male to mutter an apology, his voice hoarse from smoking so many years. He soon pulled into the large parking lot of the jail and I bit my lip. He pulled up to the front door and I dug in my wallet and paid the amount due and climbed out wishing his a good day. He drove off and I stood in front of the building and took a deep breath. I will be fine. I walked up the stairs and opened the glass door and I walked to the front desk/office and cleared my throat and a guy lifted his head from the newspaper. "H-hello" I managed to squeak out. He looked at me.
"What do I do for you?" He asked.
"I have booked a visit to speak to Jung Yoon Oh" I said and he raised a brow. "I have permission from the owner of the jail, I have the paper if you'd like to see" I said and he waved me off.
"Just go kid, go to the security check" he said. I nodded and walked down the corridor and was met with a short lady at the metal detectors. I placed all my things in a small bucket, along with my shoes and belt. I walked into the advance metal detector and I exited seeing her beckon me forward. I put on my shoes and belt and she smiled at me.
"Visiting?" She asked and I nodded. She handed me a badge that read 'visitor' in big red letters. I placed it around my neck and grabbed my bag and put it on, I was lead down another hallway to a room with gray walls and a small white table with two chairs. The room was considerably large.
"We'll bring him in, get comfortable I guess. You're his first visitor" the guard smirked and left with the other to retrieve the prisoner. I set my bag down on the floor as I sat in the chair and opened it to grab my small notebook and pen and set it on the table. I bounced my knees and put my hands between my thighs feeling cold even though I was wearing a sweater. I heard thumping and the door was slammed open causing me to jump.
"Wow you're so aggressive, at least take me on a date first before you handle me like this" I heard a deep voice say I looked to see Yoon Ho.
"Shut you fucker" one guard said and pushed him into the chair and he laughed. The guards stood against the door watching and I felt intimidated. Yoon Ho finally looked at me and placed his cuffed hands on the table.
"Why aren't you beautiful" he smiled. He remembered the boss saying Yoon Ho was awfully flirty. I cleared my throat.
"Thank you for the compliment, Mr. Jung" I said and he let out a laugh, he pushed back his chestnut colored hair with a handsome dimpled smile. It's different, normally murderers are portrayed a certain way. Ugly, monstrous, psychopaths, but Yoon Ho didn't fit any of these descriptions so far. I offered a hand across the short table and he raised a brow. "It's nice to meet you Yoon Ho, my name is Kim Doyoung, but please call me Doyoung" I said with a smile and the guards looked at me funny. Yoon Ho stared at my hand and I almost retreated it but he raised his own, his other following due to the restraints and they clanked on the table and he took my hand and shook it.
"Call me Jaehyun" he said with a smile and I nodded retreating my hand but he grabbed it quickly and the guard grabbed his baton and Jaehyun smirked at him. I managed to suppress a blush. "It's cute you know" he said and looked back at me "that you think I'd tell you anything" he smirked and I gulped. I sighed. I used my other hand to toss my notebook and pen in my bag.
"How about no notes" I said and he looked at me funny. Maybe he wants privacy, he hasn't seen anyone from outside for two years. I looked at the guards. "Could you give us privacy?" I asked and they let out a howl of laughs and I didn't laugh. Just stared at them, hoping they would take me seriously. The soon stopped.
"Are you serious kid?" One asked. He was slightly older than the over, his cheeks plump and belly over his belt. The typical cop the have in cartoons eating donuts. I nodded.
"It's not like I can do anything. Security checked me, even if I tried to do something I would utterly fail. I hope you respect my decision to have a private conversation" I said politely.
"How about no handcuffs" Jaehyun said with a smirk.
"That's pushing it, just yell if you need anything" and with that the two guards walked out and I retracted my hand from his seeing he's distracted. I set my elbows on the table and laced my finger and rested my chin on them. I studied him. His chestnut hair looks soft, his dark eyes were focused on his nail as he looked down at his hand, his complexion beautiful.
"It's not nice to stare" he said and suddenly his eyes met mine. I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand but I dismissed it.
"I suppose you're right" I said and looked away "how are you? Doing well?" I asked and he snorted.
"You're acting like you know me" he leaned back in his chair.
"The newspaper and media described you, filtering things down or over exaggerating everything" I shrugged. "But I rather hear from you. Not as a prisoner, not as a killer but you. You're human aren't you?" I asked as I leaned in my eyes piercing into his. He rolled his eyes.
"No I'm a goddamn vampire" he said sarcastically. Sometimes sarcasm is used to cover things or to seem unaffected by things. I wonder if he's putting up a barrier.
"I used to believe in vampires when I was younger" I said easing into the topic of childhood. "I believed monsters were under my bed, shadows in the dark. I never favored the dark" I said and looked down a little embarrassed about being so honest.
"That's cute" he said bluntly.
"Do you like the dark Jaehyun?" I asked and he shrugged. "It must get dark here I assume" I wondered mostly to myself.
"And why do you care? Just tell me what you want from me" he said as he let his cuffed hands rest on the table shifting them so I heard the drag on metal on the table. I looked to see the guards put them on him a bit tight and I frowned. I got up and he frowned. I opened the door and looked at one of the officers.
"Done already?" He said smugly and I shook my head no.
"Can you loosen his cuffs? They seem to be digging into his skin" I whispered "or take them off completely. He's harmless" I said and he laughed loudly and then realized I was serious.
"God you're annoying" he said and pushed his way past me causing me to stumble backwards a bit.
"Hey be gentle!" Jaehyun yelled and the man unlocked the cuffs and took them and slammed the door behind him and I sighed and sat back down.
"Are you okay now? That looked uncomfortable" I said.
"Why do you care for me?" He asked and I smiled.
"Hm, because I want to. Maybe I felt bad seeing your wrist like that" I said and he chuckled darkly.
"Don't you care about the person I killed?" He asked with a smirk.
"Your father?" I asked and he slammed his fist on the table and I flinched.
"He is not my father" he said with so much anger in his tone.
"Alright, he is not" I said. I looked at his wrist and saw a small cut from the handcuffs and reached forward and took his wrist and he flinched.
"The hell are you doing?" He asked and I hovered the pad of my thumb over the mark tracing it.
"You know, some people desire touch. Not anything sexually. They desire to feel loved even if it's unconditional, but that need crumbles when mistreated" I said softly and he stayed quiet "as humans, we are weak. So weak, some more than others. Our brain works in mysterious ways, sometimes it blocks out the trauma and pain and replaces it with nothing. Personally, I feel emotional pain is the worse pain" I ranted. He then suddenly intertwined our fingers. And I frowned. Should I pull away?
"You sure do talk a lot bunny" he said with a smirk as he seemed unaffected by my words. I gulped.
"B-bunny?" I asked and he nodded.
"You look like one." He said. "Why aren't you scared of me? I could easily pound your head into this table, choke you to death to the point the guards wouldn't notice" he said slowly, threatening. Threats are used as a self-defense tactic.
"Sure you can, you could kill me in an instant and I wouldn't be able to fight back. But I know you're not dangerous Jaehyun" I said.
"What do you know about me?" He asked, he's aggravated.
"I study the human brain, what makes it work, how things can affect it" I said.
"You ramble" he said and I nodded.
"Perhaps. Do you like studying anything?" I asked and he pulled his hand away letting it linger and folded his arms.
"No, I was never good at school" he shrugged. I nodded. He then chuckled "am I just a lab experiment to you? Something you can study?" He asked and leaned forward with a smirk. Fuck I must be acting like it.
"No, it's more of my curiosity" I said.
"Curiosity killed the cat babe" he said.
"And cats have nine lives. This is only one" I said smiling.
"I killed my father and yet you are here acting like we're friends" he scoffed rolling his eyes "I'm a monster just like the news says" he smirked.
"You're not a monster to me Jaehyun" I said and he looked at me like I was crazy "you're simply a young man who has unfortunately had a bad past. By the way you act, the way you ever so lightly flitch when I even move close, I can tell you suffered from abuse. Snapping back at me with rudeness, covering things by flirting or making jokes, tells me you've had to cover things up before. Maybe you're scared of getting hurt, you've been through emotion abu-" I was saying but then he launched across the table and grabbed my collar.
"What do you want from me? Why don't you run from me? What do you wonder?" He seethed.
"You killed him because you couldn't handle the pain anymore Jaehyun, it was self-defense and that is why you aren't here for as long."
"And what happens when I get out huh? Maybe I'll come after you" he said and his grip started to loosen. I let a smile rise to my lips.
"You wouldn't do that" you can barley bring up the murder" I said and raised my hand to brush the bangs out of his face and kept my hand on the side of his head gently holding his bangs "I want to know what you think, how you feel. I can't help but have a soft spot for you. Call me crazy but you're so much more than the so called 'monster' the media describes you as Jaehyun. You don't fit that description, you're just a lonely soul who couldn't find the help he needed and slowly pushed to the edge. Human emotions are fragile, and I'm sorry yours were shattered..." I slowly said with a whisper focusing on him completely. God I'm out of my mind. My friends have always called me a bit insane, but how can we live if we don't have a little bit of insanity? I'm just curious. I've never had the desire to hurt anyone, quite the opposite.
"You're crazy" he said.
"You're right, I am. I've heard it from my peers and professors" I let my hand drop and he dropped his grip on my collar and sat back down. He mumbled something. "Sorry?" I said and he met my eyes.
"I like you, you're interesting and the guards out there are no company. Visit me again" he said and I smiled.
"Of course, perhaps we can be pen pals?" I asked and he laughed.
"You must be old-schooled huh?"
"Not really" I laughed. The guard came in and signaled time was up and I shook Jaehyun's hand and left with a wave.

What have I done to myself?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro