Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Jimin's POV

After dropping off the box of food at one of the food banks, I drive past an appliances store and I simply cannot resist the urge to go, the memory of her old and burnt microwave going rampant in my mind.

Not just that, but I did catch sight of her vacuum too, the old thing must spit out fire whenever she uses it and... there are no words to describe how much I want to cry, she deserves so much better.

There are no decorations in her home, I would never say that to her in person but fuck... everything she owns is trash, they all lived with four different families before ending up with her and that's already too much.

It's trash and I hate the fact that it is because I'm sure it was so hard for her to acquire those things, the knowledge that I gained from Yoongi enough to have me nearly bawling my eyes out on the road earlier.

She survived breaking a mate bond, she survived a toxic marriage, she survived abusive coworkers, so what's this? Why does she have to live in such conditions?

I park near the entrance of the huge building and then make some space on the back seats because I know I'm going to be buying a lot here, let alone the food that will surely fill the trunk, there's much to do, so much to get.

Once done, I lock the car and make my way to the area besides the front automatic doors to grab a cart, knowing full well that it's not going to be enough, but like I said, I'll come back here a second time if I need to, she will have the new appliances no matter what. Even her toaster is done and over with, it's been functioning for far too long.

Maybe I see them all as trash because I'm used to the top quality that money can offer but it doesn't matter, if I have it, then she'll have it too although I would prefer she has it at a better apartment, who the fuck pays a thousand on rent for such a dump?

I shake my head to ease my anger, I can see some heads turning my way at my scent and I don't have time to deal with someone running after me to make me wear a scent blocker because I'm disrupting their good time, I don't want to wear one unless it's very urgent and needed, which is not the case at the moment.

It's with that in mind that I start walking in the direction where I will find what I'm looking for and once in the first alley that holds what I need, I start carefully selecting only the best of the best, when I find the same brands that we use at home, I take the most expensive out of the lot, that and the prettiest when possible.

I want her to feel proud of what she has even if I'm sure it will take her a while to reach that point, but when she finds out that everything she had before is gone, she won't have much of a choice.

That helps put a small smile on my face. Just imagining her face when she finds a new tv in her living room, or the new dish rack that will be much more efficient than the one she currently has by the sink, the new cotton pad underneath that has some similar flowers to the ones of her bedroom rug, I can't help but feel excited about showing it all to her.

From a shower caddy to a good cookware set, there's nothing my eyes miss, everything reminding me of what she has, it's enough to have me fill the cart until I can barely see what's in front of me anymore and still then, I easily come to the conclusion that I will need to come back, I didn't find everything I wanted.

Maybe I should take it easy, but I can't, I literally cannot let her keep most of the things I saw so I confidently walk to the first cash register I see, watch as the employee's eyes widen at seeing everything I got, the poor, if only they knew that I'll be back later.

It requires some teamwork to scan everything but once that's done, I quickly grab my black card, which shocks the human once more before I run off with the purchases, everything fitted into the car before I make my way to the grocery store.

Knowing that her home will be much better once I'm done spending money today, it has me feeling better about everything, maybe it can help her feel more motivated? Who knows if she was trying to save what little money she had to buy some new appliances?

Doing it for her will allow her to use that money for something else, hopefully on herself, maybe some clothes or something of the kind... gosh now I want to take her shopping too, that outfit I'd gotten her last week looked perfect on her, I want to get her more.

It doesn't help that it's the collection I designed myself so seeing it on her... it's giving me shivers, my heart is having butterflies just at the thought. Maybe I should call Maggie and ask her to get me everything available in Y/N's size so I can pick them up on the way back.

You know what? That sounds like a wonderful idea, but maybe I should keep that for another day. She's going to freak out if I overdo it, today is not a good day to overwhelm her, explaining everything I got her today without her knowing about it first will be enough as it is.

I sigh and purse my lips as I reach the desired grocery store. Her makeover can wait just a little bit longer, I should make it so that she doesn't feel like avoiding me anymore first.

Yeah, that would be a good place to start.

Your POV

I wake up to the sound of a door opening, bags and some dragging on the floor that makes me frown, because that is not normal.

I live alone, so why is there noise in my home when I'm in bed? Is Yoongi having a party all by himself? Is he still here at all?

Maybe I should start with that, if this is a burglar... well the sight of me should be enough to have them running away.

My mind wakes up much faster than usual for obvious reasons, the nap that feels like it lasted years already behind me as I force myself out of bed with a light groan before opening the door to find...

Jimin closing the front door behind him with one foot.

That's totally normal, it makes sense, yes.

I stare at the alpha who's carrying what appears to be a new trash bin in his arms, his body frozen like an ice statue when our eyes meet, and when Yoongi comes back to grab what remains of opened boxes on the floor, he himself also freezes when he notices me now awake and staring at them in confusion.

I can see the panic on their face, they clearly wanted to be done with whatever it is that they're doing before I could see but now here I am, completely disrupting their plans that consist of what... are they replacing my possessions? Was my trash bin that bad that Jimin needed to get a new one?

"You're sleepwalking, you should go back in bed" Jimin blurts out all of a sudden and I bring my gaze back to him with a raised eyebrow, what nonsense is he saying now?

I watch as he gulps at my lack of reaction before giving me a silly smile, trash bin handed to Yoongi who hurries back to the kitchen to flee my grasp while the other alpha carefully steps closer to me before stopping a few feet away.

"How... how do you feel? Yoongi told me about what happened, he wanted me to come because he didn't know if he could take care of you well considering the state you were in but... I can leave if you want, I won't insist on staying if it makes you uncomfortable".

He sounds so nervous as he speaks, he clearly doesn't want to go but the fact that he's offering me the choice anyway, and I know he would respect my decision if I were to tell him that I want him gone, it has me hesitating before I shake my head slowly, much to his relief, he relaxes slightly.

"No it's... I mean I didn't expect to see you here, especially not caught walking in with a trash bin but... you're not... unwelcome" I mumble, the events of the day muted and locked out of reach so for now, I can't say I feel too bad, most of my emotions are in a grey zone, I'm just mostly confused by what is happening.

His eyes light up at my words, his arms raising for a hug that he quickly denies himself when he turns away from me with a self-condemning frown, I can't help but grin at the sight, why is he already managing to make me smile without even trying?

Yoongi tries to walk towards the back door with a huge box without being noticed but I glance at him anyway and he stares back at me feeling very awkward, especially when my eyes fall on said box that shows the image of a... tv?

What?

It's only at that moment that I take a look around me to find that it's clean, incredibly clean, the mess I didn't feel able to take care of completely gone as if it never was to begin with.

The air feels fresher and it smells very good, the lighted candle on the dining table letting me know that it's the source, or maybe it's simply adding to what's already seeping out of the man still standing in front of me.

The scent is light, but it's there and for surprising but also obvious reasons, it smells of cedarwood.

An alpha is trying to make my home smell like him and I find that strange, incredibly strange, although it is also comforting. My wolf settles happily, as if it believes that we're currently being taken care of by pack, which I know better than to admit because I know very well that they are not pack.

I clear my throat and leave my doorway and around Jimin to walk further into the living room under their cautious eyes, and when my attention falls on the wall facing the couch to find a large and fancy looking tv mounted on the wall, I pause, brain lagging because that's not mine, what is this?

I have never seen something so expensive out of a shop before, much less so in my own home, but my confusion doesn't end there, no, not when I can see from here the kitchen that doesn't look like my kitchen, because not only is it fully clean and free of dirty dishes, my worst nightmare, it's also filled with new items that I'm seeing here for the first time.

Is that a new microwave?

Maybe Jimin is right and I'm sleepwalking, none of this makes sense and I have absolutely no idea how to feel about what I'm seeing, am I supposed to get mad that they took the liberty of changing the state of my home without asking me or am I supposed to be happy about it?

I walk closer and take in everything, the new dish rack with the cute cotton pad underneath, the new spice organizer by the window, the new toaster, the blender, the coffee machine, there are even cute cups hanging from under the cupboard, cups that would make my morning slightly better just by holding them, and it's only when I walk to the sink that I grow aware of the cozy carpet under my feet.

I look down to find a cream colour that is brought to life with some pastel coloured strands running across the surface, I am left completely speechless as I turn around to stare at the two sheepish alphas who stare at me with nervous anticipation.

Did they do all that? I can barely recognize this room that used to exhaust me because it never stayed clean for long enough, or maybe it is I who never fully cleans it the way I should, not that I don't try, my mind just hurts when I try too hard.

I bring my gaze to the counter in front of me to find a warm loaf of bread and some muffins besides it and just like in the living room, I can smell a candle burning, one that rests on the console table facing the kitchen counter with some cute plants besides it that don't look fake, they look like the type that grow flowers, what is going on?

"You guys did all this while I was sleeping?" I ask in disbelief, home has never felt so... peaceful, like I can finally relax and take it easy without having to try and ignore what I don't want to see.

Why would they do so much for me? Not only getting me those new fancy appliances but also cleaning up the place, it must have been such an hassle and it doesn't add up in my mind.

Yoongi is my boss, I clean his company building yet he came to my home and cleaned it up for me along with Jimin, an alpha I've known for one hour at most?

"We wanted to help, it felt wrong leaving things as they were so... yeah, we cleaned up together and then Jimin proceeded to go shopping while I would take care of putting away the things he would come back with, your fridge and the pantry... we filled them with good food, you won't have to worry about that for a while" Yoongi explains softly, as if speaking any louder would get me mad, or in a mood that they would rather avoid.

My emotions are a swirl of mixed colours within me and I remain unsure of how I even feel for a good minute before I feel the burning of tears poking at my lashes, the sudden urge to hug them tightly while thanking them profusely taking over because no one has ever done this for me before, never.

They are technically strangers to me, they barely know me as I do them and yet, they've done more for me than the person who I was supposed to mean the world to ever did, all of that, and for what? What do they gain from doing this?

I swallow down my emotions before bringing my gaze back to Yoongi, a lack of answers in my head causing me to turn wary the more I think about it.

"Why?" I ask him, watch as the two alphas share a look of hesitation before letting their eyes fall on me once more, at my wary stance, the doubt in my eyes and my arms slightly wrapping around myself in defense a sight that breaks their heart.

"Do we need a reason other than - because you deserve it - or - because we wanted to - ?" Jimin says, words that have me swallowing thickly, because... I deserve it? What have I done to deserve anything of the kind?

"I can't repay you for all this, if you're seeking anything in exchange for t-" Jimin quickly shakes his head as he steps forward to take my hands in his, it shuts me up quickly as I tense up, somehow expecting for his touch to annoy me, except it doesn't.

His hands are warm and I feel myself relax a little, his scent wafting around me as it merges with Yoongi's scent, it causes my body to go a little wobbly with the pheromones they exude and he tightens his hold on my hands when he realizes that I'm not going to try and bite his fingers off.

"Y/N, darling, we don't want anything in exchange, we just want you to have a clean environment with functional everyday devices, alright? We don't want anything from you if not for a smile, a sincere one, and it doesn't have to be now, it really doesn't, we just want to help you however way we can" he tells me with a kind smile, it makes me so confused, such good intentions are unknown to me so I don't know how to react.

It's the same with In-yeop and Dal too, but the two alphas currently in my home have taken it a step further, they managed to put a foot in the doorway to stop the door from closing.

"Y/N, you don't owe us anything, okay? We're aware that this is happening out of the blue, we're taking you by surprise with this so just blame it on our wolves wanting to give a lonely and wounded omega the best of the best, okay?" Yoongi adds as if he could see right through me and I slowly nod my head, this I can believe, this I want to believe.

"Thank you... seriously, you didn't have to" I mumble, to which they both beam with a pleased nod of the head, this isn't going quite as bad as they were ready for.

"It's a pleasure, darling, it truly is. Now for your information, our phone numbers are written on the board on your fridge, okay? Don't erase them and add them into your phone, you set me as your emergency contact and you take it easy for the rest of the day, alright? Yoongi and I will leave to give you some space but if there is anything, anything at all, you let us know" Jimin muses and I purse my lips tightly to contain my tears before nodding my head again.

To have an alpha offering to be my emergency contact... that's the sweetest way of saying that he wants to be responsible of me. It's not overbearing, nor does it leave a bad taste in my mouth, it brings only warmth to my soul and it's something I hadn't felt in a long time.

I stare at Yoongi as he walks past me and when he stops to ruffle my hair softly, I don't see the scary CEO that everyone is terrified of, I see a gentle alpha with a terribly big heart.

"I'm very sorry about what was said to you today, Y/N. Those girls... they won't be back so you don't have to worry about them, okay? I'll inform your supervisor that you won't be back to work today so stay at home and rest some more. This is little to compensate for the pain you had to go through but... Jimin and I, we're right behind you. Do lean on us when you need it, we're one call or message away".

"Thank you" is all I manage to say, the lump heavy in my throat, anymore and I'll really start crying, they can hear it in my voice and it makes them soften, it tells them a lot about how I currently feel about what they did.

Yoongi then suddenly points at my couch with a perplexed face, as if in a mean to help me recover, but he also looks extremely serious about it.

"Now, tell me what's its problem? I sat down earlier and it hurt me, your couch attacked me and I believe that was unwarranted, I did nothing wrong to it".

It's so random and unexpected that I let out a giggle at his question and Jimin joins me in my laughter happily, especially since it has to do with his boyfriend, he can't help but want to tease the man he loves, it shows on his face.

"Oh hyung, I guess the couch chooses who gets to sit on it, did you try to pet it first? Did you introduce yourself? Don't you know it's rude to sit on someone else's couch without asking it for permission first?".

I watch as the older alpha frowns at Jimin and feel my lips stretch into an amused smile.

"You go and sit on it then, see for yourself" to which the younger alpha simply shrugs. "Sure, I can do that".

And so we observe as Jimin walks confidently to the couch before bowing to it elegantly. "Dear Y/N's couch, if you might allow me, my legs are in need of a break and I would be delighted if you could allow my bottom to sit on your inviting cushions".

I cover my mouth to try and quiet down my worsening laughter but it only seems to make the alphas smile more, their scents bright and joyous, now that's much better than the tears they both saw me shed.

When Jimin fully sits down on the couch, it's easy to see that he already forgot about Yoongi's mention of it being painful because the next second, he's jumping back up to his feet with a yelp and round eyes, a hand to his hurt butt, I fall into giggles again while Yoongi crosses his arms over his chest with his chin held high, he's giving off - I fucking told you - energy and I find that hilarious.

"Darling! You can't sit on this dangerous villain couch, it's so painful, what the heck!" Jimin exclaims before rushing to stand behind me, as if needing protection from the furniture.

An alpha is hiding behind an omega because of a couch, I've seen everything now.

I sigh and shake my head, I know what he means but it's the best I could afford when I got divorced and I haven't managed to save up enough money for a new one yet, couches are so expensive that it's almost scary.

"It's not that bad, there's a way to sit down without it hurting but you have to know the right spots. It's the same with my mattress, I added more layers of blankets to make sure I could sleep comfortably, it's all good, you get used to it at some point" I mindlessly blurt out, half of me forgetting for a moment that they refurnished my home, I should've known better than to blurt that out.

"Yeah okay, I'm taking the rest of the day off and I'm taking her shopping, this is unacceptable" Jimin states after a moment of silence and I pause before turning around to stare at him in shock, what?

"I just told you that it's fine, it really is, the blankets are fluffy and all" I try to counter but he shakes his head and wraps an arm around my shoulders, relishes in the way my heart skips a beat while Yoongi contemplates whether to come or not, which I can answer before he does, I just know he's going to come too, his eyes already flash with interest.

"I think I know where we could go for that, they have a great range of choices and they also have a lot of decoration items so we could get a few things as well, I think you'd like it there, Y/N. We can take your car Jiminie, I don't feel like driving".

"Sounds like a plan, let's go!" Jimin exclaims before pulling me with him to the front door, resisting him completely useless when my feet slide on the floor as I try to pull back, what the heck!

"Stop resisting, young girl! Comfort is important and if your nest is only there to make your mattress tolerable, then you need a better one! That and a proper couch, I can't believe it, who sold that to you? They clearly lied about its state or something, no one should ever have to sit on that thing" he says with a shake of the head as he opens the door after I've been forced to wear my shoes, Yoongi behind me to make sure I can't run away, my key between his fingers before he locks the door behind us.

"You're not wrong but-" "Adding 'but' after saying something only means you're going to go against your first point, you said I'm not wrong, stick with this one, you can't change your mind" Jimin stops me, very intent on having me agree with him while we walk - or more like he pulls me - to his car.

"I was not! I just wanted to say that it's a lot of money and you've already spent more than enough on me!" I try but Jimin huffs and points at their cars before staring at me with a quirked eyebrow.

"Darling, look at this, look at Yoongi's car, look at mine, do we look like we can't afford a couch and a mattress?".

I open my mouth before closing it, that's not what I said, but he's also kind of countering my comment well so what am I supposed to do when he eagerly makes me sit at the front seat before going around the car while Yoongi sits behind me?

This is all very new for me, to be given the opportunity to get something of quality instead of the cheaper options, especially for someone to be excited about offering that possibility as if they're the ones being given presents instead of me.

When I was married, what my ex would always go for was the cheapest of the lot. It didn't have to look good, it just had to be cheap because he didn't like the idea of wasting money on such things, especially not if it meant a lot to me.

What he preferred doing instead with his money was to put it all into his saving account so that he could buy a house as soon as possible. Going to the restaurant for a nice evening outside so I could have a break from cooking? Too expensive.

No, a stupid house, he was obsessed and that was in turn the source of a lot of my anxiety attacks.

At random times, he'd show me a garbage with a roof at a frighteningly low price saying that he could renovate it himself, that it would be good for us, better than the apartment he claimed was a greater loss of money for his pockets and I would suddenly hate the future awaiting me, I'd just feel like throwing up because I knew he was serious about it.

He would never try to listen when I'd tell him that such prices often mean there will be hidden surprises that he will not be able to renovate himself, that then he'd freak out over the costs thrown his way that he would not be able to avoid and that would in turn make him even more of a penny pincher, which honestly would have been a nightmare.

He'd just say that he would have a look at the house well, he'd make sure that wouldn't happen but he was blind to even the most obvious, the crooked house didn't look crooked at all in his eyes, all he saw was an investment, a way to get his money back in his pockets instead of in someone else's.

He never took the time to listen to me, even when I tried to be gentle while explaining to him that he was lost in delusions, that it was understandable because the idea of a house was great but he'd always shake his head and sigh at me saying that I couldn't possibly know what I was talking about.

He makes house plans, obviously he would know more than I do, so why should he listen to me, right?

I hope he buys the most rotten house to ever be on the market when he finally gets enough money for one, that would be little compensation to know him swimming in debts, especially since he doesn't know how to swim.

How could he possibly learn when there were so many nearly naked women in the water? His eyes would have been tainted if he so much as looked at them, heck, he would always judge my lack of reaction when I'd see a man without a shirt on, his religious background was heavy to endure a lot of the time.

For someone who wanted to be a good man, he did a whole lot of the opposite, but that too, he wouldn't even try to see, he was blinded by his own desires, always his stupid desires over my own, his needs over my own, his-

"Y/N? Hey, what's wrong sweets?".

I jostle out of my thoughts at the sound of Yoongi's voice, his hand soft over my arm as he rubs it to get me back to the present and I blink in confusion as I notice our surroundings to find that we've arrived at destination, the car now parked and turned off with Jimin and Yoongi both frowning at me in concern.

Did we already get here? I want to say something but then I notice the decaying stink to my whipped cream and it has my heart rising in my throat and a gag nearly pushing out.

Fuck, it happened again, that disgusting scent of mine.

I quickly open the door and undo my seat belt before getting out of the vehicle, a few quick steps away to keep them from smelling this atrocity, yet it doesn't stop them from coming after me in a hurry when I sit down by a lamp post nearby, deep inhales of the fresh air to keep myself from getting sick while I focus away from the matter that had my scent turn bad in the first place.

"Y/N hey, talk to us, darling, what happened?" Jimin asks softly when he kneels down in front of me, this feels like a repeat of last Friday, gosh I'm such a mess.

I shake my head and exhale, another inhale filled with the two alphas' scents, they're doing their best to push theirs out to keep my attention away from mine, they can see that it's making me turn a sickly paleness so they swarm me with cedarwood and lavender green tea until it's all I can smell, they'll be the perfume that covers the natural scent if they have to.

They'll do anything it takes as long as I don't get sick over my own scent that speaks of a pain which's source they're unsure about.

"You two... you're being so nice and it's... it keeps pushing me back in the past and I can't help but compare everything, I just don't understand why you're so willing to do what my own mate couldn't do for me" I murmur out and they tense up at the mention of the one they both want to rip apart.

Yoongi sits down next to me and thinks for a moment before taking one of my hands in his, his gaze grazing over my knuckles as he strokes them, so soft under his thumbs, he doesn't believe he could ever get enough of my softness.

"Do you want to talk about it? We're good listeners. We can also curse him as much as you want, your friends at work told me a little about your divorce after you left, they said that you broke the bond between the two of you".

I duck my head into my shoulders at his words and him and Jimin automatically fall into soothing mode when my scent gains in intensity. I can't believe they know about this, it's so humiliating and I don't want them to think bad of me because of this, it's so frowned upon by the world after all.

"We're not against it, darling, we know that sometimes it's inevitable, you did what you could for your own well-being and that was very brave of you, please don't be ashamed of it" Jimin tries to reassure me as he goes to hold my other hand tightly, their warm fingers around mine clashing with what my mind wants me to believe, why are they always taking my side?

"Jimin is right, little one, you did what was best for you and that was not wrong of you. You had to defend yourself and you did well, don't let ignorant people take that victory from you" Yoongi adds gently and I take in a shaky inhale, it feels good to hear that coming from them, it makes my rotten scent more bearable as it slowly turns back into its sweeter self.

"I don't know if I would call it a victory, but it was a matter of survival alright..." I mumble before shrugging lightly, lungs filled with their calming scents helping me to feel more in control of my emotions, who knew alphas could be so grounding?

I guess that's why packs are so important, why In-yeop always feels so restless about my solitude. There are some things that only alphas can do for omegas and I was never allowed that kind of soothing outside of him before, heck, I never allowed myself that kind of soothing until now.

With Jimin and Yoongi, it feels... different, slightly more intimate than the friendship that I know my work colleague finds precious between the two of us and it's a confusing feeling because them caring so much about me, Jimin wanting to be my emergency contact, it shows an interest that I'm not sure if I can accept, but I also don't want to push them away.

I feel like I can trust them, they wouldn't hurt me the way I know people can, they feel safe and I want to bath in that warmth for longer, even if I know it'll probably end with more pain for me at some point. Right now, I just want to soak in this moment.

I stare up at the two of them, gaze into their patient eyes as they smile encouragingly at me, maybe I can allow them to understand a little more about how I feel right now, I feel like I can trust them with my vulnerability, they're sweet and gentle enough to cradle it carefully into their hands without hurting me.

"My relationship with money is... harsh, you could say that it's a huge source of stress and pain for me, and that mainly comes from my ex husband. He hated spending money on me and he always made sure I would know" I start, words that get their attention, not that I ever lost it, I simply get to feel the light squeeze their fingers do around mine in reaction to my words.

"He would never in all of my life have brought me here without making me feel terrible about it. Getting a new couch and a new mattress from a brand store?" I huff softly, I can hear him, see him, I can even smell his sour scent as if he were right next to me.

"He would have done his best to make me feel guilty and selfish and then he would have used that as one more reason as to why he should have a right over my body, he would have used that as blackmail to get what he wanted, that's the kind of treatment I'm used to".

The two alphas feel a growl build up in their throat, who in their right mind wouldn't want to spoil their mate?

That's what they enjoy the most, buying surprises that will bring a smile to the face of the people they love, Jungkook's bunny smile, Taehyung's shy grin, Jin's silence and marveled eyes, Namjoon's dimples peeking out as he blushes with delight, Hoseok's happy laughter filling the room as he proceeds to show off his new present, they live for that daily occurrence.

They can't imagine getting mad for something as beautiful as a - hey, I thought of you when I saw this and I just knew I had to get it for you, I love you - it was in their belief that most mated wolves felt the same so to hear the opposite, needless to say it has them in complete disbelief.

"Was he always like that?" Jimin asks, he can't believe I would even fall in love with someone like that, mates or not, but when I shake my head, the image of the past becomes clearer to his mind, Yoongi frowns too, such cases not unknown to him, he absolutely hates people like my ex.

"No, at first he was very caring, bought me things and said that he would take good care of me, he made me feel safe and loved, he'd buy me food to help me because I didn't have a lot of money, that kind of thing" I say with a sad smile, a sigh leaving me before I continue.

"There were some signs I should've noticed before the wedding but I was blinded with love, I thought these were random arguments that would pass. A few weeks before the wedding day, he let me know that him buying me food was only so that I could feed him as well, we weren't even married yet and he already expected of me to take care of him and I'd just do it without complaining, I didn't feel the right to.

I wasn't comfortable because I felt like my liberty was taken from me before it was even time but I did it anyway because he was buying me the food, you know? How was I supposed to say no when he was doing it for me? I should have realized that he was just using me to his advantage but between all the good things he would do, I couldn't pay enough attention to the red flags that should've ringed a bell in my mind".

"Well he sounds like an absolute prick, he manipulated his own mate into being his personal servant? That sounds terrible, how could his conscience be okay with this? His wolf just let him be?" Yoongi lets out followed by a growl, I hum with a nod of the head.

"Yeah, he's a narcissistic manipulator, that was a granted behavior for him. For his wolf, it was all about its own survival, having a mate raised its own comfort and that's all it needed. It was never about taking care of me, it was about assuring itself a constant care, my ex wasn't aware of his behavior, he didn't want to see it, as most narcissistic people do.

You'll never find them admitting their mistakes with the mindset of apologizing sincerely, they'll apologize with the mindset of getting their way, otherwise they'd just find a way to turn the blame on you to protect themselves. I've had first-hand experience with this so I'm pretty well acquainted with the way they function" I answer lightly, they both scoff with anger.

"What a scumbag... I can't believe such people exist" Jimin mumbles lowly, his scent and Yoongi's shifting to reflect how affected they are by what I said, it lowers the burden on my heart just a little bit.

Yoongi pats my hand, his lips pursed into a frown. "What you experienced, Y/N, that wasn't anything like what a love between mates should be. Mates want to take care of their lover at all cost, they want to make them happy and loved, not break them.

You getting out of that relationship, that was the right thing to do, you deserve so much better than that, I feel terrible that you couldn't experience the real love of a mate. You should've had what Jimin and I have, not what this awful guy had to offer".

So they are mates then? I wasn't sure, but it makes sense, the way they stare at each other, it felt more than simple love. It makes me a little jealous, how different would my life have been like if my ex mate would have loved me the way they love each other?

"Well, it's done and over with, he's behind me and so is the whole prospect of having a mate of my own, I guess that kind of love is just not for me. One day I'll get myself a cat and I'll be known as the cat lady" I muse before standing up without their help, their hands still hovering around me in case I would trip or fall.

Talking about it with them, to have their approval, that I did the right thing, it makes me feel a whole lot better about everything, it feels much better than keeping all of this in my head.

Maybe I should've done that sooner, it's not like In-yeop and Dal weren't open to hearing my story, I just didn't want to bother them so I told them only the strict minimum, the surface of the wound.

"Maybe the Moon Goddess will grant you a second mate one day, darling, don't lose hope. Surely the next one will treat you like a Queen, as they must. You're just like Cinderella, you had to struggle before finding your shine, you need your fairy Godmother to give you a hand now that you fled this villain step-mother" Jimin claims and I giggle at his words, now if that isn't a romantic way of describing my life.

"And tell me, Jimin, where will I find that fairy Godmother, hm?" I ask with sass, not expecting much out of this, a mistake, truly, a simple one but a mistake nonetheless.

Jimin and Yoongi both stare at each other before a smirk starts stretching their lips, my smile falls as it dawns on me, oh no.

They both stare at me with stars in their eyes before pointing at their own selves.

"You've got her right here, darling, twice at that. We'll give you the life that is required of royalty, we'll make you shine so much that you'll blind everyone else, we'll do that for you".

Oh great, just great.

"Or you can just be normal frien-" "And that starts here with a new couch and mattress, let's go!".

Jimin doesn't let me finish my sentence as he starts pulling me along with him towards the store and just like that, with Yoongi laughing behind us as I try to convince a deaf man that I don't need two fairy Godmothers, the next chapter of my life begins in the strangest of ways.

"Maybe we should change your oven too, your fridge was kind of loud too, don't you think? We should have a look for that next".

Oh dear... someone freezes his bank account, please.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro