Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chat Noir's POV

OK.

I can do this.

Come on Adrien, be a man!

I tapped on Marinette's window. I was going to make this right... even if she didn't know it was, well, me. If she didn't want to see Adrien, then Chat Noir had to step in. Now that I was standing on her balcony, tapping on her window, I was starting to wonder if she was over the whole Lady Luck thing. I knew that she didn't remember anything, but being akumatized is still a dramatic experience.

After a few taps, I finally heard shuffling from down below and the window was opened, revealing the beautiful ravenette I had come to fall in love with. She looked right at me, but I didn't see that shimer of blue in her eyes anymore. They didn't glow. All the happiness that had been in them before was gone.

"What do you want, Chat Noir?" She wasn't mean about asking that, but it wasn't in her sweet, loving, voice that I had come to love.

Deep breath, deep breath Adrien. "I'm taking you out." I said proudly after a moment of silence, and I leaped down from her window sill and into her room. I landed on the edge of her bed, offering her a grin. Let's just hope this works. She backed up in surprise at my statement.

"Excuse me?"

I smiled as I noticed she was still in her pajamas. "Get dressed. I'm taking you out."

She looked at me oddly. She was so confused. "Uh-I... never made plans to go anywhere with you."

"Just—come on!" I playfully whined as I noticed a smile beginning to form on her lips at my playfulness. "Can't I surprise my princess?"

She looked down at the ground, twisting her foot on the floor. "Well, I guess—"

"Hurry it up!" I playfully grabbed her wrist and lead her down towards her bathroom. "Get dressed!" I pushed on her back playfully, trying to get her into the bathroom.

She smiled as she got out of my grasp, and I watched as she walked over to her closet. "And explain how I would be able to get dressed without any clothes." She said, turning to me as she held what I assumed to be a shirt.

I chuckled nervously, stupid me.

She laughed at my reaction before grabbing her clothes, and as she walked passed me, she booped my nose. "I'll be out in a minute." She smiled before shutting the door behind her.

I smiled as I plopped down into her desk chair and twirled in it. Her room pretty much looked the same ever since I came over once to play video games with her. I just couldn't help but smile. I was taking Marinette out! Well sorta. At least she seemed a little bit happier.

I stopped twirling in her chair and my eyes focused on her desk... specifically her computer. I moved the mouse and the monitor turned on, revealing a picture of Alya and Marinette smiling together. My smiled faltered slightly as I realized how happy Marinette was in this picture, where as now... she's not the same.

"I like that picture."

I immediately jumped back upon hearing the sudden voice, causing the desk chair, with me in it, to fall backwards. With a loud thump, I opened my eyes, only to find Marinette standing above me with hand over her lips. "Silly Kitty." She giggled.

I stood up and rubbed the back off my neck. "Um-I... d-didn't mean to..."

"It's fine." She giggled as she made her way back to her stand up mirror to fix her hair.

"So Mari, when did you take this lovely picture?" I asked as I looked back at the monitor screen.

She sighed, and it almost seemed sadly. "It was the day when my life got a little twisted around."

I looked back at her, confused. She was still looking at the mirror, fixing her pigtail. "What do you mean?"

She turned around as she finished and walked over to her chaise, grabbing her purse. "Alya took that picture on the day I told her I was going to tell Adrien my feelings for him."

There was a moment of silence as I contemplated on what to say after her surprise of a comment. "And how did that go?" I decided to ask with a gulp, even though I already knew the answer myself.

"It was the worst day of my life." She plopped down on her chaise, her hands on her head. I slowly walked over and sat next to her.

"Why? Was it that horrible? Did he turn you down in a mean way?" As much as I knew I had tried my very best to turn her down nicely, I knew it didn't exactly... work.

Why did I even do it in the first place?

"He wasn't mean," Marinette admitted sadly as she fixed a piece of hair behind her ear. "Its just that..." She paused and took a breath. "I went to school to see him. He brightened my day, even if he barely talked to me. But then, after he rejected me, what was the point of going to school? To get bullied by Chloé? I don't think so."

I just sat there in confusion. Did she really admire me that much?

"And yeah, I have Alya..." She continued, "...but I see her out of school all the time."

"So, will you ever be as happy as you were in this picture again?" I asked her, pointing towards the desktop screen.

She smiled sadly, "There is nothing for me to be happy about anymore. Now that I know Adrien will never feel the same way for me, my source of happiness is gone."

I just stared at her. I was her source of happiness? Me? Myself? And I? And I ruined her?

"Well," I began to smirk. An idea popped into my mind. "Will you be happy if I do... this!?" I stood up and picked her up bridal style. She yelped in surprise and wrapped her arms around my neck. "Ready to go?"

She nodded and smiled. "Ready as I'll ever be."

I smiled back and leaped out the window with her in my arms. There was only one mission for this alley cat at this moment.

You're Marinette's source of happiness... so make her happy again.

Well, I say that's a good start Adrien. And duh, of course Marinette thought that highly of you, she practically worshiped you!

Too much?

I'd say that's pretty accurate.

Vote?
Comment?
Share?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro