26 | thank you

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chat Noir's POV

I was ready.

I held a nice boutique of red roses and a small gift bag in my hands as I stood at my window sill. I took in a deep breath as I let the cool wind of the night brush against my golden hair. I felt slightly uneasy about tonight and I was hoping Marinette would like my gifts. Sighing for at least the twentieth time, I extended my baton and headed off into the night towards her bakery.

When I arrived on her balcony, I crawled quietly up to the small window, tapping lightly on it as I awaited for her.

No answer.

I frowned in confusion, knocking yet once again and a bit harder. After my fifth, harder knock, I was surprised when the window pushed itself open.

It was unlocked?

I pushed it open all the way and slipped into her room quietly. It was quite dark in here.

I began to feel a bit uneasy about this whole situation. First she didn't answer, then the window being unlocked, next the room being so dark.

What is going on?

"Marinette?" I decided on calling out quietly, taking quiet footsteps around her room to see if I could spot her anywhere with my night vision.

No answer. She wasn't here.

I sighed in disappointment. Where could she even be at this time anyway? I had really hoped to see and her and give her the gifts I had.

Then all of a sudden I heard footsteps approaching the room. Fear began to fill my body as I crouched down beside her chaise, hoping that whoever was entering the room was not her parents. When the door opened all the way, I sighed in relief at the sight Marinette. I stood up again to show my presence as she closed her bedroom door and when she noticed me, she rubbed her eyes and wiped her nose before smiling wearily at me.

"Hey Chat Noir." She sniffled as she began to climb up the steps to her bed, bypassing where I stood. I didn't say a word as I followed her up to her bed. When I reached the top, she'd already made herself comfortable in her bed. She turned slightly to look up at me, "What brings you here tonight?"

"Are you okay, Marinette?" I asked her first before answering her question. She seemed... down... again.

"When am I ever okay?" She replied as she kept her gaze on me, but that wasn't really the answer I was hoping for. "So, why are you here? Came to take me out unexpectedly again?" She giggled as she tried to brighten the mood so I chuckled a bit, shaking my head.

Completely throwing the thought of concern out of my head, I grinned, "Actually, I came to give you these." I smiled and pulled out the boutique of flowers from behind my back. "For you, princess." I bowed as I handed her the roses.

Her eyes didn't change shape, but a bigger smile began to form on her lips. "For me?" She asked, looking up at me as she took the boutique from my hands.

"Yes for you," I smiled as I pulled out the gift bag from behind me as well. "And... well, this too."

I handed her the bag and she took it from my gloved hands, "Oh Chat Noir," she admired my gift. "Why are you spending money on me?" She playfully asked.

I chuckled, "Can't a prince spoil his princess?"

She giggled at my response and kept her blue-bell eyes locked on mine.

Suddenly, I started to feel nervous. "Now... n-now... open it." I stuttered, urging her to proceed. I was already worried about what her reaction to the gift might be.

She giggled at my stuttering. "Okay okay."

She began to pull out the tissue paper from the bag. I just nervously watched as she put it aside. I hoped she would like it. Once she peaked inside the gift bag, she looked up at me, surprised and stunned, before reaching into the bag and pulling out the bra.

"You... bought me a bra?" She seemed confused, as if she hadn't expected a gift like that at all. Instead she held the bra up, examining it unsurely.

Gulping nervously, I just chuckled, "Yeah... sorry. Is that a weird gift? Do you not want it?"

"No, no!" She raised her hands up in defense. "I do, it's just that... I don't think I could ever see you in Victoria Secret."

I laughed at that comment and she laughed as well.

"But I love it Chat Noir." She spoke after her fit of giggles. "Thank you."

And before I could react, I was being hugged. Marinette grabbed me and pulled me closer to her, wrapping her arms around my waist as she laid her head in my lap. I sat next to her, draping my arms over her back as I began to rub it softly in slow circles, smiling at how happy she was.

"Chat?" She mumbled from my lap after a moment of silence.

I smiled, "Yes princess?"

She peaked up at me. "How did you know that those were my favorite and that I wanted it...? And my size?"

My eyes widened slightly, but I quickly washed the surprised look away before she could notice. "Well princess, I have my ways."

She giggled, "I'd prefer not to know what ways." and nuzzled herself back into my lap, sighing happily before she added, "Thank you."

I looked down at her head and she had peeked up at me again to see my reaction. "You're welcome."

She frowned slightly, wriggling out of my grasp so that she could sit up. I watched her with with confused eyes. "No Chat Noir, really, thank you."

I didn't understand quite what she meant by that, so I tilted my head slightly in confusion. "What do you mean?"

She smiled, "For everything. For being there for me. You make me feel happy."

"I do?" I questioned.

"Yes silly!" She giggled, brushing a piece of her hair behind her ear. "And I haven't felt happy in a while."

I just smiled genuinely at her. This was my mission to make her happy... And I'm glad it's working.

Welp, mission accomplished Adrien!
Did I say every story had a happy ending? :D

Don't kill me

Vote?
Comment?
Share?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro