43 | trickling teardrops

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

No one's POV

Adrien stared helplessly across from the other side of the table as he watched Marinette hug herself. He knew exactly how she felt in some way. He too often asked himself if he really was Chat Noir, or if Chat Noir was some type of fictional being he hid behind.

"You know," Adrien broke the silence, causing Mairnette to look up into his eyes. "If you don't consider yourself Ladybug, does that mean I'm not Chat Noir?"

That question took Mairnette off guard, and she stuttered for an answer. "I um-well-uh—"

"I am still Chat Noir, right?" He asked, raising his eyebrow to indicate that he had a point. "Just wearing a mask to hide my insecurities. You can relate, right?"

She only nodded in response, and he continued, "Except, Chat Noir has his flaws too, right? Because he's me. Adrien Agreste. A model for teen weekly who makes mistakes every day is his life. And sometimes, his alter ego accidentally makes the same mistakes, because they are both the same person."

Marinette's eyes widened slightly, as if she had lost the whole argument. There was no reason to argue anyway, Adrien simply just wanted to fix everything.

"Do you see what I'm trying to say, Mari?" He used her nickname, and it shocked her even more. Immediately, Marinette went to protest, but Adrien continued, "Just because you dress up as someone else, doesn't mean it isn't the same person under the mask."

Mairnette sighed and her eyes stayed glued to the ground, like if she was to look up, her eyes would burn. But, he was surprised when she murmured, "Did you really all mean all that?"

"Of course I did," Adrien immediately answered. "I really do care about you so much, Mari. I just want you to know, even if you decide to never forgive me, I did have feelings for you the day I rejected you. I just... didn't want to admit that because I was so blinded by your other half. Ladybug."

Her eyes widened. "What? Y-You did?"

"Always," he answered so calmly and smoothly. "I had a hard time with my feelings between you and Ladybug. But, do you want to know why?"

She raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, I guess."

He smiled, "Because I saw you in Ladybug, and I saw Ladybug in you. I just had no idea you two could be the same person."

Marinette was beyond lost with words. She had no idea what to say anymore. What were you supposed to say in a situation like this.

"I—" Marientte didn't know what to say.

He sighed and raised his hand to rub the back of his neck. "You don't need to say anything, Mari. I set up this dinner for you so I could explain myself, and so that I could do something good to you for once."

She was taken back by what he had said, and she wanted to say something back. But he shook his head when he noticed her attempt to speak. "Just sit down Mari and eat. I made this dinner for you. Enjoy it please."

A small smile formed on Marinette's lips, and she took a seat back into the chair he had pulled out. Sure, she did think, I should just enjoy this dinner.

He smiled back brightly, and took a seat back into his chair right across from the ravenette.

Just as Marinette was about to stick her  fork into her delicious plate of spaghetti Adrien had prepared, a crack of lightning lit up the sky with a loud roll of thunder following shortly after.

Adrien was the first to look up into the dark sky, only to have a couple of raindrops fall on his nose.

He scrunched up his nose and before he could shoot Mairnette a look of warning, the sky began to cry on the earth, soaking everything below.

Well, there went her spaghetti.

Still not the end. I'm working on it as you read this.

Vote?
Comment?
Share?

If you would like to give or support me financially, please head over to my Cash App to donate!

(All letters are lowercase)

Remember, no amount is too small! Any amount that is given will be an immense blessing!

Thanks!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro