17 | Abigail

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Theo nodded and looked so confused it was almost funny. Okay, it was definitely funny. "Okay..." He said slowly. "That's good? Um, should we tell Grover about this?"

I grimaced with a frown. "Well... I wanted too, but he's also Percy's best friend, and we don't know where his allegiance lies. I think we should wait until this is all fixed. I mean, Grover's great and all, but he's also Percy's biggest friend and super loyal to him," Abigail said.

"But you trust me? I'm one of Percy's friends too, you know," Theo said.

I pursed my lips, looking down at the ground. "Yeah, but you're different. I've known you for way longer. I know Grover is amazing, but I know you would never betray me. Plus, with all this happening, we don't even know who we can really trust. I mean, Grover is the one that kept the whole secret about us being demigods, for months, the entire time we've know him!"

"Yeah, but he's Grover! He would never betray us!" Theo said. Gods, he was annoying.

"For Percy he might," I crossed my arms. Wanting to make a statement, I quickly speed walked away from him.

I heard Theo groan, then the sound of feet padding against the ground as they ran. I smirked to myself, but wiped the expression away when Theo got into my view again. "Ugh, fine, Abi. I won't tell Grover or whatever, even if I think we really should. But you were the crazy psycho that stole from the Aphrodite campers so you're in charge. I guess...?"

"You made the right choice, Theodore!" I grinned, throwing my arm around his shoulders.

Theo just shook his head, grabbing my arm and gently taking it off of him. "This is absolutely insane. I thought I would be spending winter break tubing, playing hockey, being lazy, and opening presents. But now... well, here I am," Theo said, gesturing around him at the camp.

"Opening presents? Why would you do that?" My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open. "Oh no. Did I miss your birthday again? Uh, when's your birthday?" I smiled sheepishly.

"My birthday is Febuary 11th, Abi," Theo said bluntly. "And no, I'd be opening presents because tomorrow is literally Christmas Eve. Do you not see all these people with Christmas sweaters? I mean, that's why I was so surprised at Willow's outfit. How is she not freezing?"

"That's the reason you were surprised? Because you were wondering how cold she was? Not because that's something she'd never wear?" I snorted.

"Eh, I guess that too. But seriously, merry Christmas Eve eve! I'm just sad I won't be spending Christmas with my family. It's crazy that all these demigods around us aren't spending Christmas with their families," Theo shook his head.

"Yeah," I said quietly, looking down at the ground, "Uh, family."

"You okay, Abi?" Theo asked, looking thoroughly concerned.

"Yeah, yeah, of course I am. Uh, isn't Percy's girlfriend coming here today? We should probably fix this before she sees her boyfriend acting like that and with some other girl," I said, then hurried off, wanting to avoid the subject.

Warning: chapter not edited or proofread.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro