35. "Your wife will become happy!"

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Aditya's POV

Me and Arjun are driving back to office from the venue where conference took place. I am not able to believe it yet but we bagged the project. Like… How?

“Adi…” I turned to Arjun who was driving the car.

“You go home and I will come after finishing some work in the office.” 

“I was thinking to tell Zoya about this in person…” I spoke.

“Ya.. thanks to her that the ticking time bomb calmed down.” He muttered.

“I heard…” I told him.

“Much better…” I glared at him.

“Waise… You should tell her personally. She will become happy.” He agreed with me. 

We soon reached office and I winded up my work hurriedly. My mobile rang.

Mumma❤️

“Aditya… How wa-” 

“We got it, Mumma!” Hearing me, she too became happy. 

Honestly speaking, if my work would not have been stolen and we would have presented that only, it would have been like a normal deal or project. But we did so much for it. There is a wave of happiness in the office. I am damn sure that these people are gonna celebrate here only. Moreover, today is someone's birthday too. All the more reason for it.

“Arjun… I am leaving…” I informed him as he was going towards PR department. 

Yes. Media. I am in no way going to meet these uncivilized people today and spoil my mood. Bunch of idiots!

“Buy some sweets on the way. It won't look nice if you will go empty hand. Take some home too… I also want to eat…” He said and licked his lips at the end.

Bhookad! (Foody!)

“Her aunt is there too…” He spoke and walked to the PR department.

Fine..! 

I straight away drove to the sweets shop. Which sweet would she like? Rasgulle? Laddo? I got confused. I have never shopped for anything. And these are sweets. I roamed my eyes in the shop here and there. 

“Do you want any help..?” One of the salesman asked as he noticed me lost.

I shook my head and asked him to pack two boxes of Laddo. That's why I don't go shopping myself. I am very bad at this. Really very bad! I remember Zoya isn't bad at shopping. She even chose for me when we were in Delhi.

I was on my way to Zoya's house but this traffic is testing my patience to its limits. I blew the horn again and again but no gain. I sighed. Does Zoya also lose her patience like that in heavy traffic? I wondered. 

There was a tap on my window which brought me out of my thoughts. I rolled down the window. There was standing a lady with different bouquets in her hand. 

“If you will take this beautiful bouquet home, your wife will become really happy…” She spoke, convincing me to buy the rose bouquet.

I am damn sure that my neck and ears must have turned red. 

“I am not married… So-”

“So give it to your girlfriend. She will become really happy.” I gave her an awkward smile.

“I don't have a girlfriend too but I will buy this. Thank you.”

I bought the flowers not wanting her to go on and embarrass me more. Next she will go for for sister and I don't have her too. Sigh.

As I paid her, I asked her to give me one more. I will give one to Mumma and other to Zoya. She happily sold me two of her bouquets and I threw them on the backseat. 

I turned on the FM radio as I felt my mood lift up. On someone's special request, they played a song.

In dino… dil mera…
Mujhse hai keh raha…
Tu.. khwaab sajaa…
Tuu…. jeele zara..

Hain tujhe bhi izaazat
Karle tu.. bhi mohabbat
Hai tujhe.. bhi izaazat
Karle tu.. bhi mohabbat
In dino.. dil mera
Mujhse hai keh raha
Tu… khwaaab saja
Tu… jeele zara

I hummed along as the traffic cleared and I drove towards Zoya's house.

Berang si hai badi zindagi
Kucch rang to bharu…
Mein apni tanhaai ke vaste 
Ab kucch to karu…

Jab mile.. thodi fursat
Jab mile… thodi fursat
Khud se kar.. le mohabbat
Hai tujhe.. bhi izaazat
Karle tu… bhi mohabbat

I finally reached the Raichand villa and parked my car, turning off the engine. I took out the bouquet and the box of sweet. I hope Zoya like them.

I rang the bell and waited for someone to open the door. Someone did open the door but I didn't recognise that someone. Who is he? Is he Zoya's uncle?

I gave him a smile as I stood at the door. He bent ahead and sniffed the flowers which were in my hand.  

“Fresh hain?” He asked, standing straight. 
(Are they fresh?)

I nodded. He took the bouquet from me. Wait! They are for Zoya! Tch!

With the same authority, he took the box from me and walked inside as I stood waiting there. I am not in the wrong house na? I looked out. No. I am at the right place.

“Good you came. Pay that delivery boy.” I heard him saying. I turned to look in and saw him sitting on the sofa, enjoying the sweets I brought.

Delivery boy? What the heck? Do I look like one? Am I wearing the red Zomato shirt? Where are you Zoya?

“Arre! Are you mad? He is Zoya's friend!” I heard aunty chiding him and then I saw her walking towards me. 

Thank god! Finally someone who recognise me and whom I recognise. I let out a relieved breath and gave her a slight smile. 

“Why are you standing out? Come in son…” She called me in. 

As soon as I stepped in, I saw him walking towards me with a stony face. Is that because I am his niece's friend?

“Zoya's who?” He asked me in a heavy voice.

“I… Fr.. friend..” I gulped and answered fumbling.

“What type of friend?” He enquired.

“Arey? What are you doing? Stop it!” Aunty chided him and I was sure he is Zoya's uncle.

“Shh..” He stopped her. She shook her head, annoyed at his behaviour.

“I am her… Childhood friend…” I answered gathering the courage, I lost a minute ago.

“Aditya!” I heard Zoya's melodious voice and a relieved smile grace my lips.

“Wow… Roses?” She asked with a bright smile as she picked up the bouquet and sweet box from the table and walked towards us.

“I bought them for you.” I answered and uncle glared at me. 

“Aww… Thank you so much. They are beautiful.” I nodded.

“But what's the occasion?” She asked with a confused smile.

“I got that project.” I told her with a wide smile.

“That… That Neotech project?” She confirmed happily.

“You remember?” I asked surprised.

“Ofcourse! You were so worried about it. How can I not remember that?” She answered and raised her non-existent collar. 

She is so sweet.

“Yeah! The same one.” I told her.

“Wow! Congratulations Aditya!” She gave me a side hug.

Uncle cleared his throat and glared at me.

“Just sweets and bouquet won't do okay! I need party.” She demanded clearly. 

I smiled and looked at aunty who was smiling at us lovingly. Uncle scoffed and went in, snatching the box of sweets from Zoya.

“Uncle! Just one! Okay..!” Zoya called out for him and then turned to me.

“Amm… I am here to invite you and Noor for dinner.” 

“Today?” I nodded. 

“We will be there…” She agreed.

Burp

Zoya immediately kept the back of her hand on her mouth to stop herself.

We were climbing the stairs to the terrace of my home.

“Sorry…” She started sheepishly. 

“The food was so good. I did overeating.” 

“It's not a big deal Zoya… Come on..” I shrugged it off and we came up at the terrace. 

“Wow… You have decorated the terrace so good.” She praised looking at the fairy lights as her eyes twinkled.

“Mom did…”

“She is super talented!” She exclaimed.

“She knows how to keep herself happy and occupied.” I said and leaned on the railings looking out. 

“Hmm… So what happened in the conference?” She asked coming beside me. 

She kept her elbow on the railing, completely facing me. I turned to her and stood in same pose as hers.

“Amm.. we reached there and realised that there are many companies competing for the project. More than we expected.” 

“Oh..! Tough competition haa..!” She connected to the talks instantly. 

“Then everyone started giving presentations one by one…” She nodded slowly, showing that she is listening attentively.

“Then it was our turn. Arjun presented.” 

“So.. you find out who stole your work?” She asked.

“I did. But there are no proofs. By the way, we got the project because me and Arjun changed the amount of tender. It was less than before.” 

“Isn't it a loss?” She asked. I gave her a look and she bit her tongue.

“Okay. Okay. I got it. This is business.” She spoke quoting her hands in air and I smiled. 

Don't know from where Arjun and Noor came and circled Zoya. She looked at them with amused smile.

Usko chupa kar mein
Sab se Kabhi le chalu…
Kahin door…
Aankhon ke pyaalo se 
peeta rahu
Uske chehre ka noor…

Noor was trying to beat Arjun and he was saving himself using Zoya as shield. She laughed out loud and tried to save him from her sister.

Is zamane se chhupkar,
Is zamane se chhupkar,
Puri kar… lu mein hasrat
Hain tujhe bhi izaazat…
Karle… tu bhi mohabbat

And I don't know when my eyes got stuck at her freely laughing, happy face.

In dino.. dil mera..
Mujhse hai.. keh raha
Tu… khwaab saja
Tu… jeele zara

I looked at the rankings and it's #1 in selfless.

Thank you buddies for all the love you gave.
Everyone please take care of yourself.

Love❤️

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro