36. "I don't want to hurt her.."

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Aditya's POV

I was sprawled on the sofa and was reading the book Zoya gave me. Today is Sunday. And I am very much free. So why not read this? 

By the way, this book isn't my type. Nope. Both the leads are cancer patients and they are falling in love. This is gonna be tragic because this girl will definitely die. I am damn sure. There is seriously some major fault in their stars.

My mobile rang and I grabbed it from the coffee table in front of me.

Zoya…

“Hey..” I picked up her call.

“Hi… Are you busy?” 

“No. I don't think so…” 

“Then why don't you come to the park near your house?” I frowned hearing her. 

“You are there?” 

“Hmmm hmmm…” She sang, agreeing.

“I am coming.” 

Making myself a bit presentable, I left for the park.

I walked in the park to find Zoya skating on the paved path. She gave me a wide smile which I returned with a grin on my face.

“Skates?” I asked, smirking.

I remember, she wasn't a big fan of skating during our school days.

“Another pair of skates is there. Come!” She pointed towards the near by bench, where a bag, bottle and skates were present.

I shook my head and walked towards the bench. What is it with her new fever of skating?

“I haven't wore skates for last 10 years.” I told her as I tied them, sitting on the bench.

“Oh come on Aditya! You were the winner of the Inter-school skating competition. Watch me! When I wore skates last time, I sprained my ankle so bad that I was on bedrest for a week. I don't know how to skate at all.” She spoke as she somehow managed to skate near me.

“Don't tell me you want me to teach you how to skate!” I spoke as I was tying the other skate and looked up at her, smirking.

“What if I say yes…” I shook my head, smiling as I looked down and checked if I tied both the skates tightly. It's been long ten years after all.

“Adii……” She whined. I looked up at her quite dumbfounded. She never called me ‘Adi’. Have we came really close in last few months? 

‘Stop it Aditya! Stop it! Why you are hell bent on ruining the only friendship you have after Arjun?’ My mind said, asking me to stop thinking ahead. 

Now a days, she is there in my every thought. What's wrong with me?

‘But… but… It's not in my hands. What can I certainly do, when I know I have started liking her?’ My heart retorted.

Liking? Like really liking?

‘Oh! Shut up! She just called you Adi because you have become her close friend. Friend, I said. What's the big deal?’ My mind argued back.

“Aditya…” Zoya called me gently, pulling me out of my thoughts.

“Yeah?!” I replied, gathering myself.

“You okay?” 

“Ya! You wanna start learning from today?” I asked, smiling lightly. She grinned and nodded.

Me and Arjun are sitting with Zoya in open cafe in the mall, waiting for Noor. We were free and Arjun suggested to hang out, mocking me that I frequently go out to meet Zoya. No. I am confused if he mocked me or teased me. It's been around exact seven days when Zoya asked me to teach her skating.

“Look at that one. She is more beautiful.” I heard Arjun talking to Zoya, as he pointed out at a particular girl from the group who were shopping around.

Idiot! If Noor arrived and heard him, I will have to carry him in a paper bag.

“Nah! That red one is more hot…” She spoke.

Did I hear her right?? What has happened to my innocent Zoya? Arjun! He happened! He is spoiling her innocence. 

“Yah… She is more hot…” Arjun agreed looking at the girl in a daze.

“Who is more hot?” Noor asked coming behind Zoya. 

Me and Arjun were sitting side by side and Zoya was sitting in front of me, leaving a seat vacant for Noor beside her, in front of Arjun.

I coughed to stop myself from laughing. Now he is gone.

“No… No one…” He said as if it's nothing. 

No! He can't escape! He shouldn't escape! 

“Actually, Arjun was trying to decide who is more hot in that group of girls…” I pointed out telling her. 

Smack!

Noor hit his head with the book she was carrying. Zoya looked away, keeping the back of her hand on her mouth, laughing silently. But I didn't hesitate. I laughed out loud. He scoffed at me.

“I will bring your orders. The treat is on me.” She spoke and went towards the counter.

“I will see you later Adi!” Arjun muttered angrily to me and went behind her.

I looked at Zoya who was smiling wide, looking around. 

“So…” I started and she looked at me.

“Why the treat is on her?” I asked trying to strike a conversation. 

I am not very talkative in nature but I feel like talking to her. 

“She got selected for some special program. Nothing much!” She shrugged as it wasn't a very big thing.

“You behave as if it isn't important…” 

“Ofcourse, it is important for her. But for me it isn't anything new. I have a habit of hearing about such things from her. I don't need to worry about it. But haan… If something opposite happens then it calls for me to worry.” 

I raised my eyebrows in a wow expression. Those both jokers came back and our time went on, with funny conversations. I kept glancing at Zoya's happy face because don't know why, amm. I just don't know.

‘He is gone! Completely…’ My mind slapped his forehead as on the other side my heart was dancing joyfully. 

But I didn't understand what they were trying to convey. So, I decided to ignore them. 

“Stop Arjun! Just stop!” I asked him to shut up as I walked ahead of him towards my room.

“But why Adi?” He went on coming behind me.

“We are just friends! Best friends!” I turned to him after entering my room.

“Hmm… Friends…” He nodded his head, mocking me. I rolled my eyes.

“Adi…. Just friends don't steal secret glances at each other. Like the way you did today or a week ago when she came here for dinner.”

I opened my mouth to say something but he didn't let me.

“Just friends don't get jealous when the other one talks about someone else. Like during Aarohi's engagement.” 

God! I shouldn't have told him!

“Your not accepting the fact won't change it! Stop behaving like you don't like her!!” His tone went up a bit at the end.

I shook my head and didn't look at him. 

“Arjun… She isn't the one for me… She is nice, sweet and…” I sighed.

“Are you hearing yourself Adi? No doubt you like her!” I looked at him.

“Tell me. Did you really not see this coming? Or are you too afraid to look at it?” 

“What do you want me to do? Ask her out? Huh?” I asked in frustration not answering his question. 

“Just stop running away. That will do.”

I rolled my eyes. He is speaking Zoya's language. These two are spoiling each other. I will have to keep them at a distance for my own sake.

“I am not doing any such thing…” 

He crossed his arms at his chest, not at all convinced.

“Arjun…” I sighed and continued, “I am not sure. I… I don't want to hurt her… I..” 

“This itself tells that you like her enough not to hurt her.”

I keep standing there, tongue tied because I had nothing to reply. 

“Good night..” He wished and left.

I let out a breath and went towards my balcony. Sleep was far away from me. I looked out at the night city.

This Arjun is an idiot! A big one indeed! Why he have to talk about all this when Zoya is already stuck in my head. Everything was going fine. I was good. But he have to clear the mist in my thoughts and make it difficult for me.

Ooo… teri nigahein, paagayi rahein
Par tu yeh soche, jaaun na jaaun
Yeh zindagi jo, hai naachti toh
Kyon bediyon mein, hai tere paanv
Preet ki dhun par, naach le paagal…
Udta agar hai, udne de aanchal
Kaahe koi, apne ko, aise tarsaaye…

Jo hai ankahi, jo hai ansuni
Woh baat kya hai bata..
Mitwa… kahe dhadkanein tujhse kya..
Mitwa… ye khudse toh na tu chupa..

God! I like her. And it will be so difficult to not to be obvious about it around her. 

Mere mann ye batade tu
Kis or chala hai tu
Kya paya nahi tu ne
Kya dhoondh raha hai tu…

(Love will find a way, love will
Jaaniye, everywhere, heeriye, everyday
(Love will find a way, mitwa) 
Love will find a way…

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro