Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

~Author's Note

Warning: bad language ahead

___

~Madison

Cameron's house is way farther by walking. I may be an idiot for walking all the way up here when he wants no part of me, but I have to clear this story. I had nothing to do with that paper, and I just want him to believe me.

"Madison? What are you doing here?" Mrs. Dallas asked once she answered the door.

***"Good afternoon Mrs. Dallas, I don't know if Cameron told you the news, but-"

"Yes, dear, he did."

"Well, there was an article in the paper about the whole situation, but someone credited the work with my name, but I had nothing to do with the paper, I don't know where it came from, I don't know how the anonymous person found out, but I honestly have no idea who wrote it. Can you just tell Cam that I didn't have anything to do with it, and I didn't tell a single soul about it? I just want him to believe me."

"Yes dear, I will let him know."

"Thank you. Thank you very much Mrs. Dallas."

After leaving Cam's house, I decided to just go home and lay on my bed, thinking why and how did this happen to me? I lost Cam, whom I had hard feelings for; Nash, who I was getting along with so well; and the guys, who probably hate me now. When I opened my front door, my mom was sitting there. I wonder how she's feeling, but why was she here anyways?

"Hey Mom," I said giving her a hug. "Why are you here?"

"Honey, may we talk in your room for a second?" she said grabbing my hand.

"Sure." This must've been big. We only talked in my room unless it was too much too handle. The last time we talked alone in my room, she was telling me that she and Dad are no longer and that she was leaving. "What is it Mom?" I said as both of sat on my bed simultaneously.

"Look dear, with all the chaos that happened yesterday with Cam, first I want you tell him that I'm deeply sorry for his lost and that I had no idea about Mason. Second, Mason and I are finished. The wedding is off and so are we." I hugged my mom for about two minutes. I know she was hurting, because with the way she talked about Mason so much, I know she loved him, well she loved the person she thought he was. "So, if you can call Cameron up right now, and clear this whole situation-"

"Actually, I can't do that. He and I are over as well." It wasn't technically a breakup, but it felt like it was.

"Dear, how did this happen? Was it because of Mason and me?"

"No, someone in the school found out about last night and wrote about it in today's paper, but signed the article with my name, so now Cam thinks I wrote about it, when I didn't tell a single soul."

"What about the girl that was with you guys last night?"

"What girl?"

"There was a girl near you guys car, I was looking out the window after you two left, because I noticed that you guys weren't driving, you were just sitting in the car dialoguing. But I saw a girl near your car the whole time you guys were talking. When you guys started your car, I saw her run away." I knew there was a girl near our car, but I just couldn't see her face. I gave my mom the confused facial expression, hopefully thinking she would describe the girl's face. But she caught right on. "She had golden brown hair, with brown highlights. ***She had on this cheerleading outfit..."

Brooklynn. She set me up. That wicked bitch.

"Thank mom, I know exactly who it is."

After my Mom left my room, I went on my phone to see if (hopefully) Cam called or texted. But my phone was dryer than the Sahara Desert. But I did get a text, from Nash.

Nash: Madison, I have a feeling you may be innocent. But don't worry, I'm gonna find a way to make sure you are. + I'll let Cam know you're innocent too once I have proof that it was who I think it is.

••

-

~Cameron

I don't deserve to be happy. Why should I? I feel like this is just what I deserve, complete misery. I guess I always had high expectations, that I would go to a school that'd drama free, or have the perfect girl, who completely stabs me in the back. I so wanted to believe her, that she didn't do it, but who else would. The boys would never, they've had my back since forever. I've just met Madison. Maybe she was just using me all this time, just to get that promotion for the newspaper. I though I liked her.

I thought I loved.

I got dozens of text messages from Nash, Matt, Carter and Madison, but I ignored them all. But the latest one Nash sent, did have me thinking:

Nash: Dude, I don't think it was Madison who wrote the article. Yeah, she was the only other person you told, but you have to believe her. Tomorrow, the guys and I are hatching a plan to catch this 'person', and we all should've seen this coming; that it was the bitch who's always up to no good.

I've said too much already.

Bitch? Brooklynn?

___

~Author's Note

Sorry for the short chapter.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro