14. someone better than me

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter Fourteen

someone better than me

3rd person pov

two days later, everyone stood next to each other in front of their sensais and watched

" the sekai taikai is coming, its up to us to pick our six most badass fighters" johnny spoke and then daniel walked by

"and there are no easy decisions, we know you all wanna go to barcelona" he told them and they started to train.

"some of you think youre shoo-ins, that youre the top of your game, that nothing or no one can stop you" johnny stated

"some of you think youre the underdogs and you don't know if you have what it takes and that you feel left out and left behind"

"but its a level playing field, anything can happen"

"each and every one of you has a shot. so we make our evalutions do your best" daniel spoke 

" now is not the time to puss out"

"even though we're competing against each other, we are still one dojo and its time to bring out the best in all of us" daniel spoke

"so which one of you has what it takes to be in our top six?" they spoke and then they finished the training for the night. Xenia walked into the school the next day with sam, miguel, robby and tory as they talked about the sekai taikai 

"y'all think theres any chance that we don't make it in the top six?" miguel asked them and xenia looked at them as she shook her head 

"honestly i don't think im gonna try because there is someone better than me who deserves to go, ya know?" she said and even though miguel, sam and robby all wanted to fight her on it, she wouldn't believe them so they sighed and nodded but xenia knew that the four of them had their spot secured. She listened to them talk about it and she also knew that hawk was for sure going to. 

at the end of the day, they all ended up back at the dojo but xenia stood off on the side so the others could fight and she would just watch. Johnny stood next to her and he turned to her as she turned to him and he looked at her 

"you should be doing this nia, you have a chance" he told her and she shrugged her shoulders as she looked at the others and then at johnny 

"maybe but not as much as they do, i mean come on, miguel, sam, tory and robby all have a secured spot in the final six i know that for a fact, hawk probably does to and then its between kenny and the others. I could try to fight but i don't think its worth it and honestly the others have been in the game longer than me, they have more experience, more energy and just overall more knowledge" She told Johnny and he sighed as he looked at his step-daughter and he shook his head 

"your dad had you fighting back in mexico, Maybe it wasn't karate but it was actually fighting you do have a chance xenia you just don't think you do because these other people have been doing it longer than you have but that doesn't kick you out I think you have a fighting chance" He kept trying but she shook her head 

" You know Miguel tried to tell me the same thing as much as I appreciate the thought it's not going to change my opinion I'll stand here and I'll watch the others fight and I'll support them and I'll be here and if something goes south I'll defend some one and I'll be a friend but other people need this more than I do. I mean Miguel wants to go to Stanford and to be able to do that he needs something that shows that he has power and if winning the sekai taikai is what's going to help him then so be it, all of them need this for whatever reason and I don't. I'm not going to college here and I don't really have a future in karate I sort of just did it because my girlfriend and my brother were a part of it but it's not going to be my whole life not like other people" she explained and he almost felt offended at the last sentence but he knew that it wasn't her being mean but her being honest and he nodded his head 

" Then you stand over here and you watch and you see the power these people have and know that you have the same power and you can use your power you just choose not to trust me you could be out there" he said and he walked off and she watched him as she sat down and watched the others continue to do their thing. the challenge started soon and she sat as she watched them all train before their names got called in order. 

"Hawk, Robby, Miguel, Sam, Tory, Muscles, Kenny, Nate, Chris, Demetri, Devon, and the last name Anthony, congratulations top twelve meet back here for round two. the rest of you, youre out, good luck next time" he told them and they all left. Xenia got in the car with sam and miguel, robby and tory as they all drove home together. 

"i still don't get why you didn't try xen" miguel said as they got out of the car and xenia shook her head. she didn't want to talk about it and she made that clear as she walked to her bedroom and closed her bedroom door behind her. she laid on her bed and went to bed, she didn't bother going to the dojo the next day or going to the event they had. 

however she would end up on the plane with them to barcelona because johnny hated that she wouldn't be there for her brother. she would also find out a few other things when she decided to go back. 

-ABBYS NOTES-

we're gonna ignore that i didn't write for this book for about a month, ive been focused on other books

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro