30: The kids from yesterday

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

(IVE UPDATED SO MUCH HELLO MY FRENS)

It's Friday.

Apparently my boss called Dan after hearing the news about my injuries and wants to give me three weeks off work, paid. He was extremely nice to me, probably because he knew and liked Dan. I heard him call Dan while I was asleep and woke up a bit to his voice.

The smell of pancakes fill my nose and I feel the warmth of sunshine on my cheeks. Opening my eyes and stretching my toes, I hear Dan's voice as he crouches down beside me laying on the couch. "Morning, my love." He pecks my cheek and I smile. "Hey, Dan." I ruffle his hair with my uninjured arm. 

"I'm assuming you want to get up and eat something?" He smiles and I groan as I struggle to get up from the couch. He laughs and carefully lifts my torso enough so he can help me swing my legs off the couch and get into my wheelchair. It wasn't too hard to pick me up, I'm only about 5 foot 3 and 115 pounds. I'm pretty tiny compared to Dan. He pushes me into the kitchen where he has plates of pancakes on the table. A groggy Phil walks into the room wearing pajamas and fuzzy socks. 

"Audrey!" He squeals and jumps to give me a hug. "You look so much better than you did in the hospital! I'm so happy you're better." He gives me another light squeeze. 

Dan walks over and rubs shoulder affectionately before walking out of the kitchen for a moment.

Phil quickly whispers to me the split second Dan leaves the room, "Did he ask you out, Aud? He's head over heels for you!" He grins like a second grader. I swat him lightly and laugh. "Yea, he did. I found out that I really love him too." Phil smiles ear to ear. "Now, no making little Daniels just yet because the world can't even handle one of him!" He giggles, but I don't. I just remember through all of my happiness that having a family one day will never be an option. Apparently Dan had walked in the moment Phil said that, because he stood in the doorway, eyes wide. 

I didn't even know I was crying, but I must be.

Dan shoots Phil a warning looks but also a , 'I'll explain later but lets keep off that subject' look and Phil just stands there with his eyes wide. Dan rushes to my side, getting on his knees and wiping the tears from my face.

"Sh," he whispers, stroking my hair. 

I don't even know why I'm crying. Children didn't matter to me, but maybe deep down inside the wanting was there.

I suck my tears up and give a small smile, signaling I was okay.

"I'm sorry." I whisper. Dan gets behind me and wraps his warm arms around my shoulders and kisses my cheek before standing up and pushing my wheelchair to the table. My hips hurt horribly even with medication. I've always had premature arthritis in my hips as well as tendonitis and this accident didn't make it any better.

The drugs never work.

(YO THAT'S A MCR REFERENCE YALL GET IT? YES? NO? ok bye)

The breakfast Dan cooked was surprisingly delicious and filling. Phil says he has to go edit a video and leaves the table. Dan smiles and says, "So Phil and I were supposed to film a video today but I decided we can do it another time so I can spend time with you." I grin. "That's very sweet Dan, but what can you do with me? I'm crippled at the moment!" I laugh. 

"Well, that shouldn't be a problem because I planned on spending the whole day watching movies and eating food. Does that sound good?" He grins widely. "Why wouldn't it be!" I say.

"Let us go to the lair of movies and such!" He says happily as he runs around the table to push my wheelchair into the living room. 

As Dan picks me up bridal-style out of my chair, he pipes up, "Audrey, would you want to move in with me? I know you said to take things slow, but you've basically lived here for the two or so weeks anyway." 

"Put my aching body down and I'll think about it." I giggle. 

He places me on the couch and I answer him, "I guess it wouldn't hurt, so sure!" He hugs me and grabs blankets for us. 

Somehow I end up falling asleep.

The medication I'm on has a "mild" side effect of making you very drowsy. 

I can feel him running his hand through my hair.

He always whispers things when he thinks I can't hear but I can. 

"It seems like yesterday I was a kid, Audrey. But now we're all grown up and you're here lying in my arms and we're on our own. I won't ever let you go my love. So long and goodnight."

(WOW IM SO EMO. Im very sorry. Im typing this at 11 P.M. and Ive had May Death Never Stop You on for like 3 hours. Thats My Chemical Romance (MCR) for all my non killjoys. So long and goodnight.)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro