40: nobody thinks what I think

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Softly.

Slowly.

Particles of ice fall from the sky. Isn't it crazy how an icicle can slice right through a human body but snow, an object made of the same substance, can have a connotation of beautiful and winter wonderland.

The ice falling from the sky brought back too many memories. I try to block them out. The darkness only overwhelms me. I run but I can't hide. I fall, scraping my innocence heart on cold concrete.

Helpless, I'm helpless.

Now I'm feeling emotionless, and empty.

I don't know why I feed on emotion.

Nobody thinks what I think.

Snow.

The ice cold windows of the hospital fog up with the delicate touch of my hot breath.

The hall is silent from what I can hear.

They took my clock away from me.

"Tyler." I whisper into the darkness outside, even though I know he can't hear me.

"This is not what I had planned. This is NOT what I had planned!" I silently scream to myself.

"Audrey, may I come in?" A nurse whispers through my door which was cracked open.

"How are you feeling? Could you tell me if you think the medication is helping?" She asks softly.

"I don't know." I breathe.

"I understand. Try to think very hard to give us an answer." She says.

"You will never know what's behind my skull." I wring my clammy hands and rub the back of my neck.

"You should sleep now, Audrey." She rubs my shoulder and exits my room.

I'm tired of not feeling.
I snap out of my trance into reality.
White flakes gather on the windshield of the car.

"Good lord Audrey, you've gotta explain what the heck is going on before I think you're going crazy." He says calmly but I can feel he isn't calm.

"Can you-please, um- turn off the music." I stutter.

"Can you please tell me what just happened?" He sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

"Too many memories. That's all." I say, feeling the cold wetness of salty tears falling down my face.

"Still, I want to know what's going on!" He presses his hands to his face.
Sobs emerge from his mouth.

"I can't stand to see you like this." He bawls.

"I can't either. Trust me." I say. No emotion is left in me.

"I love you too much and I don't want-" he stops and lays his forehead on the steering wheel.

"Let's go home. I'll tell you." I say. I'm not prepared to tell him, for what's ahead.

(A/N: so this was a mega filler bc I don't know what to write so we're going downhill)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro