Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

DANS POV

I'm scared out of my mind.

I can't do anything to help her.

I'm so helpless.

God, what can I do?

She sits in the passenger seat with her eyes closed and tears stream down her face.

Her breath catches as she inhales sharply.

I'm helpless.

"Audrey! Please talk to me!" I call to her now emotionless body.

She gasps for air, her eyes are wide.

All she can do is cry.

We're helpless.

Her limp sleeping body sits next to me in the car as I pull up to the driveway of our flat.

Phil runs out of the door with a worried expression on his face.

Mascara and tears stain her pale face.

I pick her up in my arms and she snuggles her head into the crook of my neck.

"Is she okay?" Phil says, his teeth chattering from the cold.

"I have no clue." I say and a small tear gently drops down my cold face.

I lay her on the couch and wrap her in a blanket after taking her shoes off. She must be so exhausted, she doesn't even open her eyes. She only yawns and stretches her toes.

I tenderly lift up her head and torso and sit down, laying her head on my lap. I sift my fingers through her hair and lean down to place a kiss on her nose.

"Stay alive for me." I whisper.

"Dan?" Phil says quietly from the doorway into the living room.

"Hm?" I answer.

"Are you worried about Aud? She seemed totally perfect and fine until you called. I'm worried." He says with a sad look in his eyes.

The sleeves of his jumper are stretched over his hands.
He only does that when he's worried or cold.
Right now he's both.

"Yea... I am. I love her so much." My eyes blur with tears as I look down at the small sleeping figure.

"It's going to be okay. I'll get you some tea." Phil says with a small smile.

Her eyelashes flutter and she yawns, rubbing her eyes.
I glance at the time on the clock, 1:15 A.M. Not too late for me, but I'm so exhausted, I could crash at any moment.

"Tyler," Audrey barely whispers before her eyes open and she inhales a deep breath.

"Audrey!" I gasp.

"Dan," she groggily says.

I pull her body gently onto my lap where she can sit comfortably. Her arms snake around me and a grin barely makes its way onto her face.

"Tell me about it, please." I ask.

"What?" She sleepily asks.

"Why we broke down to tears in the car. You said you'd tell me at home..." I say.

"Yeah." She says with her eyes fixated on the collar of my jumper. Her eyes make their way up to mine and I push a small strand of hair out of her face.

"It's a long story." She begins.

"I'm here to listen." I say softly.

"Okay. So when my family was killed, I was just traumatized at first but then it became more when I was about eleven. My family at the time took me to a psychiatrist in the area and I was deemed schizophrenic and depressed. Since I was eleven I take medication every day to keep me at bay."

"Ever since I was released I have tried my hardest to block those years out of my life. I think of it as a break in the long life of Audrey and not a point where I was on watch all day and I only had one friend." She says.

"Tyler?" I ask.

She shuts her eyes tightly and nods.

"He was staying a few doors down. Tyler Joseph was the only friend I had. He was there for sever depression. Once I was released I haven't seen him. He's the singer of twenty one pilots now. It's crazy to see how far he's come. For a while I though he must've died but I'm proud of him. He made it. After listening to his music, I realized something. He used a lot of things I said through the years in his songs. It brought back too much and I didn't know what to do." She says with small tears dripping down her cheeks onto her chin.

"I'm sorry." She whispers.

"I had no idea." I whisper.

"I shouldn't have broken down like that, I've never told anyone about it besides my aunt. How could I have been so stupid?!" She cries.

She's tearing herself apart over something she can't control.

I hold her body close to mine and rock her gently until her sobs stop.

She barely whispers, "Tyler used to hold me like this when I broke down. I'm so sorry."

She falls asleep in my arms.

My eyelids beg to shut, so I sleep too.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro