Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Dan's Pov-

I zip up my suitcase. 

I don't want to leave.

My mum is on the verge of death.

I need to leave for a bit, even if this is only for a week.

I can feel myself slipping into the mindset I used to have when I was a teenager.

"Bye mum, I love you. I'll see you soon, I promise. I'll be back soon. Love you." I whispered to her almost lifeless body.

She didn't answer.

She would only be awake for about ten minutes a day and basically be in a coma for the rest of it. She didn't respond to anything. She's dying and I know she won't be here much longer.

"Have a good trip, Dan." The nurse says with a sad smile.

I thank her and step into my taxi.

"The airport, please." I say to the driver.

He stays silent the whole drive, thankfully. I'm not one to talk to taxi drivers nor any stranger. Plus, I'm not in the best mood. I know my mum's going to die soon. I'll be a orphan adult with no family. I just need to get out of here.

I reread YouTube's email and sigh. 

I totally forgot about Audrey being there at the same time as I am.

My phone buzzes with a notification from YouTube.

Ugh

I open it to see that Audrey uploaded a new video, "Trip to America Vlog!"

So apparently she's already there, maybe we won't run into eachother.

Wait- I forgot my horribly bad luck, we are destined to bump into each other somewhe-

"Sir, are you okay? We're here, um, but you've just been staring at your lap for the past couple minutes." The driver says worriedly.

"Oh, sorry. Thank you." I say, paying him and getting out into the chilly weather.

My mind is blank for the whole waiting time until boarding, and I slept the whole flight. 

I haven't been able to sleep at all. I want to be awake in case mum wakes up in the night, so I sit beside her in a chair. This is the first time I got to sleep well in a while.

Audrey's Pov-

I'm fascinated by America.

It's nothing I've ever seen before.

I got off my plane to see thousands of people and shops everywhere. I hopped into a taxi and asked to go the beach. I'm in California, what else do you expect me to do?

I didn't have a bathing suit, also the water is extremely cold, so I just stood on the shore and took another taxi back to my hotel.

I check in to find a YouTube logo shaped pillow and a note on my bed. 

"Welcome to Cali! We hope you had a good flight and we will see you tomorrow! -YouTube HQ"

I place the note on my bedside table and flop onto my bed.

I pull out my phone just to remember that Dan will be in California too. I sigh and open up twitter, writing a tweet to all my followers.

"Currently in this strange part of the world called California? Just hope they have some good food here."

Dan's POV

I check into my hotel and reach my door when my phone rings, signaling a notification.

Another notif...about Audrey.

She tweeted about being in California. Shoot.

I ignore the panic rising in my stomach of seeing her somehow. Okay, I have to admit that this isn't easy to ignore. The one thing I know is that I miss her.

I slip of my black Yeezys and jeans to replace them with joggers and socks.

Crashing facefirst onto the bed, I feel my stomach growl. 

"Ugh." I sigh and find a brochure to order pizza in the area. 

"Emerechis pizza, how may I help you?" A teenage kid says into the phone.

"Um, hi, one cheese and sausage pizza please to the Central Hotel." I order and rub my eyes. 

"Sent to your room or desk?" The kid asks.

"Desk, please. I'll be out there. How long will it take?" I ask. I feel the need to walk a bit and stretch my legs.

"About 45 minutes, we're currently pretty busy." He says.

"Thats fine, thank you." I hang up the call and slip on my sneakers. 

I walk quickly out of my room, grabbing my key card and my phone and some cash for the pizza.

I accept my fate and oncoming death and take a 30 minute run. Can you believe it? But I have a pizza to make up for it.

As I make it back to the lobby, I sit down on a bench outside the door to catch my breath. The weather was beautiful and the sun was beginning to set. The sky popped in orange and pink hues topped by dark blue.

"Dan?" I hear a girl whisper.

I turn to see Audrey.

"Audrey," I awkwardly stand up off the bench.

"Long time no see." She sighs, looking towards the floor, then the sky. 

"I-I'm so sorr-" I start but I'm cut off by Audrey.

"Listen Daniel, I don't want your apologies." She says sternly and stares into the sunset. Her jaw clenches and her eyes get glossy. She blinks and looks me straight in the eye. 

"I really messed up, okay, my mu-" I start again but I'm once again cut off by the suddenly strong willed girl I used to love.

She glowers into the sunset again.

"If you loved your mum why would you be here? Think about us, Dan. Adult orphans basically. I have virtually no family and the only living family of yours is fading fast. Why the hell would you be here?"

It feels like I've been slapped in the face.

I'm speechless.

"Uh, sir, are you the British dude who ordered pizza?" A kid with shaggy hair and acne asks me.

Wow, nice timing.

I nod at him and hold out a finger to say, "wait."

"Audrey," I say. 

She shakes her head softly and wraps her arms around herself.

"It was nice talking, Dan. I'm going to go watch the sun set and take a walk. Goodbye." Shes sighs and walks out into the world.

I think I just lost her for good.

"Um, Sir... your pizza?" The kid awkwardly asks.

"I'm sorry." I hand him the money with a shaking hand and take my pizza back up to my room.

I close the door and lean against it, sinking to the floor and my long legs stretch onto the carpet.

I feel like such an utter complete loser, and I'm a mess.

I slink to my bed with laptop and pizza box in hand to watch Netflix and eat my sorrows away.

I choose the movie "What if."

It only makes me miss her more.

I didn't make it 25 minutes before I started bawling my eyes out.

This isn't right. 

I love her.

A/N:

Im sorry ive been gone for so long. I had some personal things going on and my mental health hasn't been at it's best. School is starting soon so I don't know how much I will update. It's been difficult. I hope some of you bear with me and continue to read my book. I love each and every one of you. Stay Alive. -M

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro