46: Hurricane

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

(Both Dan and Audrey is italic bold, Dan is italics and Audrey  is bold.)

I groan as I turn to see the sun shining through my window,

to see a figure laying beside me.

to find that I'm alone.

Her arms are wrapped around me.

The sheets are colder than I'm used to.

It's not the same,

Without him.

Without her.

*Cue Sobbing*

(Dans POV)

I walk back to my house in the pouring rain. I let it drip off of my hair into my eyes and down my nose, my cheek, my chin. I'm drenched at this point. 

Slightly surprised I still remember my way around this deadbeat town.

I can't keep lying to myself.

Its been two days, I should try to get over him.

I miss her more than words can explain.

The way he just left without any explanation,

The way she ran her hands through my hair when we'd kiss,

Is this the first time I've truly been heartbroken?

I see her outline in my bed,

In the same spot I watched him rest his head,

But it's not her who lays there.

Its just empty instead.

(Audrey's POV)

I roll out of bed and place my toes on the cold wooden floor. I sigh. There's nothing I can do. Crying doesn't fix anything, neither does staying in bed for days on end. 

I open my inbox to find a email from the YouTube headquarters. In California. In America.

I skim through their letter.

"Dear Audrey Sampson,

As your channel has grown substantially in the last two months, we would like to ask you to come to the YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, California. We understand you're located in the UK, so we will help you with travel and housing for your stay in America."

I let out a sigh and a small smile.

I'm going to america!

I finish reading the letter, but I'm left speechless when my eyes hit this line.

"Your boyfriend, Dan Howell, is welcome to come along too! Please email me back so I can get you the flight accommodations for both you and Dan. He recently let us know that he will be in soon to pay us a visit. Can't wait to meet with you, Audrey!

-The team at YouTube"

I mentally scream as I slowly shut my laptop.

(Dans POV)

I rub my neck as I relax in the chair next to my mum's bed. The doctors say she's nearing the end, I dont know how I will be able to handle her passing. She's the only family I have left and I don't want to loose her. But we all dont get what we want in life, now do we. 

I sigh and wrap my shaking hand around my mum's limp one. She's sleeping. Her soft eyes are closed and her chest rises and falls slowly. Everything feels so cold.

"Cancer is a nasty thing." The nurse says quietly. I look up at her, not realizing she was there.

"Yeah, it is." I squeeze mum's hand just a bit.

My phone buzzes and I lay mum's hand back on the bed.

I open my phone to see a new email fro YouTube hq in California.

This is not what I need right now.

I open it anyway.

"Hello Danisnotonfire,

We are expecting you to visit our facility sometime soon! We have a couple meetings for you to attend and then the annual talk about Vidcon. Once you let us know the date that is good for you to come, we will send you your flight information and hotel. Your girlfriend, Audrey Sampson, has also been asked to come give us a visit! We let her know it would be okay for you two to travel and stay together. Hope to hear back from you soon!

-The team at YouTube"

I turn off my phone and rub my face with my hands.

Crap.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro