(5) Fangirl Column

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

POETICPRINCESS317 PROUDLY PRESENTS: "LEGGO MY EGAO; A YGO Fangirl's (Somewhat Brutal) Honest Opinion on YGO ARCV"

HELLO ALL YUYAS AND YUZUS (OR LEAH'S OR ZUZU'S IF YOU WATCH LE DUB(s))

And welcome to yet, another ygo fangirl column, where in this issue people talk about YUGIOH arc v, but I'm just gonna state my honest opinion, despite the glowing reviews others have given this series, and it's "Useless" pendulum summoning mechanic.

Because shut up....

*audience boos*

I have my reasons tho here are just a few on why this series, in particular (especially the pendulum summons) killed the way I (orchestra duel) perceive the ygo franchise in general:

Reason number 1: Too many characters too little pacing and not enough motive and plot to show or even explain it all in the given amount of seasons provided for this haplessly poor excuse for a spinoff.

Why even bother watching it? when it's either about characters that don't get the recognition they deserve (Yuzu and her bracelet powers are never thoroughly explained as neither is Yuri's sudden rebellion against the Obelisk force and Leo (and pretty much everyone) but how do we know that if the only proper thing to do is to explain the situation further, rather than write it off....Yuri must've decided offscreen to join in on the egao, despite his treacherous ways, but how?!

And really?! to bring Zarc into the very end of the series and his fusion with the main protag while rushing up to the final episode?!.....either that's lazy writing or not enough dedication (or deadication x,3) to craft (Srry not srry).

Reason 2: the dub(s)

Depending on which English dub, yuya can tell either dannix inc (in mah head) or 4k media really did indeed screw up worse in the writing department than the jp version ever could.....I mean Shun and even the abridged version are like my only reasons for liking arc v, despite it being my last fave, but the English dub(s) give him hell, and makes him say useless card attack names, and speak in weird accents.

With all due respect to Matt shipman and Connor Wollock for their respective dub versions of Shun, whether it's Shay Obsidian or Shawn Kawson of course, it's when the writing of the show, even in dub, makes silly errors, that even a five year old might make with their first essay, that forces the delivery of what the characters are saying, to not sound like the originally intent of the show at all....

Like "Performapal" instead of "performage"

srsly....this is not rocket science.....ugh! Get your names right -.-

Finally, the fact that KONAMI are becoming power-hungry for more profitable forms of entertainment.....that, its turning out to be bloody obvious they don't care anymore, I mean, this series could've been more entertaining, they could've made more decent cards than just pendulums and vanillas....but no, they didn't even touch upon their lores....or the errata or such things...until like a year later, when the show is just about to end....and are now nerfing the hell out of certain ygo card archetypes, although they brought back almost all the summoning techniques (except maybe ritual)....because of what pendulum monsters do and how their summoning works....

and oh ho ho how the tables will turn on KONAMI when they're gonna introduce Link Summons in the Vrains series.....boy, will I have a fit and a half with that one....although the series looks like it's worth a watch and fangirl column of its own.

But that's another issue for another magazine.....not also mentioning the "Music 2 Duel by" album for this series was pretty awful, and it's "More Music 2 Duel By-ep" was just as bad ("Can you feel the power" more like "can you feel my foot up your derrière")

(Don't get me started with it's parallels to the one piece theme either...it's far worse)

So srry yuzu had to hear me ranting this time.....in a frigging fangirl column. Tune in to the next issue where I hopefully be back to my old Fangirling self XD

(If I haven't already)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro