31. Jealousy

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Nandini was sitting on the sand, looking at the waves and thinking something deeply.

Mani dint call me Golu, infront of her. Why so? I'm his best friend na, then why should he feel awkward calling me by my nickname infront of anyone? Wait, but I also dint call him 'Mani'. Hmmm.. That's ok but then also. If he met his long lost friend that doesn't mean he should ignore me or forget me. Huh! How much he was laughing with her. Talking with her sweetly. And with me? He always fights or teases. Humesha tang hi karta hai. Gadha kahika. That chipkali! How she was sticking to him like fevicol. Mera bas chalta toh usey main.. huh! Leave it. Mujhe kya. Jo chahe kare.

She thought making faces.

Abhi tak voh aaya nahi yaha. Did she take him with her? Dono ghumne gaye hoge kya? Itne dino baad jo mile hai. No! Mani nei jayega. Usey pata hai I'll wait here for him. But... What if she insists so much? Uss chipkali ki vajah se Mani mujhse door toh nei jayega na? Will she snatch my only best friend away from me? Uffo Nandu! What are you thinking! He's your Mani. He can never leave you for anyone else. But she's not anyone na. She's his friend. And she said she had crush on him. They were famous as a couple in their college. Offo! She was just flaunting. Mani ne toh uske muh par saaf saaf mana kar diya. Tu bhi na Nandu. Huh! I'm feeling so so upset because of that girl. I don't want to share my mani with anyone else. He's only my best friend and will always remain the same. Forever.

Nandini was thinking all this while debating with her ownself and making sad pouts when she felt hand on her shoulder. She turned and saw Manik sitting beside her.

"Oyy, what happened to you? Why you left suddenly?" Nandini jerked his hand away and started making some patterns on sand with a small stick.

"Arey.."

Nandini dint look at him and kept doing her work. Manik snatched the stick from her hand threw away. She looked at him angrily.

"What is your problem, Manik?" She scowled to which Manik sighed.

"My question is the same. What is your problem? What happened to you suddenly?" He asked to which she looked away.

"As if you care." Manik frowned.

" Ofcourse I do. You left suddenly. You dint even talk with vee-"

"Ohh so you are here to question me that why I dint talk with her? I thought you are here for me. But you are here to fight with me for her. Why Manik? Even she dint talk with me? Why are you questioning me only? Ask her too." Nandini said furiously. Manik looked shock.

"Hey hey, hold on. When did I even say like that? And why will I fight with you for her?" Asked Manik with confusion. Nandini looked away and replied.

"Because she's your long lost friend. Or we can say, girlfriend." Manik widened his eyes.

"Oh no no no! This is totally going in wrong direction. I clearly told that we were just friends. I never felt anything for her." Manik said.

"Yeah right. And she clearly told that you both were known as a couple and she had a crush on you." Manik held his head.

"Oh God! If she had crush on me, what's my fault in that?" Nandini gritted her teeth.

"Your fault is you are still here with me. Go na. Go to her. You both missed each other so much no? Why are you here? Go go.." Said Nandini and stood up from her place. Before she move ahead Manik held her hand while she wriggled.

"Golu.. listen to me."

"Mani, leave me. Let me go. Mani I'm saying na leave me. Why are you-"

"Golu!" Manik said loudly yet sternly. Nandini stopped wriggling and stood calm while looking down. Manik sighed.

"Golu, tell me what happened, baby? Why are you angry on me, hmm?" Manik asked her softly yet lovingly while making her look at him. Her face was sad. She looked at him and pushed him back.

"You ignored me. Tumne uski vajah se mujhe ignore kiya." She shouted angrily like a kid. She looked damn adorable. Manik looked at her amused.

"Golu-"

"Haan now you remember I'm your golu. In front her toh you were calling me Nandini. Then why now ha?" Nandini complained to which he felt like pulling her cheeks because though she was hell angry, the way she was talking and behaving was damn cute. She looked like a grumpy kid.

"You were laughing with her so much. You like her company na. You talked with her so sweetly. And with me? You always fight, tease or shout like monster." Said Nandini showing her finger towards him. Manik was hiding his smile with a difficulty.

"And now also you were ready to question and fight with me for her because I dint talk with her. Did she talk with me? No na? Then why should I? What does she think of herself? Whoever she is, but I'm also NM. People gets scared from my one look and there she was giving me weird looks like I'm any shit." Nandini fumed angrily. Her face was red. Cheeks puffed.

"And you, you were so busy with her that you forget someone is standing beside you. Waiting for you. And-" before she speaks further Manik pulled her towards himself and kept finger on her mouth. She looked at him.

"Achcha ok. I know you have many complaints about me and vee and I'm so sorry for that. But I never ignored you, golu. I just went with flow while talking with her." Nandini made sad pout and turned her face away.

"Still angry?" She nodded in yes. She had tears in her eyes. Manik took her in side hug.

"Arey arey, what happened to my fiesty NM? Why these big big tears? Mani is sorry." Nandini looked at him and stood keeping her hands on his both shoulders. Manik held her by waist.

"You are my only best friend and I don't want to lose you. I won't share you with anyone. You are only mine." She said being possessive. Manik felt his heart beats raising. He raised his brow.

"Only yours?" He teased her. She got what she said and immediately corrected.

"I mean, only mine best friend. I'm telling you mani, if again you ignored me na because of anyone else then... Then.." Manik tightened his grip around her.

"Then?"

"Then ha.. then I'll never ever talk to you again. I'll hide such a way that you won't be able to find me to say sorry. Your punishment." She said poking her finger on his chest. He laughed.

"Achcha? And you think you will be able to hide yourself from me? Ah?" Nandini nodded while playing with his collar. Manik smirked.

"FYI, for your information, I'm the Manik Malhotra. Nothing is impossible for me." Nandini looked at him and smirked.

"And for your information, I am the NM. Everything is possible for me." She said with her never ending attitude. Manik pulled her nose.

"Kitna bada gussa hai na tumhare nose par. Dekho kaise gusse se laal ho gaya hai." Manik chuckled pulling her nose again. Nandini hits his shoulder.

"Don't do that." She scowled. Manik again took her in side hug and Nandini rested her head on his shoulder.

"Someone's jealous." He said while caressing her hairs.

"Yes. I am." Nandini whispered. Manik smiled.

"I can never ignore you for anyone, golu. And she's just a friend. Nothing more. You no need to be jealous or feel insecure." Said Manik softly.

"But I'm scared. You are my only best friend, Mani. The thought of loosing you makes me shiver. I was all alone for past some years then after your arrival you filled that emptiness. I started to live again. I started to laugh again. I started to talk again. I can't loose you, mani. I'll again slip into that drakness. That loneliness will swallow me." Her tears fell and Manik wiped it gently.

"You will never ever loose me. It's my promise. Because you are not only my best friend. But you are more than my best friend, golu." Nandini looked at him suddenly.

"More than best friends? What do you mean?" Nandini asked gulping her saliva. She suddenly felt nervous. Manik smiled.

"Bestest friends. We are more than best friends, golu. The bond I share with fab 5 is of best friend. But you, you are my bestest friend. I am being my actual self when I'm with you. I share, I talk, I laugh, I do every damn thing with you. Which I don't even do with fab 5. We generally do practice, then concerts, then parties, drinks and some pranks with teasings. But with you, I do all the craziest thing which I never did. You are special, golu. And you will be always the special one. Trust me." Manik confessed lovingly. His words touched her heart. She hugged him immediately. Manik hugged her back while chuckling.

"I trust you the most. Thank you for everything, Mani." Manik patted her head.

"Don't forget, no sorries and no thanks in friendship." Nandini bit her tongue and made a puppy face. Manik laughed and pulled her cheeks.

"It's okay my golu molu. Let's get going now." Nandini pouted.

"No I'm hungry. Let's eat something."

"What? Here? Street food? No ways. You are not eating that. Let's go home, mom will make-"

"Please na mani, please please please. I love street food please na. Nothing will happen. Please.." Nandini pleaded to him so much. Manik glared at her.

"You better know how to convince me. Chalo abhi." Nandini squealed in happiness while Manik shook his head. They left towards the stalls.

Screen freezes.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro