04: Shut Up Before Someone Hears You

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

AUTHOR SWITCH - @Michelle_the_Verstappen

"Elliot, remind me why we are here again?" Stalker McGee asked while staring a the huge building.

"Well, my friend borrowed my... Uhhh... Pencil and I need it back!" I announced as more of a question than a statement with the most confidence I could muster. He had this look of disbelief on his face. 

"Your friend lives in a bank? Why is this pencil so important?" He asked curiously.

"She kinda does but at the moment she's locked in the vault and can't get out. So we need to help her so I can get my pencil back, so I can finish my homework but I don't exactly have a pencil to finish it with, do I?" I asked hoping he would just believe my story.

"Can't you just use another one, I'm sure you have more than one, righ-?" He asked, starting to get suspicious.

"Nope, why would I buy another pencil when I already have one? That'll cost me a fortune, a waste of money in my opinion. SMH my head." I cut him off, trying to erase any suspicion that he might have gathered.

"Wait, pencil's don't cost that muc-"

"Ohh wowww. You're looking down on my because I can't afford another pencil? I'm sorry but not everyone is as fortunate as you. Anyways, we better hurry before it gets dark."

"I-I didn't mean it like that... and it's 1:00am..." He said as guilt washed over him.

"It's alright just follow me," I said,  motioning him to follow me. I turned around to make sure he was he was still behind me and saw he was began to reluctantly follow my lead.

I climbed up the rope towards the roof of the building Stalker McGee close behind.

"Why don't we just knock on the door?"

"She's not home, so she said I could just break in, don't worry." I reassured him.

"Are you sure this is legal?"

"Yes, now shut up before someone hears you."

"What do you mean by th-?"

I cut him off my putting my hand over his mouth, just as the security guard just walked by on the ground floor. I waited a moment before letting go just to make sure.

"Who's was that?"

"It's her.... Umm, sister? She really doesn't like me so let's just avoid her. And what did I say about shutting up?"

"Why is her sister really buff? Why does she have a moustache? And why is she cosplaying as a security guard?"

By this time I face palmed.

"She is a strong independent woman and can exercise, grow a moustache and cosplay as she pleases."

I took out my laptop and began to hack the security system and cameras. I let my computer do the work as I began to get bored just waiting for it to finish. An uncomfortable awkward silence filled the air.

"Sooo, the weathers great..." I broke the silence to try to ease the suspicion that he held.

"I guess so..."

"So, Stalker McGee tell me about yourself."

"Well, first of all my names not Stalker McGee.  I told you my name hundreds of times and you still can't remember it. For the last time my name i-"

"Oh never mind, I don't care any more, the security is down now." I interrupted him. "Come on follow me." I motioned him to stay close behind.

I created a hole in the roof with a with my laser pointer that I picked up at the dollar store and jumped in the hole. I looked behind me to see no sign of Stalker McGee.

"Aren't you going to jump down too?"

"This has got to be illegal," he commented as jumping down. "Also why are we wearing black ski masks?"

"As I said earlier, her sister doesn't really like me so we are trying to hide from her."

"Won't she think we're robbers or something?"

"Of course not. This kind of attire is very common and respected where she comes from"

I took out the blue prints and walked to the vault. I put down some TNT, lit it, and ran away.

"Isn't this like property damage? That explosive could kill her. We could go to prison for this." He asked another question for the one hundredth time.

"She's running out of air in there. I'm sure she won't mind a small mess if it means saving her life" I say with a shrug

Just after I finished my sentence we heard a loud explosion in the vault room.

"Stay here while I get my pen."

I walked to the vault and stuffed my currently empty body bags with the money. After finishing I set off an alarm and ran back to Stalker McGee.

"Where is she? Did you get her out?

"Oh, right I knew I forgot something. Don't worry I opened the vault for like a second so I'm sure the vault filled up with a bit of fresh air. Stay close behind, I must have triggered an alarm. We need to get out of here." I explained while he looked concerned for my 'friend's' wellbeing.

I began running when I was immediately stopped by one of the guards.

"Hey! What are you doing here? I need you to come with me." The guard announced.

"Awww, don't be a party pooper. I got what I needed just let me go and I'll be out of your hair."

"Oh okay." He answered and walked away.

I glanced back to Stalker McGee to see him looking surprised that the guard let me go so easily.

"Woah, what the crickets just happened here?"

"You could say I can be really persuasive." I say while I manically laugh. 

While we began to walk towards the end of the hallway, I took out my phone and called Harold.

"Hey, Harold my man. I need a ride. We just did a heist *cough cough* I mean went to a to the bank to get my eraser back from the vault. Bring the car for our getaway."

"Elliot, I thought you let her borrow a pencil not an eraser."

"Oh, what's that over there?" I asked pointing down the hallway. He quickly whips his head to take a look at nothing, literally nothing.

I quickly opened the window next to us.

"Ladies first." I gesture as I quickly push him out before he realizes what's going on.

After his scream of terror I prepare to jump out as well, but stop as soon as I saw him get surrounded by police. I quickly ran to another window and jumped out, hoping not to get caught.

StalkerMcGee's POV

I turned around to find a note reading, "Thanks for covering for me. Don't drop the soap in Jail." And signed off with Elliot.

As I was getting handcuffed I saw what looked like Elliot getting into a limo with Harold driving it. But I doubt I saw that, my eyes must have been playing tricks on me. 

Elliot would never just leave me here with the police, right?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro