2: Postponed

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Ana's POV

I arrive home with mixed feelings and use my foot to thrust the door open. Stepping in I witness Oluchi lounging on one of the plush chairs as she munches on chin chin, a bottle of sprite on the wooden side table close to her.

She takes note of my presence when my shoes clang on the tiled floor after I fling them and throw myself on the nearest couch. Pausing what she is watching on the TV her focus shifts to me.

"How did it go?" She polls as she catches sight of my mood, placing the half-eaten bowl of chin chin on the wide glass table that sits at the center of my living room.

I nearly respond but swallow my words the moment Joe strolls in, muttering something on the lines of "I thought I heard our girl drive in. Oh, there she is."

Waving weakly at him I massage my temples and release a breath in fatigue thus my system is not fully recovered from the fainting ordeal.

"So back to my question, how did it go, and why do you look confused?" Oluchi repeats crouching in my direction.

"Let me just say it didn't go as I expected," I relay sitting up.

"How were you expecting it to go?" Joe quizzes, his long-nailed thumb softly scratching his straight nose.

"Bad." I shrug, "rather he was happy about it."

"Wait what?" Oluchi doubts in shock.

"I know," I bob my head. "He yelled at me at first, though I now know it was due to his surprise. His exact words were he's never been happier."

"That man is something else," Joe speaks, appearing stunned.

"Yeah, his last phrase was "I'll know what do," I tell using air quotes.

"What do you think he meant by that?" Oluchi interrogates, looking perplexed.

"I have no idea," I admit, more confused than ever.

"I repeat, that man is something else," Joe denotes staring down at the both of us, his muscular arms crossed in the white long-sleeved shirt he's doning, his long legs clad in a jeans trouser.

"You don't need to tell me that Joe, I'm pregnant for the guy remember?" I query. "Right now I need a bath, food, and rest."

"Speaking of, I made jollof rice."
Oluchi winks.

"God, I love you." I beam in gratitude, "I would have hugged you but I'm so drained."

"It's nothing, now shoo." She urges, and I nod, rising to go to pick my shoes before ambling to my room.

I halt as my eyes catch Joe peering at her, an unknown expression on his face, as his mouth curves in a little smile. Shaking my head and grinning I proceed to my destination before I'm caught staring.

Today is Friday the supposed day of the bachelor's party which I am supposed to attend but can't because Emily had me fired.

I wake up to bright sun enough to fry an egg shining through the glass window. Why I just thought of eggs simply proves I am craving some. Rubbing my eyes I am surprised I don't feel sweaty as a result of the early morning heat.

I alight from the fluffy mattress and heed the light hum of the air conditioner and noise of the generator indicating Joe must have put it on in regards to the heat and no NEPA.

I saunter to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Deciding to shower at the same time, I tug off my clothes and turn on the faucet.

The minute I'm done, I return to the room naked as a result of no clothes hence I washed them while taking a bath.

My orbs flash to the wall clock to observe it's half-past ten in the morning. I select bum shorts and a tank top from my wardrobe thus I'm not allowed to go to work after I returned from the hospital.

I vent out of my room to meet a quiet house. Calling out for Oluchi I receive no reply. I peep through the living room windows and acknowledge the absence of Joe's car, meaning he isn't home too.

Leaving there I switch on the TV, fan, and air conditioning, thereafter proceeding to the kitchen where the craving for egg returns. Thankfully my nausea happens to have subsided to a minimum because of the medications handed to me by the doctor. I go on to prepare my breakfast.

Carrying my now-ready plate of omelets and bread plus a teacup to the living room, I rest them on the floor. Signing into Netflix I choose Zaya And The Dragon and join my tray of food on the rug.

Devouring my breakfast with a smile on my face and peace around me, I'm happy Oluchi isn't here to mock my silly taste in entertainment, her words, not mine. I love her to the ends of the earth but sometimes I wonder how we are best friends despite our very different preferences in almost everything.

An example is the fact she despises pants and anything related to that or how she chooses Brazilian wool over hair attachments in the braiding of her hair, add this to many other instances and you'll think we would-be enemies, rather, our relationship goes to prove that opposites do attract.

Chewing on the fried eggs garnished with onions, fresh pepper, tomatoes, and seasoning, I am startled for a moment when Glory rushes in, panting for air.

"How did you get in?" I inquire in surprise hence I am sure Joe never fails to lock the gates.

"Did you forget you activated the fingerprint gesture two weeks ago?" She contests wiggling her thumb for emphasis to which I bob my head in affirmation.

"Oooh, Zaya And The Dragon, I love this cartoon film," she grins, taking note of what I'm following.

"And this is why you are my friend and assistant," I giggle in retort at her slim but curvy frame.

"Because we've got the same taste in movies?" She interrogates, slumping beside me on the soft carpet, eying me with her brown globes.

"Nope, because we've got the same taste in everything," I smile.

"Yeah yeah," she dismisses, her breathing high as she exhales through her pointed nose.

"Why are you out of breath?" I ask in concern, acknowledging the exertion trickling down the fair skin of her forehead, "You good?"

"Yeah," she confesses and snatches the glass of water I situated for my use, gulping it down before continuing. "About that, have you heard what's going on?"

"No, but aren't you supposed to be at the company seeing as I'm on house arrest?" I investigate, lending her an inquisitive stare.

"I was there until something occurred," she informs adjusting her body to face me, her right thigh exposed in the red slit dress she's clad in.

"Is everything okay at the company?" I question in panic.

"Everything is fine," she rolls her eyes. "But."

"But what?" I implore, in a haste to be filled in of what's going on.

"Have you checked your phone? Or glanced at today's headlines?" She invites and I shake my head in denial.

"No wonder you seem so cool and collected," she scoffs.

"What does that mean?" I raise a question, finally finished with my meal.

"They postponed their wedding," she lets out like it's a huge deal.

"Oh cool," I accept not knowing whom she's referring to.

"I mean, they," Glory says playing a video on her phone and shoving it in my vision.

Channeling my attention to what is displaying I spot Ike and Emily standing side by side. Feeling a pang of pain, I shift the phone back to her.

"No Ana, just watch," she instructs and places it in my palm.

Sighing, I do as she says and gaze at the screen as Ike starts to tell the press that their wedding scheduled to hold tomorrow is being postponed due to personal reasons. Emily nods in affirmation when a question is directed at her, going on to say "yes, personal reasons that will be taken care of as soon as possible," her eyes glaring at the camera or specifically me, as she explains this.

As my brain begins to process what I just saw, I choke on my spit. Heaving and tapping my chest as terror runs through me, I sight Glory dashing to the kitchen, a glass cup in her arm to fetch me water in replacement of the one she consumed while I hope she arrives before I choke to death.

We hope she doesn't choke to death🤧
Anyway, how are you all doing?
I hope you like?😁

Thank you all for reading sharing and voting on my book, I truly appreciate it🙏😊🙌

To get updates about my books.
Please follow me up on
Freshy Gore Writes: Facebook
Freshy Focus: Facebook Page
Freshy Gore: Instagram
Freshy Gore: Twitter
+2348113775889: WhatsApp

Don't forget to tap that little star at the left end of your screen. Thank you😊

Freshy

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro